HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #8221  
Old Posted Today, 6:51 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is offline
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 18,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
This poll would pre-date the shift to the left of the new NDP platform. It will be interesting to see what, if any, impact that has in coming weeks.
Hopefully the new communist platform for the NDP will be their kiss of death.......
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8222  
Old Posted Today, 6:55 PM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 15,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Hopefully the new communist platform for the NDP will be their kiss of death.......
I'm not expecting it to help them, but I'm wondering whether there is still support to be lost or whether they are approaching their natural low. I am not expecting Singh's campaign performance to give them a big boost.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8223  
Old Posted Today, 7:08 PM
whatnext whatnext is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
I have more respect for either the Greens or Tories who are at least picking a side. This "climatic emergency, let's expand the tarsands" business is something that should've been reserved for April 1st.
As I said about the cartoon, it is easier to be one one extreme or the other than try to straddle the middle. As the pool somebody quoted upthread, most Canadians are concerned about climate change, they just don't want to pay to do anything about it. Maybe Scheer's policy is more in tune with that, but it is ultimately shortsighted.

It should come as no surprise that the new Conservative climate plan is a Potemkin village of a policy, designed to give the impression of solidity to a fake, precarious construction.

That’s because Andrew Scheer is giving voters what they want: expressions of concern about climate change, without the imposition of any financial pain.

The Conservatives’ “real plan to protect the environment” fits the bill for many Canadians who say they care about climate change but are not willing to pay the equivalent of a Netflix subscription in extra taxes to fight greenhouse gas emissions (a poll for CBC this week said half of respondents would not shell out $100 a year)...


https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...no-actual-cost

Last edited by whatnext; Today at 7:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8224  
Old Posted Today, 7:20 PM
MonkeyRonin's Avatar
MonkeyRonin MonkeyRonin is offline
¥ ¥ ¥
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
New EKOS poll just released from 338Canada and it's very interesting. Perhaps the most noteworthy national revelation is that, for the first time EVER from any of the polling companies, the Greens have overtaken the NDP nationally. They have overtaken the NDP in not just BC but also AC and PQ and are withing breathing distance in Ontario. Yet more dire signs that the NDP is has lost it's raison d'etre and it's constituency made even worse by having Singh at the helm.

Great news. Here's the poll for anyone interested: https://www.ekospolitics.com/index.p...adlocked-race/

13.6% for Greens vs. 11.9% NDP.
__________________
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8225  
Old Posted Today, 7:32 PM
whatnext whatnext is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin View Post
Great news. Here's the poll for anyone interested: https://www.ekospolitics.com/index.p...adlocked-race/

13.6% for Greens vs. 11.9% NDP.
Maybe it will help that Ford just sacked Fedelli as Finance Minister.

Interesting to see the People's Party of Canada have the highest support in BC.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8226  
Old Posted Today, 8:00 PM
Hackslack Hackslack is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin View Post
Great news. Here's the poll for anyone interested: https://www.ekospolitics.com/index.p...adlocked-race/

13.6% for Greens vs. 11.9% NDP.
Very interesting... basically East vs. West. Liberals lead in the East, Cons lead in the west... but the saying goes, Canadian elections are won and lost in the east, and is pretty well over when polls close in the Ontario.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8227  
Old Posted Today, 10:15 PM
ssiguy ssiguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: White Rock BC
Posts: 6,532
Yesterday Sheer {finally} revealed his climate change "plan" and it was an embarrassing non-event. No timelines, costs, reduction targets and when asked questions about such things he came across as a complete moron. I don't mind Sheer as an individual but he looked like a jackass. He only really had 2 points..........scrap the carbon tax and pressure other countries to reduce THEIR emissions. He basically has stated that his plan is to do nothing at all. It was like holding a news conference and then making the truly shocking revelation that the sun sets in the West.

This is REALLY going to really hurt him and is a increibly stupid tactical move. This is going to cost him dearly in PQ, Ont, and the LM as well as 3 constituencies that the Tories must make inroads into...........the young, urbanites, and women. This Tory "plan" looks like it was written on the back of a napkin 5 minutes before he presented it and solidifies what most {including Tory voters} think.. that he couldn't care less about climate change and considers it a non-issue.

I have seen a lot of political ineptitudes in my day but this one really does take the cake. I am truly stunned that the Tories could make such a grave error in gauging public opinion.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8228  
Old Posted Today, 10:24 PM
acottawa acottawa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,119
Whether good or bad, Scheer’s “plan” is largely in line with public opinion.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ele...ange-1.5178514
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8229  
Old Posted Today, 10:49 PM
misher misher is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by acottawa View Post
Whether good or bad, Scheer’s “plan” is largely in line with public opinion.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ele...ange-1.5178514
I loved his strategy to focus investment in climate change technology. This is brilliant. Overall the rest of his strategy was less spectacular but in line with what you'd expect.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8230  
Old Posted Today, 10:51 PM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 15,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Maybe it will help that Ford just sacked Fedelli as Finance Minister.

Interesting to see the People's Party of Canada have the highest support in BC.
Not sure how that helps. At least not between now and the election.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8231  
Old Posted Today, 10:55 PM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 15,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
Yesterday Sheer {finally} revealed his climate change "plan" and it was an embarrassing non-event. No timelines, costs, reduction targets and when asked questions about such things he came across as a complete moron. I don't mind Sheer as an individual but he looked like a jackass. He only really had 2 points..........scrap the carbon tax and pressure other countries to reduce THEIR emissions. He basically has stated that his plan is to do nothing at all. It was like holding a news conference and then making the truly shocking revelation that the sun sets in the West.

This is REALLY going to really hurt him and is a increibly stupid tactical move. This is going to cost him dearly in PQ, Ont, and the LM as well as 3 constituencies that the Tories must make inroads into...........the young, urbanites, and women. This Tory "plan" looks like it was written on the back of a napkin 5 minutes before he presented it and solidifies what most {including Tory voters} think.. that he couldn't care less about climate change and considers it a non-issue.

I have seen a lot of political ineptitudes in my day but this one really does take the cake. I am truly stunned that the Tories could make such a grave error in gauging public opinion.
A link to "the Plan" should anyone wish to read it. I confess I've not read it yet so wouldn't express an opinion.

https://arealplan.ca/
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:44 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.