HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 17, 2007, 4:02 AM

The River Oaks District-HOUSTON

Oliver McMillan LLC out of San Diego plans to go forward with their ambitious mixed-use plan for the old Westcreek Apartment site just Inside the Loop fronting Westheimer Road.

The Projects calls for the following;

350,000 square feet of retail (mostly ground level)
10 story office tower with 250,000 square feet
300 unit luxury apartment tower
a 5-star hotel tower
a 2nd 5-star hotel tower with 150 condos on top.

Ground breaking has been set for early 2008.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2007, 4:11 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Hopefully that 500 ft. tall man doesn't eat one of the buildings first. His smirk looks evil...
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Aug 17, 2007, 8:24 PM
Dryer lint inspector

i don't know if i would call this river oaks. even that apartment complex changed its name from westcreek at river oaks to westcreek at highland village. either way, they are still accepting tenants so i suspect we won't see anything happen for quite some time. it's a shame becuase this is one of the nicer apartments and can think countless other complexes including my own that could stand to have a date with the bulldozer...including mine.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive