HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Closed Thread

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 6:01 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by liat91 View Post
Duly noted, but the the realization of what you say is the product of and arbiter of destructive practices mostly based in the past. If your living in a neighborhood that 5 generations of your family have lived in that is homogeneous to this day then it’s a matter of circumstance. What your implying is racial engineering that has caused an amplitude of crimes against humanity for over a century. Now immigrant ghettos would be understandable for poor groups coming in to a new nation for survival and day to day ease of life. People doing it because of the melanin content of epithelial layers of organic external sheathing is something else. Communities based on economic resource can also be a somewhat benign reality.

What you say could easily be expanded to the segregation of the following “tribes”; height, Intelligence, eye color, athleticism, disability, physical abnormality. Your walking a dangerous line. Hitler thought this way.
First, I don't appreciate being compared to Hitler for simply pointing out that human beings are tribal, I'm not even fully WASP myself and have Jewish heritage ironically. This is my problem with modern leftists, anyone who slightly ventures towards conservatism becomes Hitler all of the sudden.

It's true that "racial engineering" has lead to a lot of horrible things, but this is in no way shape or form unique to the USA, it's global and all throughout history.

Second, certain demographics of people do indeed commit more crime, it's more than physical appearance (i.e. melanin), why would someone want to live among that? It doesn't mean you're against anyone on a personal level it just means you look out for yourself and yours. These naive modern Liberals never like the other side of the story. I'm saying this as politely as I possibly can.

I'd note that I'm not even saying tribalism is a good thing, I'm just saying it's human nature (i.e. not always good). I'm also saying there are other reasons aside from appearance that one population may not want to coexists with another.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 6:10 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post

Second, certain demographics of people do indeed commit more crime, it's more than physical appearance (i.e. melanin), why would someone want to live among that? It doesn't mean you're against anyone on a personal level it just means you look out for yourself and yours. These naive modern Liberals never like the other side of the story. I'm saying this as politely as I possibly can.
Most African-Americans (i.e. the vast majority of them that aren't involved in crime) don't want to live in that type of environment either.

Which explains why they've been bailing out of troubled cities like Detroit by the tends of thousands for the past couple of decades.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 6:25 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Most African-Americans (i.e. the vast majority of them that aren't involved in crime) don't want to live in that type of environment either.

Which explains why they've been bailing out of troubled cities like Detroit by the tends of thousands for the past couple of decades.
I was never trying to imply that they did, but yes you're correct.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 6:33 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
I was never trying to imply that they did, but yes you're correct.
I know. I was trying to reinforce your point.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 7:20 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
First, I don't appreciate being compared to Hitler for simply pointing out that human beings are tribal, I'm not even fully WASP myself and have Jewish heritage ironically. This is my problem with modern leftists, anyone who slightly ventures towards conservatism becomes Hitler all of the sudden.

It's true that "racial engineering" has lead to a lot of horrible things, but this is in no way shape or form unique to the USA, it's global and all throughout history.

I'd note that I'm not even saying tribalism is a good thing, I'm just saying it's human nature (i.e. not always good). I'm also saying there are other reasons aside from appearance that one population may not want to coexists with another.
I have long said that even if we were to build the most harmonious, colour-blind rainbow nation you could imagine, eventually people would still find a way to divide themselves.

You already have that in all sorts of places. For example where I live the language you primarily speak is a far more important determinant of in-group status than one's skin colour.

In tons of countries people are of the exact same ethnic ancestry and skin colour, speak the same language but they kill each over religious differences.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 7:41 PM

Quote:

Why is Detroit always your example? you're obsessed.

They're bailing out of Chicago, they're bailing out of New York, they're bailing out of Baltimore, etc. etc. etc.

It's also much more complex than that, lots of AA families are forced out due to foreclosures and landlords who neglect their properties even when they don't want to leave.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 7:52 PM

Cleveland was the first major city to elect a black mayor, Carl Stokes, in 1966. I believe the city was around 35% Black at that time. He won basically all the black vote and maybe 20% of the white vote. At that time WASPs and Jews had already left the city, and the white population was working class white ethnic Catholic. Cleveland (proper) was already described as "a city without Jews" in 1962. However lots of Jewish and WASP liberals from Shaker Heights etc. supported his campaign.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 7:52 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
Why is Detroit always your example? you're obsessed.

