HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Jun 18, 2014, 4:10 AM
Editor

I feel for you. Mini Surreal has been free of ailments so far (knock on wood). I went though some of those kinds of things with the older kids when they were little.....I still remember those long nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Well a rough weekend for my kids health wise just got a lot worse.

Middletime got a fever on Friday night/Saturday, Tylenol took care of it and she was good on Sunday. However on Sunday Littletime got the fever, and by yesterday she was complaining and rubbing her feet. Then she started getting little red dots all over her body. Pediatrician on the street took a look at her and she has hand, foot and mouth virus. Nothing you can do but tough it out, she barely slept last night and Middletime's fever came right back too.

So the wife and I are going on about two hours of sleep, one daughter with a fever and the other with the fever and that virus and aside from Tylenol there is nothing we can do to ease the pain of it.

It is heartbreaking...

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 1:33 AM
Editor

Kirby with my camera by Surrealplaces, on Flickr

Son, that's called a skyline....something you'll take lots of pics of when you get older

Kirby does a skyline shoot by Surrealplaces, on Flickr

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 2:22 AM

Figured I'd mention it since last time it took everyone by surprise, but my wife and I are expecting our second child in March. Will be a busy time for our family, her sister is also expecting and due only 2 weeks earlier than she is.

Live or work in the Beltline? Check out the Official Beltline web site here

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 2:58 AM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersar View Post
Figured I'd mention it since last time it took everyone by surprise, but my wife and I are expecting our second child in March. Will be a busy time for our family, her sister is also expecting and due only 2 weeks earlier than she is.
Congrats J!

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 1:48 PM
of Canada

Waaaaaaa. Tomorrow we leave with our youngest Mini rwin to take her to her new life at the U of R. And a couple of days later our oldest Mini rwin is back to St. John's. It's been over 19 years since it was just two of us. I am wondering what that'll be like.
All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us? NOTHING!

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWin View Post
Waaaaaaa. Tomorrow we leave with our youngest Mini rwin to take her to her new life at the U of R. And a couple of days later our oldest Mini rwin is back to St. John's. It's been over 19 years since it was just two of us. I am wondering what that'll be like.
Glorious?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 10:55 PM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
Congratulations mersar!

My daughter Aoife started kindergarten this week (they start early in China!)

Old Posted Mar 6, 2016, 6:14 AM

Quote:
And for the sake of bumping a thread by replying to my own post, my wife had a little baby girl on Friday afternoon.

Live or work in the Beltline? Check out the Official Beltline web site here

Old Posted Mar 6, 2016, 5:37 PM

Quote:
And for the sake of bumping a thread by replying to my own post, my wife had a little baby girl on Friday afternoon.
Congrats!

Old Posted Mar 7, 2016, 3:09 PM
of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlingdave88 View Post
Glorious?
With 7 months of hindsight now, yes and no. I can't spend 18 year with someone without having some feelings about it. Sad for me. Excited for her.

And the latest... Our oldest has decided to become a permanent resident of St. John's.
All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us? NOTHING!

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chemist View Post
Congratulations mersar!

My daughter Aoife started kindergarten this week (they start early in China!)
Adorable in pink!

Really cool to see other Dads taking their children to school! Having lived in Japan, where fathers are somewhat detached from family life, I am pleasantly surprised to see fathers in China taking an active role in their children's lives!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation