HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

View Poll Results: What should be done to the WTC?
Keep building the current plan. 34 47.89%
Build the Twin Towers II. 28 39.44%
Other. 9 12.68%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 4:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTowersForever View Post
Its a poll on a news site. The comments on the petition on the TTA say it all. And thats just one petition there were alot more I just dont know where they are on the net. Oh and this pic doesnt lie either

From the same newspaper that came up with this:

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 4:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CudaAhBuda_NYC View Post
What's done at the site could be used to continue the Twin Towers II. Just because you see steel high up where the Freedom Tower is doesn't mean anything, it could be converted to WTC 5 for the Twin Towers II.
No it can't, why do you guys keep saying that?

You're talking about integrating a reinforced concrete and steel base, along with 24 60 feet, 70 ton steel beams, and about eighty feet of steel cage into an office building? Do you think that will appease viewers? The building already has an outline, and you're actually willing to go deep into the ground and dig that up? That's the part of the site plan that I don't get the most. The Freedom Tower is going up, no matter what you think.

Why don't you try telling the Luxembourg factories, who spent hundreds of man hours milling and fabricating the steel. They just put up a Manitowoc with an 118 foot long boom, so I guess that qualifies as nothing.

Like I said before, Larry Silverstein and the PA aren't going to turn back, especially with these points, and you keep thinking these companies have money to spend. Have you even been reading all the impasses stated in the posts above?

Let me ask you this, in a sense of the site, not towers, not compromise, but in the post 9/11 era. Are you(the construction managers) actually willing to walk on that site, and take down a building for something ''better''?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 4:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecom View Post
From the same newspaper that came up with this:

and? Do we all also recall that the Twin Towers II would be built off the original footprints?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 4:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theWatusi View Post
Ya know if you really dont like this plan or thread there's other threads you can go post on instead of being a jerk to everyone here

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 4:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStyles View Post
No it can't, why do you guys keep saying that?

You're talking about integrating a reinforced concrete and steel base, along with 24 60 feet, 70 ton steel beams, and about eighty feet of steel cage into an office building? Do you think that will appease viewers? The building already has an outline, and you're actually willing to go deep into the ground and dig that up? That's the part of the site plan that I don't get the most. The Freedom Tower is going up, no matter what you think.

Why don't you try telling the Luxembourg factories, who spent hundreds of man hours milling and fabricating the steel. They just put up a Manitowoc with an 118 foot long boom, so I guess that qualifies as nothing.

Like I said before, Larry Silverstein and the PA aren't going to turn back, especially with these points, and you keep thinking these companies have money to spend. Have you even been reading all the impasses stated in the posts above?

Let me ask you this, in a sense of the site, not towers, not compromise, but in the post 9/11 era. Are you(the construction managers) actually willing to walk on that site, and take down a building for something ''better''?
What are youuuuu talking about. I didnt say nothin about diggin up, I don't know why you assumed that all I said was continue from were they left off w/ the Freedom Tower foundation and build WTC 5. That's what I meant when I say convert into WTC 5.

Last edited by CudaAhBuda_NYC; Aug 20, 2009 at 4:56 AM.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 4:53 AM

Quote:
and? Do we all also recall that the Twin Towers II would be built off the original footprints?
Where exactly on the site? Specifics, please. An image or two, relating to the current situation, would help.

Your argument is infantile, vague, and plain wrong. If you disagree, please back up your statements with specific points - exact location of the new towers relating to the current site buildout, structural system of the buildings, financing strategies, etc. I challenge you.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Where exactly on the site? Specifics, please. An image or two, relating to the current situation, would help.

Your argument is infantile, vague, and plain wrong. If you disagree, please back up your statements with specific points - exact location of the new towers relating to the current site buildout, structural system of the buildings, financing strategies, etc. I challenge you.
Jesus im not the architect himself. I know there is a financial plan. The new twins are offset from the original footprints therefore the memorial is not in the way. I'll post a link to the site plan

http://www.wtc2011.com/Site_Plan.pdf

and it will be built with a higher grade steel and there will be a new thing in the design described by the architect himself in this video

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KEWTt5vuits&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KEWTt5vuits&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:15 AM

Quote:

Jesus im not the architect himself. I know there is a financial plan. The new twins are offset from the original footprints therefore the memorial is not in the way. I'll post a link to the site plan

and it will be built with a higher grade steel and there will be a new thing in the design described by the architect himself in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEWTt5vuits

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:18 AM

and if you still dont get it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8kAkjqOwIE

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:23 AM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Quote:

In that plan WTC 1, 2, and 3 sit directly atop either PATH or MTA tunnels and there appears to be no thought as to how building over those functions is addressed and also no thought as to how to integrate transit into the plan. In my eyes there are four totally forgettable lowrises dwarfed by second rate replicas of not-that-agreeable buildings in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTowersForever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEWTt5vuits
The real 1 World Trade Center is being built of the highest grade steel and is structurally redundant many times over. It will be likely the strongest skyscraper in the world beyond a seismic region.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M II A II R II K View Post
Try having it built somewhere else in Manhattan, and perhaps give it a different color, a nice gold perhaps, or gold plated stripes would work also.
But, but, it's not the same...

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:30 AM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Quote:
and if you still dont get it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8kAkjqOwIE
The developer spoke as if he had no knowledge of architecture or engineering. Period. That he addressed safety concerns by simply saying 'there are more stairwells and there are fireproof elevators and there is heavier steel' doesn't actually solve any of the important design problems a project of this undertaking would face. In fact, the addition of these super-modern breakthroughs actually pose much greater problems in their application to a 43 year old design than anything else. And at the end of the day, there is no creativity or vision in this project.

Architecture is an easy field for a real architect to get his ego carried away with, I will concede that. But architects are highly trained and skilled professionals. A grassroots proposal such as this is honourable in its intent, but it fails in actually accomplishing anything because honestly nobody knows what they're talking about. The TTA saying their product is superior to the real WTC is like an herbologist that tells you to take his remedies to cure your cancer instead of go to a licensed, professional doctor.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:31 AM

The real 1 World Trade Center is being built of the highest grade steel and is structurally redundant many times over. It will be likely the strongest skyscraper in the world beyond a seismic region.[/QUOTE]

The only [I]real[I] 1 World Trade Center is the North Tower. the Freedom Tower will be nothing more than a 1776 ft high grave marker designed by a polish guy. Pathetic Pataki couldnt get a real american architect to do this.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:33 AM

"The real 1 World Trade Center is being built of the highest grade steel and is structurally redundant many times over. It will be likely the strongest skyscraper in the world beyond a seismic region."

The only real 1 World Trade Center is the North Tower. the Freedom Tower will be nothing more than a 1776 ft high grave marker designed by a polish guy. Pathetic Pataki couldnt get a real American architect to do this.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:34 AM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Quote:

The only [I]real[I] 1 World Trade Center is the North Tower. the Freedom Tower will be nothing more than a 1776 ft high grave marker designed by a polish guy. Pathetic Pataki couldnt get a real american architect to do this.
Okayyyy.....so it is actually a fake 1 WTC that has billions of dollars worth of investment behind and that I see is a hundred plus feet above the ground?

Also, this fake 1 WTC is being designed by David Childs, who was born in New Jersey, and the architect of your 'real' 1 WTC, Minoru Yamasaki, was Japanese.

I have a question: are you crazy?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:35 AM

There is a function called the "edit" button, TwinTowersForever.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGII View Post
The developer spoke as if he had no knowledge of architecture or engineering. Period. That he addressed safety concerns by simply saying 'there are more stairwells and there are fireproof elevators and there is heavier steel' doesn't actually solve any of the important design problems a project of this undertaking would face. In fact, the addition of these super-modern breakthroughs actually pose much greater problems in their application to a 43 year old design than anything else. And at the end of the day, there is no creativity or vision in this project.

Architecture is an easy field for a real architect to get his ego carried away with, I will concede that. But architects are highly trained and skilled professionals. A grassroots proposal such as this is honourable in its intent, but it fails in actually accomplishing anything because honestly nobody knows what they're talking about. The TTA saying their product is superior to the real WTC is like an herbologist that tells you to take his remedies to cure your cancer instead of go to a licensed, professional doctor.

He has like three or four minutes to give the viewers basic info. He's not going to explain every detail right there. and the main architect of the Twin Towers II was Herb Belton who was the junior architect at Emery Roth & Sons on the original World Trade Center site.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
There is a function called the "edit" button, TwinTowersForever.
I know im doing a alot at once so I messed up the quote

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:38 AM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Quote:
He has like three or four minutes to give the viewers basic info. He's not going to explain every detail right there.
Okay, great. But we asked for specific, hard evidence to support your claims and that Today Show segment is insufficient in supplying any answers.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 5:39 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

So why did that idiot get an interview in the news? These rebuildthefreedomtowersgroup groups need to stay in their small blogs and bitch about the Freedom Tower for 15 more years until everyone forgets about them.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects