HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Jan 8, 2013, 9:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robg View Post
Yes its a Coleman's, one of the managers was telling me it will have a liquorstore and all in it.

That location makes much more sense then their original one they were gonna propose

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
It's suppose to be the biggest development even proposed for Atlantic Canada I believe.
The entire development is the largest, but not the commercial aspect.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 12:47 PM

From what I remember there are two commercial areas, with a large one being placed along the Pitts Memorial access and a smaller commercial area along the trans canada access.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 3:24 PM

This city needs more Starbucks locations! I remember going into the one on Stavanger Drive when it opened and was told that many more are going to be popping up in the city soon. Anyone know anything about more potential Starbucks locations? The west end and center city really need one! I've become addicted.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 3:28 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Chai latte, please.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Murphy View Post
This city needs more Starbucks locations! I remember going into the one on Stavanger Drive when it opened and was told that many more are going to be popping up in the city soon. Anyone know anything about more potential Starbucks locations? The west end and center city really need one! I've become addicted.
my partner used to work for them last year and there are suppose to be one in mount pearl and topsial road opening up in the spring/summer of this year.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.I.L. View Post
my partner used to work for them last year and there are suppose to be one in mount pearl and topsial road opening up in the spring/summer of this year.
Awesome...thanks! I was really hoping for one on Topsail Road somewhere.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 5:04 PM

I hope a few more second cups open up! .. I personally prefer them to starbucks, more different types of drinks than the coffee flavour in most starbucks drinks .. and they make my chai latte perfectly!

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddy1989 View Post
I hope a few more second cups open up! .. I personally prefer them to starbucks, more different types of drinks than the coffee flavour in most starbucks drinks .. and they make my chai latte perfectly!
Whatever happened to the Second Cup location that was supposed to go downtown on the corner of Adelaide and Water? Did that fall through afterwards?

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the restaurant thread.... oh well, here's fine, I guess.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by statbass View Post
Whatever happened to the Second Cup location that was supposed to go downtown on the corner of Adelaide and Water? Did that fall through afterwards?

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the restaurant thread.... oh well, here's fine, I guess.
I'd love for it to go downtown! closer to moi

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 6:07 PM

Yeah i recall walking past that renovated building on Adelaide and Water St. last year and they had an artist rendering of the building in the window with a Second Cup storefront on it. They seem to have totally rebuilt that building from the inside out so should be interesting to see what eventually goes there.

Quote:

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 6:09 PM

I would love for that to open up soon as its right next door to my work!

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 8:26 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

I don't drink coffee, but for Calgary forumer Rusty van Reddick, who visited here last Summer, downtown has no shortage of great coffee. And this guy is the biggest coffee fan you'll find anywhere.

In this blog post he mentions Rocket, Post, and Fixed with very high praise.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddy1989 View Post
I don't really like second cup I find they always burn the espresso beans and put way too many flavor shots in your drink. Nothing beats a grande triple vanilla latte from starbucks. Except maybe beer.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2013, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher_chafe View Post
That location makes much more sense then their original one they were gonna propose
Hoping for Colemans, their stores are great! and local.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2013, 3:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
I don't drink coffee, but for Calgary forumer Rusty van Reddick, who visited here last Summer, downtown has no shortage of great coffee. And this guy is the biggest coffee fan you'll find anywhere.

In this blog post he mentions Rocket, Post, and Fixed with very high praise.
I've heard many say that Rocket has the best cappuccino. I've had their cappuccino but it isn't a drink I usually get so I don't have much to compare it too.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2013, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
I've heard many say that Rocket has the best cappuccino. I've had their cappuccino but it isn't a drink I usually get so I don't have much to compare it too.
I haven't had a cappuccino down there but they make great lattes. Rocket all around is nothing short of amazing.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2013, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
I haven't had a cappuccino down there but they make great lattes. Rocket all around is nothing short of amazing.
With the exception of their prices.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 2:10 PM

I was looking around thescope.ca website and there is some talk about what restaurants will be going up by the new Empire Theatres. An individual by the name of, "Q" (who seems to be a very trusted source) identified that Milestones and another Starbucks and Subway will be setting up shop there. I find it a bit odd that Starbucks (and even Subway for that matter) would set up there given there are other locations nearby. Come to think of it, there are two Starbucks locations very close to each other on Kenmount... hmmm, interesting!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 2:17 PM

Quote:
I was looking around thescope.ca website and there is some talk about what restaurants will be going up by the new Empire Theatres. An individual by the name of, "Q" (who seems to be a very trusted source) identified that Milestones and another Starbucks and Subway will be setting up shop there. I find it a bit odd that Starbucks (and even Subway for that matter) would set up there given there are other locations nearby. Come to think of it, there are two Starbucks locations very close to each other on Kenmount... hmmm, interesting!
There are many Tim Hortons locations that are located very close to each other .. also those starbucks you mentioned .. and Two Subways on Water street, so it's not impossible, although I would love to see more variety

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's