HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 12, 2004, 1:51 AM

Well I am on the mailing and call list for One Museum Park. I got a call today from the sales center saying that they had gotten my online registration, and the person calling remembered me from when I went to the sales center last week. They said that they should have more information on the building sometime in February. As soon as I find out more, I will certainly post it.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2004, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan
p.s., i ain't trying to steal your thunder, victor, i just thought that this info also belonged in this thread as well
no problem, I meant to post it here also.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2004, 9:37 PM
devout Pizzatarian

jaroslaw posted the following info about one museum park in the chicago boom rundown thread. if it's true that they are only planning for a 60 story tower, that's kinda disappointing..... oh well, it'll still be crazy tall for that part of town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroslaw
I just checked my email:

Currently, we are anticipating an early February 2005 release
date. At this point, I have the following information available.

One Museum Park will be located on the Southwest corner of Roosevelt & Columbus Drive. This premiere, contemporary building will offer unobstructed views of Grant Park, the city skyline &
the lakefront.

This building will be 60 stories tall. Offering one, two& three bedroom units, plus penthouses.

The one bedrooms will range from 960 s.f. - 1000 s.f. $400,000 - $450,000
The two bedrooms will range from 1425 s.f. - 1550 s.f. $565,000 - $700,000
The three bedrooms will range from 2050 s.f - 2900 s.f. $790,000 - $1,800,000
The penthouses will be 5252 s.f. $3,900,000 - $4,100,000

This information is subject to change at anytime.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2004, 9:46 PM

Now, let's hope for an important floor to floor height.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2004, 11:22 PM

After I read Jaroslaw's post in the Boom Rundown I decided to call Pappageorge/Haymes. I was told that the project is still being reviewed by the city and that nothing has been finalized. The gentleman that I spoke with told me that the building would probably end up being between 60-65 stories.

I told him that it was a very interesting design and that I hoped they could go as high as possible. He said that he hoped so as well.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2004, 7:06 PM

NEWS FLASH . . .

Acording to the Chicago Journal, One Museum Park is the first of FOUR 65 story towers on Roosevelt.

SEE IT NOW - The design of One Museum Park will be unveile TONIGHT - December 9, 2004 in the conference center of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Building (300 E. Randolph) at 6:30 PM at the Grant Park Advisory Council meeting.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2004, 7:09 PM

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN ONE MUSEUM PARK AND THE CENTRAL STATION DEVELOPMENT

I sent an email to the City of Chicago Planning Department about 3 weeks ago, and I just got a response. Here is the correspondance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Whom It May Concern,

My name is Butler Adams, and I am an architectural student at the Illinois Institute of Technology. I was inquiring about certain
approved and proposed skyscrapers for Chicago.

1. One Museum Park is a proposed skyscraper at Central Station
(Roosevelt Road & Metra/IC Tracks). It is proposed to be about 74-
stories. I was wondering what the status of this development was. I
certainly hope that it gets approved. It would make a fantastic
addition to out skyline, and it would be the cornerstone for the Grant

Park south wall. Do you have any information on this proposed
building?

Hope to hear from you,

Butler Adams
Architecture
Student

THE REPLY

Thank you for your interest in the Central Station Development site. This project is in the Department of Planning for approval; however, we are still reviewing the project. There is a community meeting on this site December 9, 2004 at 337 E. Randolf at 6:30 p.m. Hope to see you there.

I cannot attend. I'm have finals at school, and I don't have the time. If anyone on this forum can attend and get information, it would be excellent. I'm sorry that I can't go.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2004, 7:18 PM

^Hey Woodrow,

It looks like we had the same idea

If you go, take notes and a digital camera if you have one to take shots of whatever is unveiled.

Or anyone who attends take a camera.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2004, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow
Acording to the Chicago Journal, One Museum Park is the first of FOUR 65 story towers on Roosevelt.
Come again?

Old Posted Dec 9, 2004, 8:02 PM

^BVictor -

great minds . etc . . .

Chi-Town - I might have jumped the gun. The sub-heading of the Chicago Journal article states "65 story towers planned for Grant Park's unfinished South Wall," but as I read the article again it says
" . . . Roosevelt between Columbus Boulevard and Michigan Avenue is about to be reshaped with four skyscrapers that would complete the framing of Grant Park. The centerpiece - and the first building to be constructed - would be a 65-story, ultramodern high-rise at Columbus and Roosevelt, . . . "
So the article doesn't say all 65 story. stupid headline writer

Old Posted Dec 9, 2004, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Chi-Town - I might have jumped the gun. The sub-heading of the Chicago Journal article states "65 story towers planned for Grant Park's unfinished South Wall," but as I read the article again it says
" . . . Roosevelt between Columbus Boulevard and Michigan Avenue is about to be reshaped with four skyscrapers that would complete the framing of Grant Park. The centerpiece - and the first building to be constructed - would be a 65-story, ultramodern high-rise at Columbus and Roosevelt, . . . "
So the article doesn't say all 65 story. stupid headline writer
A development of four (identical ?) 65-story towers wouldn't have the best impact on the skyline anyway.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2004, 10:04 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
NEWS FLASH . . .

SEE IT NOW - The design of One Museum Park will be unveile TONIGHT - December 9, 2004 in the conference center of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Building (300 E. Randolph) at 6:30 PM at the Grant Park Advisory Council meeting.
and i thought we weren't goign to get any new info on this one until february? oh well.........

someone from the forum should definitely head over there tonight. i'd go, but i am at work all the way up here in evanston. i suppose i could leave work a little early.......... we'll see.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2004, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan
and i thought we weren't goign to get any new info on this one until february? oh well.........
You almost seem disappointed

Quote:
The centerpiece - and the first building to be constructed - would be a 65-story, ultramodern high-rise at Columbus and Roosevelt, . . . "
This sentence just keeps echoing in my head.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2004, 3:43 AM
"The World is my Oyster"

About the meeting

Fellows,

I'm happy to let you know that I attended the "Grant Park Advisory Council meeting" this evening, and I have some really good and exciting news.

There were people representing the city of Chicago, The Park District, the Central Station Development and the Enterprise Company. The main speaker was the man in charge of the Chicago Park District, and before he introduced the developers of Central Station...he talked for a few minutes about the expansion of the beautification in Grant Park, south of Millenium. Speaking of which, he talked about the success that Millenium Park has been for Chicago, and then he went on to explain, how they're adding a skate board park & a doggie park , towards Roosevelt Ave. He also explained how the city and the developers are trying to bring retail and restaurants to the area, to make it a vibrant addition to the city.

The best news I heard coming from the Park District, is that they're finalizing a project on the drawing board, to cover the rail road tracks that are still exposed, south of Congress Parkway. I used to live in 1130 S. Michigan last year on the 19th floor, and although I had a wonderful view of the lake, Grant Park and the Field Museum... I was horrified to see those ugly tracks below my building.

Ok, now lets talk about the issue at hand. The second part of the meeting was a presentation given by the developers of Central Station, in which they announced the construction of One Museum Park. This will be the first one of 4 high-rises on the south wall of the park.
It'll be located in the corner of Roosevelt and Columbus and It will be the tallest of the 4 structures with 65 storeys, and with a height of 720ft. It'll be mainly steel and glass, but they're still deciding what color the glass will be. The building will be resting on a podium shared by another 520ft tall building. Unlike many other residential buildings built in Chicago in the last few years. This podium wont be for parking, it'll be used for condominium space.

They also mentioned that they're still working on the designs of the other 3 buildings, and they already have their heights. 520', 520' and 620'. I got some of this information on my own after the meeting was over and I got to talk to some of the architects of PAPPAGEORGE/HAYMES Ltd. which is the firm who designed the first building.

The second tallest building will be designed by another firm, since they want all 4 buildings to be different, and it'll be located in the opposite corner, on Michigan and Roosevelt. This high-rise will have retail, condos and a hotel. However they don't have any retail commitments yet.
Sales for the One Museum Park will start next month and I got a business card from one of the developers and he agreed to keep me updated in the development of the project.

I just want to add that Mayor Daley has been a huge supporter of this project from the very start, and everything points in the right direction so far. I know 65 storeys is not as good as 75, but it is certainly higher than anything we expected...plus I think the design is very nice.

Here are some pics. Enjoy!

Old Posted Dec 10, 2004, 3:49 AM
"The World is my Oyster"

By the way, that is the final design for the 1st building

Old Posted Dec 10, 2004, 4:02 AM

OH FUCKING SHIT YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nuts:

720'?? I just fucking came.

Great work Marvel 33, thank you.!!

It's great to have some solid numbers. These will be some soaring buildings, creating a new focal point for the Chicago skyline; especially for the South Loop.

Last edited by BVictor1; Dec 10, 2004 at 4:18 AM.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2004, 4:18 AM
The True Avatar

Wow! This is going to be a very impressive development. I really love the design of the first tower too!

Old Posted Dec 10, 2004, 4:20 AM

Hey Marvel, it think that you should post this information in the Boom Rundown Thread also.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2004, 4:24 AM
"The World is my Oyster"

I sure will,

Thanks

Old Posted Dec 10, 2004, 4:29 AM

Marvel 33, I have a question for you:

How did other people in the room seem to receive this tower?

Was there any obvious disapproval? Any NIMBY whining?

Just in general what was the attitude of folks?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive