HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 7:58 PM

^lol, seriously though. How do you post from there? I copy the url and put it into [IMG] brackets, and still nothing. Photobucket is garbage too

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_Tungsten View Post
^lol, seriously though. How do you post from there? I copy the url and put it into [IMG] brackets, and still nothing. Photobucket is garbage too
I found this video to be very helpful.

https://youtu.be/eYD5uP8g7aQ

If you are trying to post using a mobile device open your photos in desktop. Your link should end with .jpg

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 8:57 PM
Urbane observer

Imgur has worked well for me.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 11:45 PM

New construction building permit issued yesterday for the parking lot on the SW corner of Laflin and Monroe across from Skinner Park. In total, 4 stories and 51 units with 51 parking spaces (garage parking). This is directly adjacent north of another building on Laflin with 52 units. Up a block and around the corner on Madison (and Laflin) is going another building with 32 units and retail on a vacant lot.

Always good to see vacant lots disappear in these areas (even if some of the architecture like this one is not great).

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 11:13 AM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_Tungsten View Post
It's much easier to do from an actual computer rather than a phone. If you click on Share, you have tabbed options for format, and one of the formats it gives you is BBCode. From that you can cut and paste the whole BBCode text. Easy as pie.
[/SIZE]

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 2:46 PM

Why is this forum so old looking like something from 2006, it runs really poorly for me. I don't think it has been updated since I started using it in 2008 or so. On another forum I'm on it's really fast and runs great, you can drag and drop photos from your desktop into the post directly.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 8:21 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronvonellis View Post
Why is this forum so old looking like something from 2006, it runs really poorly for me. I don't think it has been updated since I started using it in 2008 or so. On another forum I'm on it's really fast and runs great, you can drag and drop photos from your desktop into the post directly.
It's a long story, Baronvonellis. Well, essentially it comes down to the fact that the founder(s) of this site basically divested themselves of it quite a while back, and SSP truly is a relic of a past generation of software. Even I, as a long-time moderator, really don't know if and when the software is ever going to be upgraded.

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 1:34 AM

Can't we migrate the site somewhere else? would be nice to have something mobile friendly.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 1:52 AM

July zoning applications of note that aren't high rise (see that one in the high rise thread):

* 3450 N Broadway (Broadway & Cornelia). Treasure Island store with a big front parking lot. We've seen this already along with the rendering, but here's some stats:
82 feet tall (8 stories), 246 units with 107 parking spaces and 129 bicycle spaces. 8880 sq ft of commercial space
https://www.google.com/maps/place/34...!4d-87.6457179

* 4738-50 N Winthrop (Winthrop & just south of Lawrence around the corner from Lawrence Red Line stop): Current parking lot with proposal for new 4 story (60.5 feet) building with 84 residential units and 39 parking spaces. Developer is FLATS/Cedar Street. Architect is Level.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/47...!4d-87.6577536

* 5356 N Sheridan (Sheridan & Balmoral): Currently where Wing Hoe restaurant is and a nice old 2 story building that houses it. Proposal to tear it down and build a new 4 story (52 feet) building with 50 residential units and 21 parking spaces
https://www.google.com/maps/place/53...!4d-87.6553766

* 1162 N Milwaukee (Milwaukee & Haddon): Current vacant lot with proposal for new 4 story (52 feet) building with 14 units, ground floor commercial, and 0 parking spaces. Near the Division Blue Line Stop.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/11...!4d-87.6659492

* 6746-58 West North Avenue (North & Oak Park Ave): Current parking lot with proposal for new 4 story (59 feet 11 inches) building with 30 units and all indooor parking.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/67...329!4d-87.7942

* 6929-61 S. Kenwood (Kenwood & 70th St): Current vacant lot with proposal to build a new community center and artist work space. This is via Theaster Gates and Rebuild Foundation and near to their other projects. It will contain 6406 square feet of commercial space and have 0 parking spaces at it is near the Stony Island Metra stop
https://www.google.com/maps/place/69...!4d-87.5922376

* 933-37 N Orleans (Orleans & ~ Walton): Current parking lot with proposal to build a new 4 story (52 feet 11 inches) building with 9 residential units and 5 parking spaces. Only putting this here because it's gobbling up surface lot in the former Cabrini Green area near a few other developments
https://www.google.com/maps/place/93...9934!4d-87.637

* Hope Manor in Englewood expanding by proposing 5 new buildings all on currently vacant land with 14 total units. Mostly on the 5900-6000 block of South Green but also on 6100 block of South Sangamon

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 2:17 PM
BANNED

^ Thanks for sharing. So much building. 800 W Lake in the highrise thread is a beauty. What a boom and what a time to be alive!

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 2:32 PM

Hopefully that Milwaukee Ave proposal does right by its corner location and does something interesting. No parking is nice, that’s a small lot.

Great to see more infill up on Lawrence.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinChi View Post
Can't we migrate the site somewhere else? would be nice to have something mobile friendly.
The Chicago forumers here could of course migrate to a new or different forum but migrating all the existing data to another forum is unlikely since the people who could do that are all MIA. It would be a lot of work to set up and the Chicago forumers here would pretty much all need to agree to move there.

As this forum continues to get more and more outdated we may some day be motivated enough to pull the trigger.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kngkyle View Post
The Chicago forumers here could of course migrate to a new or different forum but migrating all the existing data to another forum is unlikely since the people who could do that are all MIA. It would be a lot of work to set up and the Chicago forumers here would pretty much all need to agree to move there.

As this forum continues to get more and more outdated we may some day be motivated enough to pull the trigger.
Skyrise Cities - it's Canadian also ;-)

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 11:59 PM

Bennett Park

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 1:06 AM

Tribune Tower rehab

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 2:47 AM

Bikeway

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 1:25 PM

Although I would have preferred another 800ft+ skyscraper next to OBP, that park looks good. I hope the neighborhood enjoys it.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 2:26 PM
Windy City Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCorsair87 View Post
Although I would have preferred another 800ft+ skyscraper next to OBP, that park looks good. I hope the neighborhood enjoys it.
There's a parking garage adjacent to OBP that's ripe for redevelopment, so you may yet get your wish.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2019, 1:54 PM

444 W Orkeans

Old Posted Jul 28, 2019, 2:06 PM
The City

I was at Navy Pier yesterday with some out of town guests.

Not only was it jam packed, but I was impressed with how much less tacky it appears since the renovation. It will always be a tourist trap, but it’s definitely more tasteful now.

I think that the hotel going up there will do very well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development