If you look at my posting history, you'll see there is absolutely no evidence of that.

But regardless, it is the poster child for urban decline and and white flight among big U.S. cities.

Not my fault.

(I actually find the place very interesting.)

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 7:53 PM

Detroit had something like a 95% decline in its white population since 1950.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 7:59 PM

Quote:

It’s obvious that your string of posts are a bit more than just pointing out innate human behavior. You repeatedly state that it’s “understandable” followed up by skewed statistics to validate your point. Your not fooling anyone.

You sugarcoat just like a liberal. I suppose an attractive female walking around in a mini skirt has a higher chance of being raped, so blame her for provoking the act. You can spin anything, but what you can’t do is seriously believe people will buy it.

I live in a conservative town with a lot of people like you and have not been afraid to strike down similar mantra, along with others who have grown spines. Same people live here, but the town now has a democratic mayor and 50/50 council. Wasn’t easy as many are A types and upper middle class, but the deed is done.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 8:54 PM
Selfie-stick vendor

Inquisitive Canadians please read this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fre.../amp/512977001

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 9:04 PM
Selfie-stick vendor

I guess time will tell if mike Duggan is a Belisarius or a Diocletian

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 9:05 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
It’s obvious that your string of posts are a bit more than just pointing out innate human behavior. You repeatedly state that it’s “understandable” followed up by skewed statistics to validate your point. Your not fooling anyone.
Well that's pretty judgmental, and yea it is "understandable" that people wouldn't want to live in high crime neighborhoods, I'm speaking from personal experience too. Which statistics are "skewed"?

Quote:
You sugarcoat just like a liberal. I suppose an attractive female walking around in a mini skirt has a higher chance of being raped, so blame her for provoking the act. You can spin anything, but what you can’t do is seriously believe people will buy it.
What does that have to do with what we're talking about? And no I wouldn't think the woman should be blamed for that.

Quote:
I live in a conservative town with a lot of people like you and have not been afraid to strike down similar mantra, along with others who have grown spines. Same people live here, but the town now has a democratic mayor and 50/50 council. Wasn’t easy as many are A types and upper middle class, but the deed is done.
A lot of people like me? What does that even mean? I'm not even that conservative, I'm just not a radical leftist.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 9:06 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
I know. I was trying to reinforce your point.
Yea figured, just making sure though, thanks

Quote:
I have long said that even if we were to build the most harmonious, colour-blind rainbow nation you could imagine, eventually people would still find a way to divide themselves.

You already have that in all sorts of places. For example where I live the language you primarily speak is a far more important determinant of in-group status than one's skin colour.

In tons of countries people are of the exact same ethnic ancestry and skin colour, speak the same language but they kill each over religious differences.
Right, a lot of people need to hate someone else and will find whatever reason to do so. I don't think that'll ever change unfortunately.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 9:22 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
A lot of people like me? What does that even mean? I'm not even that conservative, I'm just not a radical leftist.
Anyone who isn't a reactionary like them = conservative.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
One of the reasons why white flight was so dramatic and quick was due to the Great Migration being as well. If blacks moving to northern cities would have happened over a longer span then whites may have not fled just as quickly. The whites saw this "onslaught" of blacks into their cities as nothing short of an invasion as if a plague was descending upon their city so they packed up their bags and fled. For many white urbanites they really did believe they were running for their lives.
I think it's a mistake to act like the Great Migration just happened on its own though. The reason for it basically boiled down to the U.S. slamming the door on mass migration from Europe in the 1920s. This meant there was no new low-wage labor force being brought into the U.S. any longer for unskilled labor in rapidly growing factories. In a lot of areas, local population growth wasn't even high enough to keep pace to employment growth. The only place to look for new labor was within the U.S. for the most part - and this mostly meant looking to the South, either recruiting poor blacks (the Great Migration) or poor Appalachian whites (the Hillbilly Highway).

White people were already highly racist/intolerant of living in integrated communities by that time though. Years back I read this amazing history book called Sundown Towns. The author went through the history of black people in the north between the Civil War and around 1920. In the early years, northerners were highly racially tolerant, and black people moved all over the north, with small populations throughout small towns across the country. But as the 19th century wore on, white people became much more racist and intolerant of integrated communities, to the point that armed mobs chased black families out of the many small towns they had lived in. Northern blacks ended up retreating into segregated neighborhoods in the larger northern cities basically for mutual defense (the same reason Chinatowns sprung up originally) which formed the core that the much larger black influx beginning with the Great Migration built upon.

Regardless, if the U.S. never put in place the immigration restrictions it did in the 1920s, the black population in the north would have remained much smaller, and white flight would have been very limited.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Well that's pretty judgmental, and yea it is "understandable" that people wouldn't want to live in high crime neighborhoods, I'm speaking from personal experience too. Which statistics are "skewed"?

What does that have to do with what we're talking about? And no I wouldn't think the woman should be blamed for that.

You heard it folks, not believing in yet another reason to disparage blacks is radical leftism. Or are we just talking about “high crime areas”. Leaving 40+ million out of the conversation. Wait, I think the mention of tribalism and comfort around your own kind has been conveniently forgotten.

Understandable people wouldn’t want to live in high crime areas? I thought this was about tribalism. There are millions of “white” people or tribe or however you see it, that have no problem living around non whites and vice versa. Your on the wrong side of history buddy, this country will be majority minority in our lifetimes.

Once the USA is no longer majority white, that will be the end of white control of a superpower, which will in effect, trickle down across the planet. China’s just salivating for this eventuality. Africa will be a third of the world within this century, coupled with India, black and brown (not even counting Muslims and newly browned USA) will dominate the planet.

In that reality, high crime areas, tribes, black people, rap music are hilarious tropes to be laughed at. That road is set and if you think people will forget tribe talking, “high crime” area phobic (cough, don’t like black neighborhoods, cough) will be remembered.

Not being afraid to offend and asking for forgiveness later is a luxury that has maybe a decade left at most. Enjoy it.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 3:09 AM
Selfie-stick vendor

You sound like a nice person to be around

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 3:17 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
You heard it folks, not believing in yet another reason to disparage blacks is radical leftism. Or are we just talking about “high crime areas”. Leaving 40+ million out of the conversation. Wait, I think the mention of tribalism and comfort around your own kind has been conveniently forgotten.

Understandable people wouldn’t want to live in high crime areas? I thought this was about tribalism. There are millions of “white” people or tribe or however you see it, that have no problem living around non whites and vice versa. Your on the wrong side of history buddy, this country will be majority minority in our lifetimes.
It's both about tribalism and not wanting to live in crime filled areas which are obviously populated by certain demographics, and yes, you sound like a radical leftist.

Quote:
Once the USA is no longer majority white, that will be the end of white control of a superpower, which will in effect, trickle down across the planet. China’s just salivating for this eventuality. Africa will be a third of the world within this century, coupled with India, black and brown (not even counting Muslims and newly browned USA) will dominate the planet.

In that reality, high crime areas, tribes, black people, rap music are hilarious tropes to be laughed at. That road is set and if you think people will forget tribe talking, “high crime” area phobic (cough, don’t like black neighborhoods, cough) will be remembered.

Not being afraid to offend and asking for forgiveness later is a luxury that has maybe a decade left at most. Enjoy it.
Why would China care? And I highly doubt any of the other stuff considering whites are already a minority globally and are doing just fine, and even running the show in places where they're the minority (like much of Latin America for instance).

I'm not afraid to offend anyone, nor do I need your forgiveness, I speak my mind and what I'm saying shouldn't offend you.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 3:20 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
You sound like a nice person to be around
I guess his signature warns you, lol.

I shouldn't drag myself down to his level but I got really angry at being made out to be a bigot simply for stating a fact and an observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Anyone who isn't a reactionary like them = conservative.
Right, it's super frustrating. These people have ruined liberalism for me, which is sad.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions