HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 11:03 PM

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txex06 View Post
This news is SO EXCITING!!!!
It's San Antonio's "second Riverwalk"

Old Posted May 5, 2018, 9:19 PM
James

May 5th, 2018

Old Posted May 5, 2018, 10:43 PM

Nice pics Jaga!! Beautiful! Can't wait for the illumination ceremony tonight!

Thank you for that

Old Posted May 5, 2018, 11:56 PM

Really cool! Great for DT! Keep the pics coming, I can't make it down there.

Old Posted May 6, 2018, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
Nice pics Jaga!! Beautiful! Can't wait for the illumination ceremony tonight!

Thank you for that
Please take pics of the ceremony

Old Posted May 6, 2018, 9:58 AM

Old Posted May 6, 2018, 4:58 PM

We went to the lighting ceremony last night and it was the first time I saw the improvements up close (I've been watching from afar from a nearby office building). I'm really shocked at how good it was, I was critical of the original design because it looked somewhat Disney like and I was happy when it was redesigned to be more nature-ly. But honestly, it looks way better than the renderings (usually not the case). The art is what really knocks this thing out of the park. I would even say that it is on par with the High Line, it could use a little more interesting landscaping but the art is way better.

Everyone needs to go down to see this ASAP, especially with the beautiful weather we've been having. I just hope that some cool structures pop up around it faster than what happened with the museum reach. One thing I was pretty surprised by was that the Frost Tower garage backs up to the river. The pictures above are cool from a distance but when you get to the base of that property it feels disconnected from the linear park. I'm extremely excited about the Alameda Theater redevelopment, it looks fantastic already and they haven't even finished it yet (they had a sign for that being phase 1.2).

Old Posted May 6, 2018, 9:54 PM

This linear park is absolutely beautiful.
It is what this area and downtown needed. IMO, this will just continue to revitalize downtown, just the way the San Antonio Riverwalk did when it opened decades ago.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 4:29 AM

It truly looks spectacular, cant wait to visit! I also look forward to see all the mixes used developments that will shortly follow.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 4:36 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Awesome pictures.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 5:36 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by theOGalexd View Post
dtsa mavic 3 (1 of 1) by alexdskates210, on Flickr
dtsa mavic 4 (1 of 1) by alexdskates210, on Flickr
dtsa mavic 5 (1 of 1) by alexdskates210, on Flickr
dtsa mavic 2 (1 of 1) by alexdskates210, on Flickr
dtsa mavic 1 (1 of 1) by alexdskates210, on Flickr

As promised, some drone shots I took tonight. Can't wait to see this thing finished.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1404

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1405

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 5:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2008 View Post
We went to the lighting ceremony last night and it was the first time I saw the improvements up close (I've been watching from afar from a nearby office building). I'm really shocked at how good it was, I was critical of the original design because it looked somewhat Disney like and I was happy when it was redesigned to be more nature-ly. But honestly, it looks way better than the renderings (usually not the case). The art is what really knocks this thing out of the park. I would even say that it is on par with the High Line, it could use a little more interesting landscaping but the art is way better.

Everyone needs to go down to see this ASAP, especially with the beautiful weather we've been having. I just hope that some cool structures pop up around it faster than what happened with the museum reach. One thing I was pretty surprised by was that the Frost Tower garage backs up to the river. The pictures above are cool from a distance but when you get to the base of that property it feels disconnected from the linear park. I'm extremely excited about the Alameda Theater redevelopment, it looks fantastic already and they haven't even finished it yet (they had a sign for that being phase 1.2).
I agree. We walked along it on Sunday morning and it turned out really well. Certainly better than the original black light inspired design. The art work is great and the little details like the side panels on the bridges are nice. There is one section of sidewalk that goes over the water with no handrails that feels narrow. I think the landscaping is fine, it needs time to get established; there is a nice variety of trees.

It does look like the Frost site is just next to the creek, no real interaction. We'll see how it turn outs. It could surprise.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 3:06 PM
JACKinBeantown

I like it! It's old school semi-dangerous.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 2:01 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
I agree. We walked along it on Sunday morning and it turned out really well. Certainly better than the original black light inspired design. The art work is great and the little details like the side panels on the bridges are nice. There is one section of sidewalk that goes over the water with no handrails that feels narrow. I think the landscaping is fine, it needs time to get established; there is a nice variety of trees.

It does look like the Frost site is just next to the creek, no real interaction. We'll see how it turn outs. It could surprise.
I'd prefer the tower portion be along the creek instead of the garage, but in Frost's defense, the section of garage facing Camaron St/the creek will be retail space. So, that's something at least.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
I'd prefer the tower portion be along the creek instead of the garage, but in Frost's defense, the section of garage facing Camaron St/the creek will be retail space. So, that's something at least.
Don't forget that Retail will also line Houston St.

Image from Rivard Report

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 6:16 PM

we took the kids over there after the spaghetti dinner at San Francesco di Paola and they really loved it. it was a nice and relaxing vibe.

Old Posted May 11, 2018, 3:24 PM

Aerial View of San Pedro Creek from Frost Tower

I had an opportunity to take a hard hat tour of the Frost Bank Tower today,
5-11-2018, and snapped a few images of the new SPC. They're not the best images, but the view looking West is incredible. I'll be posting a few images on the Frost page as well. It's a totally different experience being up on top and getting a first hand glimpse of the actual construction.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Nov 7, 2018, 6:50 PM

I went to the San Pedro creek yesterday (11/6/18) and it looks like they're starting work on phase 2 of the project next to the Alameda theater. Here are a few snapshots

Old Posted Nov 8, 2018, 5:10 AM

I thought they started months ago

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio