HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 9:23 PM

LOS ANGELES | Glass Tower | HEIGHT | 23 FLOORS

After years of delays and redesigns, the long-awaited Glass Tower will finally break ground at 11th and Grand in South Park during the early part of 2008. We contacted developer Amir Kalantari of Kalantari Group who confirmed the project is nearly ready to move forward.

The most recent reports suggested Kalantari had set his sights on an early January kick-off, but he now says, “Our ground breaking schedule has been pushed back beyond January 2008. The slight delay will be used to study the secondary financing market and finalize our firm’s financing decisions for the project. The scope of the project remains the same.”

Another reliable, but separate, source close to the project confirms this information.

The sleek 23-story tower designed by De Stefano + Partners will contain 128 luxury condominiums and 5,600 square-feet of ground-level retail. The development will replace a surface parking lot on the northeast corner of 11th and Grand in the South Park district, catty-corner to the new South Group towers.

Rendering 1

Rendering 2

Glass Tower Construction Sign

If someone has new informations or corrections let me know

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 9:30 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

LosAngeles, I corrected the title of the thread. It should be Glass Tower, which is the name of the development. Also, you need to quote your sources for the story (I presume the Downtown News) and your photos. Thems the rules.

As for updated info, we're well past the "early" part of 2008, so don't hold your breath on this one starting anytime soon. Unless, of course, you can hold your breath for a very, very long time.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jun 9, 2008, 10:53 AM

Sorry Colemonkee and thank you.
And i got the pics from Google...
(seriously)
Anyway we have to be real i agree with you the "early 2008" is over and i hope construction will start in the next 1 or 2 years

Last edited by LosAngeles; Jun 9, 2008 at 4:54 PM.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2008, 10:58 AM

This thread is supposed to be exclusively about the Glass Tower.

Updates like that should be posted in the L.A. thread in the City Compilations forum or in the L.A. forum itself.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2008, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M II A II R II K View Post
This thread is supposed to be exclusively about the Glass Tower.

Updates like that should be posted in the L.A. thread in the City Compilations forum or in the L.A. forum itself.
True, but then why are there threads about other projects like Concerto, Ritz-Carlton, 717 Ninth, and Hanover?

Anyways, argue about that with Westsidelife; he seems to think that that is the way it should be.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2008, 5:03 PM

This project was scheduled to break ground 3-4 years ago. If it couldn't break ground in the good economic times I don't see why it would break ground anytime soon.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive