HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 6, 2013, 8:36 PM

This is a great photo from my friend Erik on Facebook.

Erik shot the picture this morning from The Mayfair condo tower in Uptown/Turtle Creek.

Various dense highrise projects can be seen underway in the photo (The Taylor, The Residences at the Stoneleigh, and a couple others I can't recall their names at the moment).

It shows just how dense central Dallas is becoming. And this is just a small slice of the center cityscape that can be seen in the image.

Soon there will be several additional dense highrise projects underway besides the ones seen (Frost Bank Tower, Hall Arts District Tower, the Crescent project, etc.). The 24 story residential tower in Uptown's West Village has its crane up (not seen in image) along with numerous other cranes not seen.

Central Dallas is undergoing a "Manhattanization" and getting denser and denser by the day.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Old Posted Apr 6, 2013, 9:01 PM

Very nice pic! I've notice more people referring to the Turtle Creek corridor as Uptown rather than Oak Lawn. I love living in Oak Lawn, I don't know why they wouldn't use that name. Uptown is technically on the other side of the Katy Trail .

Old Posted Apr 7, 2013, 5:37 PM
BANNED

I Hope it does come out.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2013, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Very nice pic! I've notice more people referring to the Turtle Creek corridor as Uptown rather than Oak Lawn. I love living in Oak Lawn, I don't know why they wouldn't use that name. Uptown is technically on the other side of the Katy Trail .
Its one of those things where either someone is confused or who knows. You are right though there are stainless steel 'sculpture' signs scattered about that mark when you enter uptown. I know a number of marketers in the Design District (less so now that it is becoming a neighborhood) and Oak Lawn love to say its uptown. Uptown is bordered by Turtle Creek, Woodall Rogers Freeway / Deck Park, and 75. Ironically uptown falls under Dallas's planned development 'Oak Lawn 193'. The other weird thing is developers are pushing the redevelopment of the Galleria (about 8-10 miles north of uptown) area and trying to coin it as Midtown. Another group was or is trying to push the same name for new developments along 75 / Walnut Hill. Call me crazy, but I thought Midtown was between uptown and downtown. At the end of the day...who cares?

I have some other pics I have taken showing the a number of projects under construction, but don't know how you post pics. Anyone help?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTU Arch View Post
Its one of those things where either someone is confused or who knows. You are right though there are stainless steel 'sculpture' signs scattered about that mark when you enter uptown. I know a number of marketers in the Design District (less so now that it is becoming a neighborhood) and Oak Lawn love to say its uptown. Uptown is bordered by Turtle Creek, Woodall Rogers Freeway / Deck Park, and 75. Ironically uptown falls under Dallas's planned development 'Oak Lawn 193'. The other weird thing is developers are pushing the redevelopment of the Galleria (about 8-10 miles north of uptown) area and trying to coin it as Midtown. Another group was or is trying to push the same name for new developments along 75 / Walnut Hill. Call me crazy, but I thought Midtown was between uptown and downtown. At the end of the day...who cares?

I have some other pics I have taken showing the a number of projects under construction, but don't know how you post pics. Anyone help?
First upload them to a free image hosting service like Imageshack, TinyPic or Photobucket and then copy the link for the image and post it here using the "insert image" tool in the reply toolbar.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2013, 8:50 PM

^ Thanks

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 3:38 AM

Construction Update

Parkland Co Hospital

UT Southwestern Hospital

Last edited by TTU Arch; Apr 16, 2013 at 3:23 AM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 2:11 PM

I was wondering when someone was going to work on this site. From the pic in Steve Brown's article this site is across Carlisle from Gables new complex. This site and JLB's site will go a long way to transforming this part of uptown. I can't help but think the site diagonially across from this one with the Azel Arts store (minus the multi story storage facility) has its days numbered before a developer does something with it.

Developer plans Routh Street apartments in Dallas’ Uptown district
By Steve Brown

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...district.html/

"A fast-growing apartment builder with two projects in Dallas’ Uptown district is looking at a third development.

Alamo Manhattan LLC has tied up part of a block at Routh and Carlisle streets, just south of Turtle Creek.

The property is now occupied by several small buildings that would be knocked down for the new rental housing development.

Alamo Manhattan CEO Matt Segrest said his firm plans to build 212 units on the more than 1-acre property, which is near Cedar Springs Road...."

