HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jun 13, 2022, 6:11 PM
JACKinBeantown

SAN ANTONIO - Building Renders - Google, etc.

Please post your San Antonio renders, massing models, you name it, of planned and under construction buildings.

I'll start it off by copying and pasting theOGalexd's post of The Mira and surrounding Pearl projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOGalexd View Post
Here's a rough modelings I made of the complex's going up near the Pearl. Mira, Josephine, Borden apts and the Silver Ventures Elmira apts. Guesstimated heights on the others based on floor count but should give a decent idea. I agree a separate thread on Google renders would be good though.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2022, 8:06 PM

Super cool!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2022, 1:55 AM

I'll get a few more angles of 400 Main and add them here later tonight!

Can do the lower broadway corridor too.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2022, 10:51 AM

Gonna do Lower Broadway tomorrow but here's some of DT (300 Main, Floodgate, Canopy, Thompson)

They're pretty rough, but gives an idea of the massing.

The TOA angle makes me hope one of those lots by Hard Rock gets developed into something decently tall. It would really add to the density, but I'm sure HDRC will shoot that down lol. I think Weston owns some of the huge lots by 300 Main too, so I wonder what the plan for those are.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2022, 11:44 AM
JACKinBeantown

Thanks for posting those!

I believe future tall buildings will most likely get built in areas farther away from the Tower and Alamo... like in Weston's properties or even the Broadway area between downtown and the SAMA.

As a former New Yorker, I see great potential for city residentials in the undeveloped lots around Travis Park. They would have unobstructed views of the local area as well as a city park right outside their doors.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ho...!4d-98.4882521

Old Posted Jun 15, 2022, 9:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Thanks for posting those!

I believe future tall buildings will most likely get built in areas farther away from the Tower and Alamo... like in Weston's properties or even the Broadway area between downtown and the SAMA.

As a former New Yorker, I see great potential for city residentials in the undeveloped lots around Travis Park. They would have unobstructed views of the local area as well as a city park right outside their doors.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ho...!4d-98.4882521
Those lots by Travis Park are definitely prime. The one next to the Greyhound station too. Shit... move the Greyhound station too lol.

Could have a mini-Bryant Park feel if that happened.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2022, 3:04 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Those lots by Travis Park are definitely prime. The one next to the Greyhound station too. Shit... move the Greyhound station too lol.

Could have a mini-Bryant Park feel if that happened.
Bringing this off topic already, but we really need an intercity bus terminal. Greyhound is the biggest but Megabus drops off in a freakin vacant lot off Probandt, Flixbus just randomly picks curbs around town, and all the Mexican bus lines are super dispersed.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2022, 7:02 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
Bringing this off topic already, but we really need an intercity bus terminal. Greyhound is the biggest but Megabus drops off in a freakin vacant lot off Probandt, Flixbus just randomly picks curbs around town, and all the Mexican bus lines are super dispersed.
It's like that in Boston and New York too. The discount bus lines do that because it's cheaper and easier than renting a slot in a bus station.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2022, 9:20 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
It's like that in Boston and New York too. The discount bus lines do that because it's cheaper and easier than renting a slot in a bus station.
Right, I remember the mega bus dropped me off on a random street corner in Midtown. And that's Flixbus' model in Europe I recall, though not always. I was dropped off on a random corner in Copenhagen but I was picked up at a suburban transit center in Amsterdam. London has an intercity station at Victoria Coach terminal that was pretty nice too.

There's a better model though, much closer to home. Specifically thinking of the many very nice bus terminals I've been to in Mexico:

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termin...uses_del_Norte
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termin...ros_de_Oriente
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centra...tobuses_Puebla

More like small footprint airports than anything else. Functional, but clean and easy to use, and safe. I certainly felt safer in any of the Mexican bus terminals I've been in than even walking in front of the Greyhound station in DTSA.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2022, 12:20 PM
JACKinBeantown

^^ How quickly this thread got derailed.

https://steepdigital.com/wp-content/...ayontarget.gif

Old Posted Jun 26, 2022, 3:37 PM
JACKinBeantown

I'm just gonna put this here.
423 South Alamo

https://i.imgur.com/sTUKMIi.jpeg

Old Posted Jul 20, 2022, 11:16 AM

\

Here's some with the Continental apts. Not gonna make a huge dent unless the final height is higher than it's listed right now, but better than nothing.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2022, 11:20 AM

Kimpton S. Alamo

Edit: Just realized they updated the 3D view so a lot of the new developments are on there now. Those lots around Travis Park are crying to get developed lol. Would make such a big impact on the skyline.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2022, 12:42 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Kimpton S. Alamo

Those lots around Travis Park are crying to get developed lol. Would make such a big impact on the skyline.

I've always thought those lots east of Travis Park would make for great NYC-style apartments. People could live downtown and still a nice city park right across the street. Similar to New York's Madison Square Park or Union Square. Their views would never be blocked too.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2022, 2:09 PM

Quote:
I've always thought those lots east of Travis Park would make for great NYC-style apartments. People could live downtown and still a nice city park right across the street. Similar to New York's Madison Square Park or Union Square. Their views would never be blocked too.
Would love to see that. I know they're nothing to write home about architecturally, but one of those Hanover style buildings that are going up in Austin would do good in that area and modernize the skyline more. Add ground level retail and you have a nice area going. Maybe I'll try and do a rough photoshop of one in that area.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2022, 2:50 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

The lot that directly faces Travis Park is owned by the St Anthony, which they use for parking since they don't have their own garage. If it was a general public parking lot I'd say the odds of it being redeveloped are decent given the prime location, but since that's a critical parking lot for the hotel I can't imagine they're keen on losing such convenient spaces, even if it was just temporary during construction.

The other big lot there is owned by St Mark's. I am also not optimistic about that one since it's a church, but maybe someone will be inspired by the defunct St John's deal and make on offer to St Mark's.

There is a smaller lot used for public parking next to the Radius Center on Martin, it might be just big enough for something like the Jones/Rio building. I guess that's the best bet for more development in that zone. There's also the bigish public lot at Broadway and 3rd, on the east side of the street, which is similar.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2022, 11:30 AM

Here's a *very rough* photoshop of how 300 Main is gonna look on the skyline. Overall I think it'll look good and break up the beige which is always welcome. Curious to see how the facade will look in real life when it's done. Shoutout Bilbao58 for the pic, hope you don't mind me using it for these!

A mockup for fun with 44 East in Austin on one of the Travis Park area lots. A skinny glass tower in the 5-600 foot range would be VERY welcome.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2022, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Here's a *very rough* photoshop of how 300 Main is gonna look on the skyline. Overall I think it'll look good and break up the beige which is always welcome. Curious to see how the facade will look in real life when it's done. Shoutout Bilbao58 for the pic, hope you don't mind me using it for these!

A mockup for fun with 44 East in Austin on one of the Travis Park area lots. A skinny glass tower in the 5-600 foot range would be VERY welcome.

I wonder how it'll look from other angles? It's great there, but I think there has to be another perspective that could fill in the skyline nicely.

We do need more towers! Hopefully, the downtown park brings that!!

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 12:16 AM

Hello,
If anyone is interested in me posting some screenshots I too have made some Google Earth polygons of all the current projects that I know of. They are all "hand drawn" on keyboard and mouse using site maps for reference (so they are a bit crude when compared to the others posted). But I did just add the new hemisfair hotel based on its site plans.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 5:17 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalk99 View Post
Hello,
If anyone is interested in me posting some screenshots I too have made some Google Earth polygons of all the current projects that I know of. They are all "hand drawn" on keyboard and mouse using site maps for reference (so they are a bit crude when compared to the others posted). But I did just add the new hemisfair hotel based on its site plans.
Of course! If you ever hesitate to share, always think better of yourself and decide to share anyway.
SATX: 1435k (+8%) + MSA suburbs: 1124k (+38%) + CSA exurbs: 18k (+11%)
ATX: 962k (+22%) + MSA suburbs: 1322k (+43%)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio