HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 7:12 PM

A new tower is proposed for downtown Regina and the massive structure would be the largest office building in Saskatchewan, according to the City of Regina’s planning department.

“The overall floor area is 440,000 square feet, which would make it the largest office building in the province with respect to the floor area,” said Fred Searle, manager of the city’s development review branch.

The tower would be built on the northeast corner of 12th Avenue and Rose Street. The structure would take up most of the block on the east on side of Rose Street between 11th and 12th avenues and would rise for 16 floors into the sky.

in conjuncThe project represents an investment of more than $100 million, according to Anthony Marquart, president of Regina-based Royalty Developments, which is developing the project tion with local partners Harold Rotstien and PFM Capital.
“I firmly believe that, in terms of investment and real estate opportunities, this is the greatest city in the province to be in right now,” Marquart said. “We feel very proud to be here in Regina and we’re excited to bring competition to the marketplace.”

Even with Hill Centre Tower III being built a short distance away, there is such a demand for top-tier office space in Regina that Marquart doesn’t think it will be a problem to fill another building. But the developers wanted to make their building stand out, and they are proposing three special aspects.

First, it would be the first-ever building in downtown Regina to achieve Gold certification under the Canada Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System. Second, with a floor plate larger than any other similar building in Regina, companies that would otherwise require multiple floors, can fit on one, which has business benefits. Third, the building would have four levels of underground parking, another first for Regina.
from the above article, You may be right its a massive tower

Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 9:20 PM

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 5:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
A 437,000 square foot building of this quality will be close to $200 million.
Are you sure? That is $457 a square foot. According to RSMeans, that is way above current Toronto or even New York City rates. Has construction costs in Regina gone up that much? What cost per square foot are they getting on lease rates?

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
I believe the cost was one hundred million , it will go ahead as planned
Yes --- that'll be a $200,000,000.00 tower alright!!! Furthermore, they'll also have the cash.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 2:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Yes --- that'll be a $200,000,000.00 tower alright!!! Furthermore, they'll also have the cash.
its a massive investment in the city good for them , there should be two cranes alone for this impressive tower of 16 floors

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 7:18 AM

Quote:
its a massive investment in the city good for them , there should be two cranes alone for this impressive tower of 16 floors
There will be two cranes that'll construct 1855 Rose. I remember --- as a young teenager --- that the SaskTel Building had 2 cranes atop of it during 1980-81.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2012, 4:04 AM

Not to sure how true this is i was told that someone walking by the site today noticed that some no parking signs were put up , maybe there getting ready or maybe its nothing

Old Posted Feb 1, 2012, 4:52 AM

Quote:
Not to sure how true this is i was told that someone walking by the site today noticed that some no parking signs were put up , maybe there getting ready or maybe its nothing
Can confirm this tomorrow, I work across the street from that property.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2012, 6:08 AM

Quote:
I think it is probably nothing. We lease parking stalls in that lot through Impark and Impark is going to give us one month notice minimum before anything happens.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2012, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker58 View Post
I think it is probably nothing. We lease parking stalls in that lot through Impark and Impark is going to give us one month notice minimum before anything happens.
Agreed, I looked and those signs have nothing to do with what is proposed to be built on that site (in my opinion).

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 5:56 AM

Anybody heard anything about this project lately? How will FCC II affect this development with the addition of more class A office space?

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
Anybody heard anything about this project lately? How will FCC II affect this development with the addition of more class A office space?
I was wondering the same thing, It's been a long time since we've heard anything about this development. I'm really hoping that it doesn't turn out to be another Capital Pointe.

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 10:00 PM

I thought that they were going to start on this during April. Has anyone heard of anything as-of-late?

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 10:12 PM

Isn't the same company that's doing the Crossroads expansion? Maybe they want to finish that before moving on to a much bigger project?

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
Isn't the same company that's doing the Crossroads expansion? Maybe they want to finish that before moving on to a much bigger project?
I read somewhere on here (maybe the Regina Construction thread?) that the rumour is they are still searching for an anchor tenant.

Much like condos presell, I would assume office buildings would need some guaranteed leases before work starts.

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 6:32 PM

I know royalty developements still has the project listed under future projects list, so its still going down but who knows when. You think they would be able to find an anchor tenent, maybe another resource company, vale potash or rio tinito would be ideal choices

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenskca View Post
I read somewhere on here (maybe the Regina Construction thread?) that the rumour is they are still searching for an anchor tenant.

Much like condos presell, I would assume office buildings would need some guaranteed leases before work starts.
About three weeks ago a friend of mine who parks on the lot said that one day there was a notice on everyone's windsheild indicating that by the end of the year the lot would no longer be available for parking and construction would be starting in January of next year. That is a ways off so I assume a lot of things need to fall into place first but it seems to still be a go based off of that.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 11:21 PM

Thanks for the great news!! Its better that a project get planned properly and all the details released b4 anything actually happenes, would hate to see another captial point. But this is great news, that this project is still steaming ahead

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 8:00 AM
ARTchitecture

Wtf is going on with this beast?

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2012, 2:20 AM

so this one aint approved yet?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan