HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 7:00 PM

Maybe I take it for granted, but I remember being a kid and being taught by my parents and teachers that I shouldn't litter as if throwing things into a garbage bin was a new idea.

By contrast, general society's abhorrence to litter had believing this wasn't a pressing issue... atleast not compared to other large cities.

Because the wind blows it all away

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I participated in the downtown clean-up event this spring. There was very little trash to pick up. Like almost nothing. We had to go into private parking lots and such to find trash.

Maybe it was due to the whiteout parties. But we were nowhere near that. The streets had be swept yes. But even back lanes didn't have much trash in the area we were cleaning. It was actually quite a nice surprise.

At home, there was a lot of trash blowing around before the streets were swept. Since then and I've raked the yard, there is almost nothing. We have a fenced yard which catches everything too.
Yeah, funny we've never heard again from the guy who invented this thread with the rather hysterical title, based on what he called "anecdotal" information.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 9:03 PM

If there's something to be upset (or confused) about here, it's why all the SHED-style light posts that have garbage bins attached to one side, and were build for recycling on the other, don't have the recycling bin. It's not like we don't already have recycling bins all over the place. Would be better off having no garbage at all.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan