HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 6:47 AM

I agree with you all that Tim's is a disgrace. They keep lowering quality and making worse versions. The new chicken sandwich is unbelievably bad. Who the F comes up with something like that?!?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
I thought you wrote "I've never dranken Tim Hortons again" and for a moment I was like "omg! Another Thunder Bayer!"

Their Beyond Burger was the worst thing I ever boughtten.
Well I did end up at an afterhours speakeasy in T-Bay during a visit to the Grain Terminals in the early 80's. Does that count?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
I agree with you all that Tim's is a disgrace. They keep lowering quality and making worse versions. The new chicken sandwich is unbelievably bad. Who the F comes up with something like that?!?
I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.

I stopped at timmy's to get a dark roast this morning. Only product I buy there semi regular. Just for shits and giggle a bought that chicken sandwich with bacon. Good gawd...What are they doing.....it was absolutely abysmal. Small...no flavor and as Mr creosote would say, the bacon was wafer thin.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star View Post

I stopped at timmy's to get a dark roast this morning. Only product I buy there semi regular. Just for shits and giggle a bought that chicken sandwich with bacon. Good gawd...What are they doing.....it was absolutely abysmal. Small...no flavor and as Mr creosote would say, the bacon was wafer thin.
I had the worst bagel I have ever had at a Timmy’s in Windsor Ontario. I had a ridiculously sore throat that made it really painful to swallow and yet still the awful taste came through. The bacon was soggy, the cheese was nasty, and the bun was half frozen.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 5:33 PM

I decided to have a beyond burger for lunch after reading the last posts in this thread. It’s the first time I try plant-based meat and I thought the “meat” itself was good. The issue was with the rest of the burger, extremely bland and the buns were borderline cold.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 12:07 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
I tried that Beyond Burger at Tim hortons last week. The first food i have bought from this hellhole in 5 years.

I just wanted to see what all the hype was about. What a POS sandwich.

I mean really...corporate didn't try this sandwich before they put it on sale. Dry with no taste.

I now know what 80 grit sandpaper tastes like lol.
But what was the temperature? Did they cook it or was it uncooked? The only other Beyond Meat burger I've tried is A&W's, they don't put their seasoning on it so its pretty bland too. Pretty much the only reason to go to A&W is their seasoning salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevanford1 View Post
Last time I set foot in a Tim Hortons was last week when I was driving home from Hamilton and really had to take a piss. Didn’t order anything. Last time I ordered something there was a year ago.
I set foot in so many Southern Ontario Tims Horton to take pisses. I usually bought something though, I feel it's untoward to use a washroom without paying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Well I did end up at an afterhours speakeasy in T-Bay during a visit to the Grain Terminals in the early 80's. Does that count?
Sure!

Quote:

I got the chicken sandwich a few weeks ago, within an hour I was shitting it out. I knew that it was that sandwich because it was the first time I'd eaten lettuce in about 5 or 6 days, and after that long it wouldn't still be green.

The only thing I get from Tims at this point is raisin bran muffins (which are the worst you can buy), hash brown and iced cap, and they're all inferior to what other companies sell. The only reason I go there is it's the closest one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
I decided to have a beyond burger for lunch after reading the last posts in this thread. It’s the first time I try plant-based meat and I thought the “meat” itself was good. The issue was with the rest of the burger, extremely bland and the buns were borderline cold.
They don't cook them!! I bet they all get made in a factory, bread and all, and they're just pulling them out of boxes in the fridge because it seemed like the mayo was absorbed by the bread much more than it had reason to be.

Tim Hortons is a lot like Donald Trump in that every time you think you've seen the worst of it, it outdoes itself.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:
But what was the temperature? Did they cook it or was it uncooked? The only other Beyond Meat burger I've tried is A&W's, they don't put their seasoning on it so its pretty bland too. Pretty much the only reason to go to A&W is their seasoning salt.

I set foot in so many Southern Ontario Tims Horton to take pisses. I usually bought something though, I feel it's untoward to use a washroom without paying.

Sure!

I got the chicken sandwich a few weeks ago, within an hour I was shitting it out. I knew that it was that sandwich because it was the first time I'd eaten lettuce in about 5 or 6 days, and after that long it wouldn't still be green.

The only thing I get from Tims at this point is raisin bran muffins (which are the worst you can buy), hash brown and iced cap, and they're all inferior to what other companies sell. The only reason I go there is it's the closest one.

They don't cook them!! I bet they all get made in a factory, bread and all, and they're just pulling them out of boxes in the fridge because it seemed like the mayo was absorbed by the bread much more than it had reason to be.

Tim Hortons is a lot like Donald Trump in that every time you think you've seen the worst of it, it outdoes itself.

Chicken was lukewarm and just not good lol. I mean....really. No one has taste buds who tests this shit in production.

Beyond burger they need to rename it the beyond digestion burger lol.

This is odd because i'm not a fast food eater at all. July 31 I had popeyes in edmonton parsons road. 30 min later i was at a job and i could not stand up. It was horrible.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 1:05 AM
I am a typical

Fast food is horrible. I eat it all the time and regret it, it's an addiction really. I need help!

I wish fast food restaurants served good food. Especially for breakfast. I'd like to see Tim Hortons carry a nice Red River Cereal with medley of berries or something.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 1:55 AM

Quote:
Fast food is horrible. I eat it all the time and regret it, it's an addiction really. I need help!

I wish fast food restaurants served good food. Especially for breakfast. I'd like to see Tim Hortons carry a nice Red River Cereal with medley of berries or something.

Oatmeal and berries is not bad.......

Last edited by Black Star; Aug 17, 2019 at 3:20 PM.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 2:51 AM

Quote:

I know Vid.....its hit and miss bro.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 5:53 AM

Quote:

A and W man. So good.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper316 View Post
A and W man. So good.

Double teen...no mayo easy mustard and ketchup.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 7:15 PM

Quote:
I enter Tim's to take pisses whenever convenient and needed, and though I also generally share your basic principle about paying, I never feel I have to buy anything in these cases, logic being that Tim Horton's has already sold me crap in the past that was SO overpriced for its shittiness that free unlimited bathroom use slightly moves the needle towards an overall even deal for me.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Except that it's almost impossible that while ~60% of Canada share this thread's opinion about Tim Horton's being awful, the other ~40% actually find it's doing a good job. Have they no idea of what normal quality food's supposed to taste like?!?

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
I decided to have a beyond burger for lunch after reading the last posts in this thread.
It's really ironic that the effect of this thread (last few pages) has been be to INCREASE Tim's revenue.

(However temporarily.)

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 9:37 PM
Midtowner since 2K

A few weeks ago, when I visited my grandmother, she was excited to show me the new chicken sandwich.....I knew it was a POS as I saw it advertised weeks before, and tried to have her buy something else. Seeing as she was insistent, she bought me a chicken burger....and well, it tasted bland and the lettuce kept falling out, they gave me a lot....flimsy lettuce too, nothing that I ever see EXCEPT from Tims.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 10:15 PM
I am a typical

Burger King usually serves rotten lettuce on their food.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 10:24 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Fast food is horrible.
The fast food in Thunder Bay?

There are good fast food joints - just have to know where to find them.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 11:43 PM
Midtowner since 2K

Quote:
Burger King usually serves rotten lettuce on their food.
I can't be surprised there...that's one of those fast food joints I don't eat in ever anywho.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 11:45 PM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
The fast food in Thunder Bay?

There are good fast food joints - just have to know where to find them.
Actually, yeah. Mucho Burrito and Nandos are awesome. Not sure if you guys consider them fast food but they're food and it was fast. Thunder Bay just doesn't have much choice. The best fast food here is only from local restaurants, not chains. Still pretty high in sodium and saturated fats though, at least the things I buy. Two servings of Mughlai chicken is a nutritional disaster compared to the half ounce of duck and boiled greens you get at a sit down restaurant for $30. We have a local place called Burger Barn that's basically Harveys but the toppings are put on in the kitchen, and the buns are home made regularly through the day so they're always fresh.

You guys down east also have some crappy fast food too though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
I can't be surprised there...that's one of those fast food joints I don't eat in ever anywho.
I used to go occasionally for their two-for-$5 chicken sandwiches, but they started to get really lax on hygiene and food quality—like, really lax—and I haven't been back in years. Last time I went was a farewell lunch with a friend of mine before he went to UK for contract work, because that's what gays do when they're saying goodbye for a year.

I know it's really embarrassing to say this publicly, but I actually kind of like Arby's.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada