HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Oct 10, 2008, 6:40 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

page 176 - http://www.sanantonio.gov/historic/docs/HDRC_AGENDA.pdf

finally looks like it will get HDRC approval...

there were some interesting renderings i hadn't seen before, including a top-down view of the property...

Old Posted Feb 8, 2009, 7:02 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

I noticed there's now an information sign with a rendering of the 7 story condo building. The design looks the same as the rendering posted in this thread for the most part.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2009, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
I noticed there's now an information sign with a rendering of the 7 story condo building. The design looks the same as the rendering posted in this thread for the most part.
That's not our property - it's on the site catty-corner from ours (at the NW intersection of Broadway & Grayson. Our site is not for sale.

Chad.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2009, 5:20 PM

Chad,
I saw the 1800 got final approval from the HDRC late in Jan. Is there a scheduled date to start construction on the site?
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Old Posted Feb 10, 2009, 6:19 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadpcarey View Post
That's not our property - it's on the site catty-corner from ours (at the NW intersection of Broadway & Grayson. Our site is not for sale.

Chad.
I wasn't saying any property is for sale. I was just saying there's a sign at that vacant lot across from Valero now. Sorry for the confusion.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2009, 8:55 PM

Quote:

Chad.
Google street view shows a paint store there. Is it still there?

Old Posted Feb 10, 2009, 9:57 PM

Nope, thats been demo'd for a while. Was fenced off but now its just a lot waiting to be filled.
cake and keep it, too.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2009, 10:14 PM

Awesome, its sometimes tough to tell exactly how old those street views are.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaht82 View Post
Chad,
I saw the 1800 got final approval from the HDRC late in Jan. Is there a scheduled date to start construction on the site?
Not right now. Financing for new construction (of any type) is practically non-existant. We're looking at several different solutions, but that's about it for the moment. We've continued to pursue our approvals, and the project is practically ready to pull a permit. Cross your fingers that things improve!

Old Posted Feb 10, 2009, 10:20 PM
Bears of antiquity

Top-line credit is available again, but I suppose that's credit toward operations and massive development schemes like the WTC.

Give it about 3-6 months.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2011, 9:11 PM

I've been looking for some news on this project and nothing. Anyone have any news?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2011, 7:48 PM

Funny you should ask, on the HDRC Agenda next week this project is seeking approval to revisions to the design of the project, hopefully this means it's one step closer to reality

Old Posted Aug 12, 2011, 11:00 PM

I wonder if this has any connection????

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/downtow...dential-space/

Northside investor wants to impact downtown with fresh commercial, residential space
Posted on 07/26/2011 by Benjamin Olivo

Quote:
The other of McManus’ recently-purchased properties are a residential project just north of downtown, which he wasn’t prepared to reveal, and the Family Dollar at 1031 S. St. Mary’s St. Until this year, McManus said he tried to buy downtown property before, but the price was never right.
cake and keep it, too.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 2:08 AM

I wonder if Chad P Carey and Regent are still connected to this project. I know Chad's restaurant The Monterey on S. St. Mary's is blowing up, and the food is awesome.

Flickr Blog Site

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 2:16 AM

Wow, thanks necropolis. I like the old design better but thats not bad either.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 3:18 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

I like the new design more than the older one.

Great news!

That area is going to be so different in a couple of years with all the residential units going up!

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 4:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boquillas View Post
I wonder if Chad P Carey and Regent are still connected to this project. I know Chad's restaurant The Monterey on S. St. Mary's is blowing up, and the food is awesome.
Not quite sure.... last I heard (and this was probably at least a year ago,) he still was.

I was just trying to put the pieces together to what this "project" (the one in the article) was. Some research put McManus together with a "San Pedro Place" so for the last few weeks, I thought he had bought the site of the old demo'd O'Krents, but for all I know, he could've just been talking about a 16 unit residential project anywhere north of DT, or SPP has nothing to do with this "project", or he could be involved with all of them..... .
cake and keep it, too.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2011, 1:54 AM
Endless Moments...

I like it. Would be kewl if there was retail at the bottom, but this will do wanders for the area. another residential project. The whole area will look and feel different in a few years. Going be one of the most dense parts of the city. I like it. Keep it up...

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2011, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boquillas View Post
Hey guys! It's been totally un-fun over the last 3 years (you may have heard something about a few problems in real estate capital markets) but we've managed to keep the project alive. We'll make a more formal announcement soon, but I'm looking forward to starting construction on 1800 late this year (in conjunction with a larger multi-family development company).

I remain totally excited about the future of this neighborhood. There's lots of cool things happening. And, the best part is they're all (Pearl, 1221, Mosaic) happening with local folks (who love SA).

And thanks for the kind words about the Monterey! It's been great so far - introduce yourself the next time you make it in.

Chad.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2011, 3:37 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Hey guys! It's been totally un-fun over the last 3 years (you may have heard something about a few problems in real estate capital markets) but we've managed to keep the project alive. We'll make a more formal announcement soon, but I'm looking forward to starting construction on 1800 late this year (in conjunction with a larger multi-family development company).

I remain totally excited about the future of this neighborhood. There's lots of cool things happening. And, the best part is they're all (Pearl, 1221, Mosaic) happening with local folks (who love SA).

And thanks for the kind words about the Monterey! It's been great so far - introduce yourself the next time you make it in.

Chad.
AWESOME!!!

I remember how disappointed you were a few years ago when you couldn't get the funding because of the crash. Glad it's a 180 now.

Quick question[s].

What about the Southtown/SoFlo area development across from La Tuna. Do you guys still own it or did your sale the property? If you still own it are the plans still on for the mixed-use development? That's another area with new residential construction popping up. Very nice bookends (Southtown/SoFlo and Pearl/Lower Broadway).

Second question.

Are there any concrete plans to redo the Broadway streetscape? Or will that have to wait for funding or for when the street car line is built?

Thanks.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio