HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Trump Towers Atlanta Tower 1 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Atlanta Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 6, 2007, 1:23 PM
RainMaker

Trump Towers Atlanta

Trump Towers Atlanta is starting to take reservations now click this link for more info. Trump Towers Atlanta

Model A1 - 1 Bedroom - 1,008 Sq Ft - $363,600 - $553,600 - North Exposure

Model A2 - 1 Bedroom - 1,076 Sq Ft - $394,200 - $584,200 - North Exposure

Model A3 - 1 Bedroom - 1,244 Sq Ft - $577,000 - $752,000 - South Exposure

Model B2 - 2 Bedrooms - 1,532 Sq Ft - $760,600 - $1,032,600 - Northeast Exposure

Model B3 - 2 Bedrooms - 1,536 Sq Ft - $802,700 - $1,083,200 - South Exposure

Model B4 - 2 Bedrooms - 1,656 Sq Ft - $833,300 - $1,080,800 - North Exposure

Model B5 - 2 Bedrooms - 2,037 Sq Ft - $1,088,000 - $1,350,000 - South Exposure

Model B6 - 2 Bedrooms - 2,027 Sq Ft - $1,067,000 - $1,315,000 - South Exposure

Model B9 - 2 Bedrooms - 3,113 Sq Ft - Pricing to be announced

Expansive Penthouse Residences Available Upon Request

Trump Towers Atlanta

Miami Real Estate - South Beach Condos

Old Posted Mar 6, 2007, 4:13 PM
Urban Explorer

This will be one quality development!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2007, 4:25 PM
Back on the road again

Wow. This sure ain't the same Atlanta my family relocated to in 1974!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2007, 4:37 PM
Back on the road again

Hmmmm.

My sister, who lives in Seminole near St. Pete in Florida, just forwarded the following link to me about Trump's Tampa tower...

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/03/06/Bu...yers_sue.shtml

Old Posted Mar 6, 2007, 4:45 PM

That's too bad about those Tampa buyers. I can't see that happening with Wood Partners in Atlanta, though.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2007, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
My sister, who lives in Seminole near St. Pete in Florida, just forwarded the following link to me about Trump's Tampa tower...

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/03/06/Bu...yers_sue.shtml
I recently read that there was a possibility that Related Group would take over the Tampa Trump project.

Also Wood Partners is considering doing future Trump projects in LA and Seattle.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Mar 6, 2007 at 6:25 PM.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2007, 6:16 PM

Hands down one of the better Trump projects out side of Chicago! I for one love the sculptural waterfall at the base.....it serves midtown well and along with the building itself will be come a local icon - it "says" Trump!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2007, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulured55 View Post
So, what is the starting time for these?
June 1st according to the Business Chronicle

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gttx View Post
The start of these towers is also dependent on when GDOT finishes (well, they haven't even started it yet) the 15th St. extension between West Peachtree and Spring. They were planning to start after that occured, as GDOT's design for the road will affect entrances/exits of the development.
I was just reading the ARC review which says that the 15th street extension will be built as a part of this development.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 5:16 PM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I was just reading the ARC review which says that the 15th street extension will be built as a part of this development.
Yeah....the curb cuts for Trump were dependent on the design for 15th street; I was a little misleading with my post - they needed the design, not necessarily the actual construction, finished.

By the way, where did you find the review? How was 15th street layed out?

EDIT: I found the review....one interesting thing I noticed was that it proposes two 47-story towers, to be built in one phase. On the site plan, however, it shows one 38-story tower and one 47-story tower. Which is it?

Last edited by gttx; Mar 8, 2007 at 6:00 PM.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah....the curb cuts for Trump were dependent on the design for 15th street; I was a little misleading with my post - they needed the design, not necessarily the actual construction, finished.

By the way, where did you find the review? How was 15th street layed out?

EDIT: I found the review....one interesting thing I noticed was that it proposes two 47-story towers, to be built in one phase. On the site plan, however, it shows one 38-story tower and one 47-story tower. Which is it?
Several people have mentioned that the latest rendering shows two buildings that appear to be of equal height---hope it's true!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanthemanatl View Post
Several people have mentioned that the latest rendering shows two buildings that appear to be of equal height---hope it's true!
Why not just build one 94-story mammoth...that seems more Trump-like to me.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 7:38 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMidtowner View Post
Why not just build one 94-story mammoth...that seems more Trump-like to me.
yep...when news of Trump first leaked out I thought we had a good shot at a new "tallest". He's well over 1,000 ft in Chicago with a new single tower...still, I'm extremely excited about this double 40-ish tower configuration, which will add lots of exciting new density to the Midtown skyline.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 7:55 PM

Quote:
yep...when news of Trump first leaked out I thought we had a good shot at a new "tallest". He's well over 1,000 ft in Chicago with a new single tower...still, I'm extremely excited about this double 40-ish tower configuration, which will add lots of exciting new density to the Midtown skyline.
As am I, plus I'm really diggin the base, which would be hard to pull off in 1 tower. I'd take 2 600 ft. towers over one 1,200 ft. tower anyday.

On a side note, I really hope that the BOA building gets a couple of 600 ft. friends in the next 10 years.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 8:07 PM

isn't building one 1000 foot tower a lot more expensive than 2 500 foot towers?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 8:15 PM
Back on the road again

John...no, not appreciably so. Of course there are hundreds of variables on any given project, but the basic building systems are the same, and unit rates don't go up for taller projects, in fact many of them come down. It wouldn't surprise me terribly to find two 40-story towers to be as expensive or even more expensive, than a single tower twice as tall, especially if the larger footprint of the double tower configuration required significantly more land acquisition.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 9:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
John...no, not appreciably so. Of course there are hundreds of variables on any given project, but the basic building systems are the same, and unit rates don't go up for taller projects, in fact many of them come down. It wouldn't surprise me terribly to find two 40-story towers to be as expensive or even more expensive, than a single tower twice as tall, especially if the larger footprint of the double tower configuration required significantly more land acquisition.
Steve,

I am not sure that is the case. I am not an architect, but I believe I read that as height increases, regulations change. Therefore, materials used and foundation, etc. change and dramatically increase cost as height increases. I think that is why in Atlanta we see more 2 tower developments. Also, our land prices are cheaper than say New York.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 9:55 PM
Urban Explorer

While the price to actually construct them might not be too different, you have to remember that 2 40-story towers will give you a lot more sellable space than 1 80-story tower. When you start getting higher you need more area devoted towards elevator shafts, thus decreasing total floor space that can be sold as condos or whatever.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
While the price to actually construct them might not be too different, you have to remember that 2 40-story towers will give you a lot more sellable space than 1 80-story tower. When you start getting higher you need more area devoted towards elevator shafts, thus decreasing total floor space that can be sold as condos or whatever.
that's basically what i was referring to.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 11:17 PM
devout Pizzatarian

as for construction costs of 50 story buidligns vs. 100 story building, i attended a lecture a couple years ago by adrian smith of SOM, the architect of trump tower in chicago, the burj dubai, the jin mao, and many other noteworthy skyscrapers, and he mentioned that constructing a 100 story building was more expensive than building two 50 story buildings of equal square footage by a rough factor of two. this means that you could build 4 50 story buildings for the price of a single 100 story building. so it doesn indeed cost a great deal of money to go supertall (which he defined as buildings in the 100 story range). he said this is why supertalls are relatively rare and are only found in the most expensive real estate markets in america. he said that the added cost comes from the increasing complexity of the building systems as you continue to stack floor upon floor and from the much greater wind loads that the structural system must account for when you get into the 100 story range.

i have no idea if all this true, but he is the architect of some of the tallest buildings in the world, so i'm willing to take his word for it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive