HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Harper in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatonian View Post
Me too! "Traditional" buildings get a bad rap by critics but if they're done with quality materials, I think they can be great. IMO the Mormon building on Vine would fit in fine on Rittenhouse Square. And I think it's great on Vine because it's setting a precedent in a neighborhood that needs one.
But when are the ever done with quality materials? That's the problem. 10 Rittenhouse is a grave example. You had a renowned architect and the most prime piece of real estate and the builders STILL could not justify using quality materials. And as I've said before, this city is graced by hundreds of genuine historic buildings and when you put up a copycat with junk materials, it stands out as a fake very easily.

Getting back on topic, are the renderings in the December articles still correct? I thought that the Qdoba building on the corner was certified historic and could not be torn down. That must affect the design in one way or another. Don't get me started on why this building is even protected!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive