HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 4, 2008, 9:09 PM

DUBAI | Mohammed Bin Rashed Gardens | NEVER BUILT

New Mega Project for Dubai

DUBAI Mohammed Bin Rashed Gardens

Gardens launch Mohammed bin Rashid largest project of its kind, taking into account environmental conservation and protection. From: Walid crossbar.

Apr 11, 2008 - 05:15 --

Dubai / gardens Mohammed bin Rashid / launch: Walid crossbar

Dubai April 11 / mother / launched His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai pastors of God's new project in a unique initiative was the announcement of the implementation of project / gardens Mohammed bin Rashid / Kadkhm project of its kind, sensitive preservation and protection of the environment and increasing green areas in the State's Dubai Real Estate member of Dubai Holding.

His Highness was briefed on the project Mjsm huge presence of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Deputy Ruler of Dubai and His Excellency Mohammed Abdullah Al Gargawi Minister for Cabinet Affairs HE Working Misbah Rashid Fattan Director of the Office of His Highness Vice-President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai along with a number of officials.

As a witness of His Highness and attendance presentation of the components of the project development of civilization, showing an HH satisfaction for its project from the innovative ideas will make it unique in terms of its objectives and the engineering designs and features and edifices educational, humanitarian, historical, which will represent the axis of the project.

He said His Excellency Mohammed Abdullah Al Gargawi Executive Chairman of Dubai Holding that the project reflects the vision of newborn His Highness Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai on creating a clean environment free of any pollutants sake of the health of His Highness and promising future generations of citizens and the protection of our environment and preservation of this reflected in the decision to establish the former HH green buildings are environmentally friendly and contribute to the legalization of energy use and protect our natural resources from waste.

He added that what distinguishes Ma'aleh / gardens Mohammed bin Rashid / is a vast green areas and focus on the educational and research by universities, colleges and institutes specialized in addition to the humanitarian aspects, historical and cultural rights.

The presentation was attended by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum and his companions detailed explanation of Mlkonat departments and the project and the most important architectural features and natural, tourist, recreational, educational and historical.

And that the project is focused on increasing the amount of green areas, where up to 73 per cent of the total area of the project amounting to 880 million square feet / Eight hundred and eighty million square feet / and the total value of up to two hundred billion dirhams It consists of four homes called I / House of Wisdom / includes between concentration role of the translation and central library and gardens of knowledge and the headquarters of international organizations and memorial innovation and global universities and colleges of history and the sciences in addition to the mosque Whole mosque Mohammed Bin Rashid.

The House is the second / Beit humanitarian / incorporates buildings and the headquarters of the House tender Foundation Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Humanitarian Services, UNICEF and the Museum and the Museum of Civilization highlighted humanitarian and charitable bodies.

And / Nature House / house is one of the basic project, which consists of a large family parks and gardens and integrated world and scientific laboratories specializing in the environment, colleges and institutes specializing in science and nature hotels and recreational clubs sublime and a zoo will be one of the largest parks and gardens of flowers and receipt of hospitals and alternative medicine / herbs /.

In / Trade House / House IV of the project contains buildings and towers and centers for agents trademarks and higher institutes in science banking, financial and insurance companies and major international companies, banks, Islamic banks and global.

Has shown His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum satisfaction of the scheme and the distinctive cultural components of the project and its objectives, which focus on the environmental aspect, so that the pilot project at the global level because it covers the largest area of land green.

For his part, Mr. Hashim Dubl Executive Chairman of the Dubai real estate company at the beginning guidance and blessing of His Highness the Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai contact with the concerned authorities in Dubai to coordinate among themselves to the preparation and processing infrastructure for the project which will be a milestone of modern HE UAE The nucleus of environmental protection projects and future .. The project will be implemented in six stages.

April 13th, 2008 Another big one for dubai,project launched last friday and cost DHS200 bn

mour info at: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=605596

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=153876
end here is my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/people/henrikkarlskoga/

Old Posted Aug 4, 2008, 9:36 PM
Dryer lint inspector

as awesome as this is, it's seems like it way too big of a project even for cash rich ambitious dubai to take on. this is nearly 1/4 dubai's built up area and that kind of growth needs to occur naturally, organically, not through some masterplan.

but it does look great and coruscantish and one of the towers looks like FLW's mile-high illinois

Old Posted Aug 4, 2008, 9:37 PM
low life in a tall place

That's just completely crazy! Renderings are from 2007 though, so how new is this exactly?

Old Posted Aug 4, 2008, 9:50 PM
Ascension

Oh my stars and garters.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2008, 9:51 PM
Look at me!

Absolutely stunning! This is the stuff of legends!

Old Posted Aug 4, 2008, 10:08 PM
World Machine

Very ambitious. I like the fact that this project gives Dubai more lowrise buildings and less cookie cutter residentials. Makes more for a city. I do think however think that the funding needed for this project is more than the pockets of Dubai are deep. If they can pull though then wonderful.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2008, 11:21 PM

This is out of control. I cant imagine how this would be possibly be financed. Perhaps if it was government run, and private developers could buy plots within the master plan if they agree to conform to some strict zoning guidelines making the thousands of individually financed peices fit together. I'd love to see it happen because it is quite beautiful, but this appears to be pure fantasy and not a real proposal.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest View Post
This is out of control. I cant imagine how this would be possibly be financed. Perhaps if it was government run, and private developers could buy plots within the master plan if they agree to conform to some strict zoning guidelines making the thousands of individually financed peices fit together. I'd love to see it happen because it is quite beautiful, but this appears to be pure fantasy and not a real proposal.
That's how they mostly develop large projects in Dubai anyway - a government-backed mega-developer puts in the basic infrastructure and works on a few centerpiece properties while they sell the rest of the sites to other companies that must adhere to developer-set guidelines. It's an interesting take on zoning, which is privately set as opposed to community and government established zoning in, say, the United States. But then again it's easier to make your own zoning when the top stakeholder in your company is the friggin' king and instead ov developing in a community, you're building stuff in the middle of the desert.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2008, 12:37 AM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

I'm moving this to the general development section

Old Posted Aug 5, 2008, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest View Post
The ruler of Dubai announced this project himself so it can never be a fantasy !

Old Posted Aug 5, 2008, 5:38 AM
Hala Wal'la

Yes i was about to say the same thing , The shiekh attended the opening of some A-Lister party in Dubai and he announced the project ...

This project is as real as it gets and by far my best Dubai Project

Yum

Old Posted Aug 5, 2008, 7:03 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

I'd love to own 3 or 4 condos in Dubai. They're at a pretty reasonable prize and I would get to live all over the place. Plus it would make seeing everything a little better since traffic wouldn't be too much of a problem.

I like this project. It's very ambitious.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2008, 4:09 PM

I wish they connected one of the Gardens canals to the Arabian Canal. This way you could travel actoss a waterway all the way fron the Creek to the Waterfront.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2008, 5:07 PM

^^ There are three canals proposed so far one is the extension of business bay, the other one is the extension of this project and the third is the arabian canal so don't be surprised if they were all connected !

Old Posted Aug 5, 2008, 5:09 PM

It is an incredible development but I have one question.

That looks like housing for at least 200,000 to 400,000 additional people on top of the hundreds of thousand of other units currently under construction. Where are you going to find enough people to pay for all this property. Those units have to be very expensive. I don't think the average UAE citizen can afford to own three or four of these luxury condos spread around town and we all know these aren't being built for the city's exploited foreign workers. There are a finite number of international millionaires who want a condo in Dubai they have to be close to reaching a saturation point in this market.

-Galileo Galilei

Old Posted Aug 5, 2008, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smussuw View Post
^^ There are three canals proposed so far one is the extension of business bay, the other one is the extension of this project and the third is the arabian canal so don't be surprised if they were all connected !
Hell, nothing in Dubai surprises me anymore. Just when I was trying to wrap my head around the size of Downtown Burj Dubai, Business Bay and the Lagoons - bam - this project somes out and tops them all by a long shot. By the way, doesn't this project pretty much take place of Godolphin River City?

Speaking of the Arabian Canal, I'm excited to see how they will come through with the hills they said they'll make out of the excavated earth.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2008, 7:11 PM
Architecture student

Great project. One of the most magnificent ever I think.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2008, 7:17 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecom View Post
Hell, nothing in Dubai surprises me anymore. Just when I was trying to wrap my head around the size of Downtown Burj Dubai, Business Bay and the Lagoons - bam - this project somes out and tops them all by a long shot. By the way, doesn't this project pretty much take place of Godolphin River City?

Speaking of the Arabian Canal, I'm excited to see how they will come through with the hills they said they'll make out of the excavated earth.
I really doubt all this will get built.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2008, 12:53 AM
Ω

This would take at least 50 years. and billions upon billions

Old Posted Aug 6, 2008, 1:26 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

This one is particularly futuristic:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive