HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 9:26 PM

Eviva Peachtree

I just walked by the 811 Peachtree (Eviva) lot and the parking pay station is still there. Maybe the poster was confusing 811 Peachtree (Eviva) with 881 Peachtree (Hanover Midtown). They are just a block apart. Hanover Midtown should be breaking ground any day now.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
I just walked by the 811 Peachtree (Eviva) lot and the parking pay station is still there. Maybe the poster was confusing 811 Peachtree (Eviva) with 881 Peachtree (Hanover Midtown). They are just a block apart. Hanover Midtown should be breaking ground any day now.
Yet another reason I don't buy into the Eviva hype...too much misinformation or old information being posted on here. I will get excited once I see a lot full of reddish dirt.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 10:13 PM

[QUOTE=arctk2014;7561091]"Gothic architecture"? I think you meant Post-Modern (the style/movement Philip Johnson was most associated with in his career). (Note there are no pointed arches or buttresses on these buildings).

Philip Johnson intentionally used gothic elements in the design. That is the overall impression one gets. Refer to someone who actually knows architecture:
http://www.nytimes.com/1988/05/08/ar...pagewanted=all

Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Peachtree Center - Reborn???

This definitely is no Colony Square renovation.

http://peachtreecenter.com/
Video Link
U can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. I hate everything about those buildings and AmericasMart. They ruin the entire center of Downtown in my opinion.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2016, 12:35 AM

The hard on this forum gets over Eviva would make Madona jealous.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2016, 3:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
I was about to say the same, nothing has been removed except the billboard. Even the "for sale" sign is still there. Maybe he just had a vivid dream..?

Last edited by RocketSurgeon; Sep 17, 2016 at 5:09 AM.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2016, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdtwnATL View Post
Crossing fingers. Every time I walk by that building I think how out of place it is and how it breaks up the nice pedestrian flow of that section of peachtree.
Yeah, really hoping they do something about that FDA building, such a miserable building in the area, if at least one, but ideally two of the sides were pedestrian friendly for whatever would come in place, it would change a lot in that area of midtown.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2016, 6:40 PM

I am out of the loop on Eviva but from the discussion it sounds like one heck of a building.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2016, 8:50 PM

Hanover Midtown

Hanover Midtown has their parking machines covered up. Parking is by attendant only now. They have also posted their "Notice of Issuance of Building Permit" sign.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2016, 2:32 AM

Building permit signs posted for Hanover

Old Posted Sep 18, 2016, 3:56 PM

I walked by there last night. I definitely saw the Building Permit Issuance sign, but I did not see the parking meters covered.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2016, 4:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I walked by there last night. I definitely saw the Building Permit Issuance sign, but I did not see the parking meters covered.
Which one, Eviva or Hanover?

Old Posted Sep 18, 2016, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Hanover Midtown. Nothing was going on at Eviva other than the Billboard being down of course.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2016, 5:06 PM

SAP was filed today for the Peachtree Center $20,000,000 renovation. I think this along with the ARC moving in could really refresh this part of downtown (which is already one of the most active parts of the city).

Old Posted Sep 19, 2016, 5:14 PM

Question re Three Alliance Center. Dev. list says it is to be 32 stories; the Tishman site says 30; the building looks topped out now and I count only @ 27-28 stories. Is there more to be added? Are the 30 stories hidden within the structure? Just curious.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2016, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
Question re Three Alliance Center. Dev. list says it is to be 32 stories; the Tishman site says 30; the building looks topped out now and I count only @ 27-28 stories. Is there more to be added? Are the 30 stories hidden within the structure? Just curious.
Some of the parking is underground - they ran into a hiccup during construction when the formwork caved into the adjacent deck underground.

http://atlanta.curbed.com/2015/7/17/...esults-in-mess

Old Posted Sep 19, 2016, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
SAP was filed today for the Peachtree Center $20,000,000 renovation. I think this along with the ARC moving in could really refresh this part of downtown (which is already one of the most active parts of the city).

Unfortunately Peachtree Center's losing most of it's skylights in order to rework the plaza space for "street" front (or at least street level) restaurants and patios.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2016, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
Unfortunately Peachtree Center's losing most of it's skylights in order to rework the plaza space for "street" front (or at least street level) restaurants and patios.
The more innovative concept would have been to make the plaza underneath more open air...although much more costly. At least it's an improvement over 1980 dismal shopping mall design

Old Posted Sep 19, 2016, 8:25 PM

bubbles

Quote:
Given the number of apartments coming to market in Midtown in the next 18-24 months, it's surprising banks are lending to new projects like Eviva and Hanover. What kind of projections are they basing their lending decisions on? And are they doing any due diligence? Feels like Miami circa 2005. Both Hanover and Eviva are huge buildings that would be finished way after everything else that's being built on W. Peachtree, Peachtree, and 10th & Piedmont. It's true a few businesses are moving to Midtown, but how many of their employees will be young millenials (with no kids) who can afford to live in an expensive city rental?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2016, 8:41 PM

The big difference between Atlanta and Miami: Miami is building condos, Atlanta is building apartments. The Miami condos will never be sold and existing owners as well as developers and banks are starting to sweat. The Atlanta apartments will be leased though perhaps for a bit less than projected. Here's why building apartments in Midtown or anywhere in Atlanta is a good deal:
1) Construction loan interest rates are low until at least after the election.
2) People can live in Midtown and elsewhere close-in and easily commute outward.
3) Rents are still cheaper than in practically any other major city.
4) The cost to buy is beyond the reach of younger people.
5) The synergies of living intown have greatly improved.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations