HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Today, 6:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
This poll would pre-date the shift to the left of the new NDP platform. It will be interesting to see what, if any, impact that has in coming weeks.
Hopefully the new communist platform for the NDP will be their kiss of death.......

Old Posted Today, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Hopefully the new communist platform for the NDP will be their kiss of death.......
I'm not expecting it to help them, but I'm wondering whether there is still support to be lost or whether they are approaching their natural low. I am not expecting Singh's campaign performance to give them a big boost.

Old Posted Today, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
I have more respect for either the Greens or Tories who are at least picking a side. This "climatic emergency, let's expand the tarsands" business is something that should've been reserved for April 1st.
As I said about the cartoon, it is easier to be one one extreme or the other than try to straddle the middle. As the pool somebody quoted upthread, most Canadians are concerned about climate change, they just don't want to pay to do anything about it. Maybe Scheer's policy is more in tune with that, but it is ultimately shortsighted.

It should come as no surprise that the new Conservative climate plan is a Potemkin village of a policy, designed to give the impression of solidity to a fake, precarious construction.

That’s because Andrew Scheer is giving voters what they want: expressions of concern about climate change, without the imposition of any financial pain.

The Conservatives’ “real plan to protect the environment” fits the bill for many Canadians who say they care about climate change but are not willing to pay the equivalent of a Netflix subscription in extra taxes to fight greenhouse gas emissions (a poll for CBC this week said half of respondents would not shell out $100 a year)...

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...no-actual-cost

Last edited by whatnext; Today at 7:24 PM.

Old Posted Today, 7:20 PM
¥ ¥ ¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
New EKOS poll just released from 338Canada and it's very interesting. Perhaps the most noteworthy national revelation is that, for the first time EVER from any of the polling companies, the Greens have overtaken the NDP nationally. They have overtaken the NDP in not just BC but also AC and PQ and are withing breathing distance in Ontario. Yet more dire signs that the NDP is has lost it's raison d'etre and it's constituency made even worse by having Singh at the helm.

Great news. Here's the poll for anyone interested: https://www.ekospolitics.com/index.p...adlocked-race/

13.6% for Greens vs. 11.9% NDP.

Old Posted Today, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin View Post
Great news. Here's the poll for anyone interested: https://www.ekospolitics.com/index.p...adlocked-race/

Maybe it will help that Ford just sacked Fedelli as Finance Minister.

Interesting to see the People's Party of Canada have the highest support in BC.

Old Posted Today, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin View Post

Very interesting... basically East vs. West. Liberals lead in the East, Cons lead in the west... but the saying goes, Canadian elections are won and lost in the east, and is pretty well over when polls close in the Ontario.

Old Posted Today, 10:15 PM

Yesterday Sheer {finally} revealed his climate change "plan" and it was an embarrassing non-event. No timelines, costs, reduction targets and when asked questions about such things he came across as a complete moron. I don't mind Sheer as an individual but he looked like a jackass. He only really had 2 points..........scrap the carbon tax and pressure other countries to reduce THEIR emissions. He basically has stated that his plan is to do nothing at all. It was like holding a news conference and then making the truly shocking revelation that the sun sets in the West.

This is REALLY going to really hurt him and is a increibly stupid tactical move. This is going to cost him dearly in PQ, Ont, and the LM as well as 3 constituencies that the Tories must make inroads into...........the young, urbanites, and women. This Tory "plan" looks like it was written on the back of a napkin 5 minutes before he presented it and solidifies what most {including Tory voters} think.. that he couldn't care less about climate change and considers it a non-issue.

I have seen a lot of political ineptitudes in my day but this one really does take the cake. I am truly stunned that the Tories could make such a grave error in gauging public opinion.

Old Posted Today, 10:24 PM

Whether good or bad, Scheer’s “plan” is largely in line with public opinion.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ele...ange-1.5178514

Old Posted Today, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acottawa View Post
Whether good or bad, Scheer’s “plan” is largely in line with public opinion.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ele...ange-1.5178514
I loved his strategy to focus investment in climate change technology. This is brilliant. Overall the rest of his strategy was less spectacular but in line with what you'd expect.

Old Posted Today, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Maybe it will help that Ford just sacked Fedelli as Finance Minister.

Interesting to see the People's Party of Canada have the highest support in BC.
Not sure how that helps. At least not between now and the election.

Old Posted Today, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
Yesterday Sheer {finally} revealed his climate change "plan" and it was an embarrassing non-event. No timelines, costs, reduction targets and when asked questions about such things he came across as a complete moron. I don't mind Sheer as an individual but he looked like a jackass. He only really had 2 points..........scrap the carbon tax and pressure other countries to reduce THEIR emissions. He basically has stated that his plan is to do nothing at all. It was like holding a news conference and then making the truly shocking revelation that the sun sets in the West.

This is REALLY going to really hurt him and is a increibly stupid tactical move. This is going to cost him dearly in PQ, Ont, and the LM as well as 3 constituencies that the Tories must make inroads into...........the young, urbanites, and women. This Tory "plan" looks like it was written on the back of a napkin 5 minutes before he presented it and solidifies what most {including Tory voters} think.. that he couldn't care less about climate change and considers it a non-issue.

I have seen a lot of political ineptitudes in my day but this one really does take the cake. I am truly stunned that the Tories could make such a grave error in gauging public opinion.
A link to "the Plan" should anyone wish to read it. I confess I've not read it yet so wouldn't express an opinion.

https://arealplan.ca/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada