HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Kind of a joke. But not offended....we fall into "one of Canada's best kept secrets" kind of city. If you have never been here, you have a poor impression....if your work or family travel ends up bringing you here, you are shocked how much you like the city!

In a previous job, I planned a number of national conferences held in Saskatoon and at first was surprised how little delegates knew about Saskatoon and 2nd how many misconceptions they had about the city ("wow...there are trees here....and restaurants...and a pretty downtown...) I kid you not!!! I can't say all of them, but the vast majority left with a far more positive perception of our city then they arrived with!
So true. I have heard similar comments when people visit for the first time.
Perhaps many people have a 'Corner Gas' image of Regina, Saskatoon, and Saskatchewan on the whole. I think Saskatchewan needs to borrow Ontario's former motto (which they no longer use). Yours to Discover

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan