HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #121  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2009, 6:36 PM
tgannaway89 tgannaway89 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Midland/San Antonio
Posts: 379
Phase 1 of the new master plan will consist of 6 buildings and more than 800,000 sf. Two of these buildings will house ROTC and other office space. Site work is underway between the HSS and north parking garage for these buildings. Three buildings will rise from the existing parking lots between the south parking garage and the rec center. I assume the large middle one is the performing arts building you heard about.

__________________
WATCH TV
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #122  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2009, 1:42 PM
ydoc14's Avatar
ydoc14 ydoc14 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 1,123
If they're taking up parking space w/ those new buildings...where are they gonna make up for the lost parking at?
__________________
GO SPURS GO! | My Photography
SAN ANTONIO
~ been here since April 2005...formerly sanantoniorocks21 and sarocks14
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #123  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2009, 6:59 PM
oldmanshirt's Avatar
oldmanshirt oldmanshirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SATX > KCMO > DFW
Posts: 1,170
^^^ Um, on campus housing is going to take away all those cars, right?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #124  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2009, 5:19 AM
ydoc14's Avatar
ydoc14 ydoc14 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
^^^ Um, on campus housing is going to take away all those cars, right?
WRONG!!
__________________
GO SPURS GO! | My Photography
SAN ANTONIO
~ been here since April 2005...formerly sanantoniorocks21 and sarocks14
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #125  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2009, 12:22 PM
Big A Big A is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoc14 View Post
If they're taking up parking space w/ those new buildings...where are they gonna make up for the lost parking at?
Some of the surface parking lots will become parking garages.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #126  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2009, 3:04 PM
oldmanshirt's Avatar
oldmanshirt oldmanshirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SATX > KCMO > DFW
Posts: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoc14 View Post
WRONG!!
wow, it was just a joke. lol?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #127  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2009, 4:13 PM
ydoc14's Avatar
ydoc14 ydoc14 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
wow, it was just a joke. lol?
haha, I wasn't really yelling at you
__________________
GO SPURS GO! | My Photography
SAN ANTONIO
~ been here since April 2005...formerly sanantoniorocks21 and sarocks14
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #128  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2009, 9:50 PM
oldmanshirt's Avatar
oldmanshirt oldmanshirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SATX > KCMO > DFW
Posts: 1,170
Well hopefully you weren't yelling at yourself... that would worry me way more.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #129  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2009, 8:07 PM
tgannaway89 tgannaway89 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Midland/San Antonio
Posts: 379
Aspen Heights will be a residential neighborhood for students boasting the same amenities as local student apartments. The company has built identical neighborhoods at A&M and Baylor. Anyone know where this is being built?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/San-An...A/131011783604

A new student apartment complex is under construction off UTSA Blvd. The 4-story apartments are being built adjacent to The Outpost student apartments and across from University Oaks student housing. The same company built Hill Country Place in 2008 and opened High View Place this year.

http://www.paisano-online.com/news/s...dents-1.398945

Another student apartment project is expected to break ground near the intersection of Babcock and UTSA Blvd.

This is in addition to at least 7 apartment complexes that opened around UTSA this semester.

Land around UTSA is becoming scarce.
__________________
WATCH TV
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #130  
Old Posted Sep 19, 2009, 5:12 AM
sirkingwilliam's Avatar
sirkingwilliam sirkingwilliam is offline
Loving SA 365 days a year
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,712
That's osme sick ass housing for UTSA students.

Hey TG, if you don't mind could you post an aerial of the UTSA area and plot out the land that now has housing on it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #131  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2009, 8:07 PM
tgannaway89 tgannaway89 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Midland/San Antonio
Posts: 379
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...784f0802f2fd8e

I created this housing guide site a while back to help out new students.
__________________
WATCH TV
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #132  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2009, 6:52 AM
tgannaway89 tgannaway89 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Midland/San Antonio
Posts: 379
Aspen Heights will include more than 60 four-bedroom homes in a gated student-only neighborhood. It will be built off Hausman directly across from the Woodthorn subdivision. They are opening identical properties at LSU, A&M, and Baylor. http://www.myaspenheights.com



Location:



The blue outline is Aspen Heights. The yellow outline is 4-story student apartments under construction. The green outline is a newly opened student apartment.

Also trails will soon open along that creek as park of the Leon Creek Greenway.
__________________
WATCH TV

Last edited by tgannaway89; Sep 22, 2009 at 5:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #133  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2009, 5:10 PM
Peligro! Peligro! is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
Phase 1 of the new master plan will consist of 6 buildings and more than 800,000 sf. Two of these buildings will house ROTC and other office space. Site work is underway between the HSS and north parking garage for these buildings. Three buildings will rise from the existing parking lots between the south parking garage and the rec center. I assume the large middle one is the performing arts building you heard about.

Is there a timeline for this 'phase 1'?

That would be great if this would be done in the next 12-24 months.

IS there a budget for any of these buildings, some of the other UT campuses are building performance centers too (at 50-80 million!). It will be great if we have a grade A facility.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #134  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2009, 5:15 PM
tgannaway89 tgannaway89 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Midland/San Antonio
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligro! View Post
Is there a timeline for this 'phase 1'?

That would be great if this would be done in the next 12-24 months.

IS there a budget for any of these buildings, some of the other UT campuses are building performance centers too (at 50-80 million!). It will be great if we have a grade A facility.
The land for the two office buildings is being cleared. The first of the 3 large buildings and the new quad probably will not break ground until at least late 2010.
__________________
WATCH TV
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #135  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 9:31 AM
tgannaway89 tgannaway89 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Midland/San Antonio
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
Aspen Heights will be a residential neighborhood for students boasting the same amenities as local student apartments. The company has built identical neighborhoods at A&M and Baylor. Anyone know where this is being built?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/San-An...A/131011783604

A new student apartment complex is under construction off UTSA Blvd. The 4-story apartments are being built adjacent to The Outpost student apartments and across from University Oaks student housing. The same company built Hill Country Place in 2008 and opened High View Place this year.

http://www.paisano-online.com/news/s...dents-1.398945

Another student apartment project is expected to break ground near the intersection of Babcock and UTSA Blvd.

This is in addition to at least 7 apartment complexes that opened around UTSA this semester.

Land around UTSA is becoming scarce.
Another student housing project has broken ground. Royal Village is being built off Hausman across from the athletics park. It will be the fourth student housing complex to plan a 2011 opening.
__________________
WATCH TV
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #136  
Old Posted Feb 8, 2010, 4:27 AM
Peligro! Peligro! is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
The paisano is reporting a new building to be built using a tilt up concrete mehtod on the main campus. Any ideas wha tthis building is and if it is represnted on the new master plan? Also if there is anywhere we could see a possible rendering. Sounds like an inexpensive way to get some more sq ft, hopefully it doesnt look like garbage.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #137  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2010, 9:49 PM
Big A Big A is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligro! View Post
The paisano is reporting a new building to be built using a tilt up concrete mehtod on the main campus. Any ideas wha tthis building is and if it is represnted on the new master plan? Also if there is anywhere we could see a possible rendering. Sounds like an inexpensive way to get some more sq ft, hopefully it doesnt look like garbage.
It's the new multi-function office building. It will be a two story 75,000 sq. ft. L-shaped building. It's on the master plan next to the north parking garage. It actually shows two approx. 38,000 sq. ft. buildings on the master plan but the paisano is calling it one building. The ROTC offices will be in here also.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #138  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2010, 10:38 PM
alexjon's Avatar
alexjon alexjon is offline
Bears of antiquity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Downtown/First Hill, Seattle, WA
Posts: 8,340
As long as Chisholm doesn't have its mold problem, all is right with the world.
__________________
"The United States is in no way founded upon the Christian religion." -- George Washington & John Adams in a diplomatic message to Malta
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #139  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2010, 12:18 AM
tgannaway89 tgannaway89 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Midland/San Antonio
Posts: 379
Aspen Heights, Avalon Place, and Madera will soon open adding more than 1,000 rooms for students living around the campus.

A new office building ($15 million) will break ground later this month:



A new 5-level parking garage ($30 million) will break ground later this year adjacent to the Main Building:



$24 million in renovations/additions are being made the Science Building and west campus labs. Completion is scheduled in January of 2011.

Phase 1 of Park West will soon finish design and break ground by September 2011. This $22 million project is part of the $100+ million athletics complex UTSA will be constructing over the next several years.
__________________
WATCH TV

Last edited by tgannaway89; Apr 27, 2010 at 6:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #140  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2010, 5:22 AM
ydoc14's Avatar
ydoc14 ydoc14 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 1,123
The new parking garage looks great, is in a good spot, and is gonna add a lot of density
__________________
GO SPURS GO! | My Photography
SAN ANTONIO
~ been here since April 2005...formerly sanantoniorocks21 and sarocks14
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:44 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.