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 3:28 AM

Uptown Construction update

The Taylor hi-rise apartments and 3003 Carlisle: Monaco Apartments (6 story low rise)

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 3:39 AM

Oak Lawn Construction Update

These developments all range roughly in 200-350 apartments each. Depends on the size of the site.

The Aura Wycliff (4 stories, garage is going up and starting framing)

Trammell Crow residential (4 stories, next to Aura Wycliff and about the same stage)

Illume Phase 2 (4 stories)

GE Cedar Springs (6 stories)

Belmont Senior Living (7 stories) block over from GE Cedar Springs adjacent to Lee Park. Skys the Limit has a great areal in post number 2381 showing all The Taylor, The Belmont, 3003 Carlisle: Monaco, and The Belmont

More pics to come from over the weekend (Victory, Farmer's Market, Downtown and Uptown)

Last edited by TTU Arch; Apr 16, 2013 at 3:50 AM.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 11:44 AM

Good update...

Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 3:10 AM

Uptown / Cityplace update

JLB Cityplace (6 stories, soon to open)

Residence at Cityplace (5 Stories)

Forest City at West Village (20 Stories)

Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 5:57 PM
Ya Dig!!

Reminds me of the Sovereign in Houston.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 11:12 PM

Hall Arts Center will break ground in September...

Quote:
KPMG confirms that it’s moving to Craig Hall’s Arts District tower in downtown Dallas
By Steve Brown
stevebrown@dallasnews.com
11:47 am on April 17, 2013

International accounting firm KPMG just confirmed that it’s renting more than a third of the planned 450,000 square-foot Hall Arts Center building to be built on Flora Street in downtown Dallas.

Construction of the 16-story office tower being developed by Hall Financial Group will start in September.

KPMG will make the move to the building in mid-2015. About 1,300 of the accounting firm’s workers now housed in the KPMG Centre on Harwood Street downtown will be going to the new building.

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...ct-tower.html/

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 5:21 AM

Exclusive: Developers kick off $1.2 billion community in Collin County town of Prosper

Quote:
Developers in the Collin County town of Prosper are breaking ground for a $1.2 billion, 4,100-home project.

The Windsong Ranch community on U.S. Highway 380 west of the Dallas North Tollway will be one of the biggest new residential developments in the works in Dallas’ northern suburbs.

“We are going to be the largest development in the town of Prosper,” said developer Craig Martin, founding partner of project developer Terra Verde Group. “We are trying to build a really terrific lifestyle.

“We think it’s going to be an improvement to what’s being offered out there, and the response from the homebuilders shows it.”

The 2,030-acre project is on the north side of U.S. 380 between Teel and Gee roads.

In addition to hundreds of single-family homes, the development will include sites for townhouses, apartments, retail and commercial space.

Rather than building a centerpiece golf course, Terra Verde has planned the neighborhoods around a series of green spaces, small lakes and public spaces.

“The No. 1 amenity people want is trails and open space,” Martin said. “We have 600 acres of water, lakes, creeks and open space.”
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/r...of-prosper.ece

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 5:37 AM

Dallas-area condo and townhouse boom is outpacing single-family home sales

Quote:
Demand for condos and townhouses in North Texas is outstripping supply. These townhouses are under construction near downtown's Farmers Market.

The takeoff in Dallas-Fort Worth home sales is the biggest turnaround in the local housing market in decades.

Along with the sharp increase in purchases of single-family homes is an even steeper rise in condominium and townhouse sales.
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/r...home-sales.ece

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 5:51 AM

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 6:42 PM
BANNED

Dallas is getting better than ever.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 9:22 PM

Went for lunch and a short (too short) walk around the West Village to snap a few pics...

Forest City West Village (21 story mix-use)

Scroll>>>>>

The Allure (recently opened)

JLB Cityplace (old Mary Shields Hospital site)

Random construction, mostly around CityPlace Station
(From what I understand most of this is really temporary until more major developments take their place)

Old Posted Apr 22, 2013, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperfan23 View Post
Dallas is getting better than ever.
Well as some posters have mentioned there have not been much of any updates to whats going on in DFW. I took my first attempt on posting some pics. Jtk1519 took better ones.

Maybe between the two of us we'll get the updates, but there is a lot going on here that does not get posted. Its been a long road, but much of the investments that have got us to where we are today (starting mid-90's) have started to pay off the past couple of years.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations