HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 6:10 PM

No idea who he was as well, but a quick look at his Canadian tour he's starting this Spring where he's playing arenas, and he sold out most dates who are all in arenas.

*Edit as I check his Tour section, and out of 12 Canadian dates, he sold out 8 of them!

So looks like two real big catch for Sommo!

Last edited by felip_ars; Jan 11, 2024 at 6:22 PM.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 6:46 PM

Noah Kahan is very very big.

Similar to Zach Bryan in that he got big from tiktok and other avenues and rose to the top seemingly out of nowhere. Hes a humble guy who was playing coffee houses in front of a couple of people not that long ago. He speaks and sings about mental health topics and it resonates with a lot of his fans. He also has this sort of New England vibe to him that earns him a lot of fans in the Maritimes. He was the most requested artist that I had seen in the comments every time Sommo posted.

Its nice to see Sommo getting current acts in their prime, bodes well for the festival to continue to grow.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 7:30 PM

I had never heard of Noah Kahan until scrolling through the comments on the last few Sommo posts yesterday and seen his name requested quite a few times. Judging from the streams on Spotify, he is pretty big right now.

Although I’m not really a fan, Greta Van Fleet is a nice get for the festival. It’s nice to see some more modern rock acts come through with Mumford & Sons last year, and now Queens of the Stone Age & GVF both Maritime bound this year. That said, I was hoping for Pearl Jam.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 2:53 AM

So apparently Sommo festival is sold out. Time will tell if this was scalpers who will then resell these at a higher price or if it was actually just a lot of people really wanting to go see these bands.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
So apparently Sommo festival is sold out. Time will tell if this was scalpers who will then resell these at a higher price or if it was actually just a lot of people really wanting to go see these bands.
It doesn't look sold out to me. Weekend Passed are only on tier 2. Friday GA is on tier 3. VIP is sold out I believe. There was people having issues purchasing tickets on the website, from time to time and perhaps that's where you were hearing that it was sold out.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2024, 10:37 PM

Avenir Centre has a show announcement tomorrow at 2. Uses the word “show” so might not be a concert?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2024, 9:26 PM

Sum 41, Our Lady Peace headline Saint John festival

Quote:
"Sum 41, Our Lady Peace, and Alvvays are coming to New Brunswick this summer.

They will headline the AREA 506 music festival in Saint John on New Brunswick Day weekend

Ray Gracewood, who founded the festival in 2016, said he believes this is their biggest year yet.

“Every year, it gets more and more exciting I think for people who are interested in bringing live music back to the waterfront in Saint John,” Gracewood said ahead of Thursday’s lineup announcement.

“We try to grow responsibly each year and add to create an even more incredible experience.”

Gracewood said Sum 41 is “probably the biggest booking” the festival has had to date.

Our Lady Peace was one of their most requested acts by attendees, he said, while Alvvays was a group they had been trying to book.

The festival founder said they were pleased to put together an all-Canadian lineup of headliners once again this year.

“There’s so much talent out there from our country that we’re more than happy to focus there and have that be an important part of the lineup that we put together,” said Gracewood.

Other acts set to perform during the three-day festival include PUP, Tokyo Police Club, Wintersleep, and The Hypochondriacs.

Gracewood said the Waterfront Container Village will also host a program of family-friendly experiences throughout the weekend. That includes a culture stage, experiential activities, and food trucks in addition to the popular vendor market throughout the weekend.

General admission, VIP and the popular pod-based ticketing options for this year’s event are now available. Children under 12 will get in for free when accompanied by an adult".
https://www.country94.ca/2024/02/08/...john-festival/

Old Posted Feb 9, 2024, 4:32 PM

A couple festivals to announce.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2024, 5:53 PM

Does anyone think there would be support or enough demand for an amphitheatre in NB along the lines of the Waterfront Park in Bangor? some reserved seating , some GA lawn, semi permanent or permanent stage and some amenity buildings for washrooms, admin, concessions etc maybe a capacity of 10-15k?
I've been to concerts in Bangor and at what used to be the Tweeter center outside Boston. .....both great experiences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_...s_Amphitheater

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xfinit..._Massachusetts)

Old Posted Feb 9, 2024, 7:54 PM

Miramichi/Newcastle

Old Posted Feb 10, 2024, 4:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor734 View Post
Does anyone think there would be support or enough demand for an amphitheatre in NB along the lines of the Waterfront Park in Bangor? some reserved seating , some GA lawn, semi permanent or permanent stage and some amenity buildings for washrooms, admin, concessions etc maybe a capacity of 10-15k?
I've been to concerts in Bangor and at what used to be the Tweeter center outside Boston. .....both great experiences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_...s_Amphitheater

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xfinit..._Massachusetts)
Atlantic Canada needs a venue like this badly. I’d like to think that bands might make the effort to cross the border if they had a venue. Bangor, Portland, and Gilford NH as well as several venues in the Boston area have been getting a huge variety of bands every summer for at least a decade if not longer. This is what should happen with the magnetic hill concert site I think. I should be turned into a amphitheater type venue.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2024, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Atlantic Canada needs a venue like this badly. I’d like to think that bands might make the effort to cross the border if they had a venue. Bangor, Portland, and Gilford NH as well as several venues in the Boston area have been getting a huge variety of bands every summer for at least a decade if not longer. This is what should happen with the magnetic hill concert site I think. I should be turned into a amphitheater type venue.
Yes, Magnetic Hill came to mind. It's been what? Five years or more since it's been used? IDK how many shows a year Bangor has but it seems like a lot. I'm on the mailing list and the announcements are nearly constant. There are 18 shows scheduled so far for this summer (and probably more to come for the fall)

Old Posted Feb 14, 2024, 6:42 PM

Maren Morris & The Beaches added to Sommo Fest. Was hoping they'd add the majority of the lineup today but looks like I'll have to keep waiting.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 6:39 PM

Boxcar Country Music Festival unveils first acts

Quote:
“ Just over four months until the Boxcar Country Music Festival and we are getting an idea of who will be performing.

Officials behind the uptown festival announced the first six acts on Thursday morning.

They are High Valley, Tenille Arts, Chris Cummings, The Mainlanders, The Brent Mason Band, and Kelsey Kulyk.

A total of 17 bands will perform this year, with more acts set to be announced next Thursday.

The Boxcar Country Music Festival will take place on the Saint John waterfront from July 25 to 27”.
https://www.country94.ca/2024/03/14/...ls-first-acts/

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 12:04 PM

Iceberg Alley Performance Tent

Lineup for this was announced today:

https://icebergalleyconcerts.com/lineup/

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:13 PM

Shania Twain

Another one for St. John's...

https://churchillparkmusicfestival.com/

Not my cup of tea but I'm sure it will do well.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces