HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
Exciting times in Phoenix! Very pleased to see the downtown finally filling out.
Truly is, Both Tempe and Phoenix are filling out with towers and density at an unbelievable rate.

It looks like our local forum finally has a photographer again so I hope to keep updating the progress as it comes due.

Right now we have the potential of having 2 new tallest towers and two other nearly as tall as Chase for the first time in 55 years.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 6:17 PM

Gallery of Tempe updates:

https://imgur.com/gallery/EKGYs9K

Old Posted Mar 9, 2020, 3:30 PM

Some Tempe updates:

Old Posted Mar 9, 2020, 6:15 PM

A not so great shot of some of the cranes on the north side of downtown.

More to come!

Old Posted Mar 13, 2020, 3:24 PM

Somebody did a massing Mock-up on google earth for the current development:

Everything over 10 stories is on here.

Almost as many projects under 10 floors recently completed, UC or proposed did not make the cut.

Most of the yellow will be built.

Blue = Complete
Green= Under Construction
Yellow= proposed

Old Posted Mar 14, 2020, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Somebody did a massing Mock-up on google earth for the current development:

Everything over 10 stories is on here.

Almost as many projects under 10 floors recently completed, UC or proposed did not make the cut.

Most of the yellow will be built.

Blue = Complete
Green= Under Construction
Yellow= proposed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseM View Post
I was bored today so decided to do an updated mockup of the skyline. I included the Berger Hotel on Central and Adams and Hines proposal for the Hyatt Garage. I did forget the Cambria hotel but got most of the big projects!

Yes, thank you ChaseM!!

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 11:55 PM

New Proposal for 1st ave and Jackson in the warehouse district.

It will be the first High rise in this area ever.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 11:59 PM

Another picture of Tempe's new high rise cluster

Curtesy of CB1

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 6:04 PM

Some shots of downtown cranes this Cloudy spring day thanks to JogoPHX

A bit out of date shot of the Ryan construction on the south end of downtown.

And a new rendering of the Derby, this project was delayed for years due to a court dispute on property tax deferments. Crane for it is going up today I am told.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2020, 5:20 PM

Cranes, cranes, and more cranes keep rising all over Phoenix. I just hope this virus shutdown doesn't screw up the city's future construction. I want to see a new tallest go up in my lifetime.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2020, 12:24 AM

I really wish the Sheraton had a better design, because it's just such a gross beige/tan wall.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
I really wish the Sheraton had a better design, because it's just such a gross beige/tan wall.
Yeah the Sheraton was built at a time when the whole "Beige cause we are a desert" paradigm was still around.

Thankfully thats since died but brown and beige stucco was more or less standard at the time.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 4:05 PM

Some plans for the old "southern" convention center. Credit too ASU Diablo

in 2008 the "north" new convention center was built but the original 1970's convention center is still in existence. There has begun some stirrings about redeveloping this southern building to be less of a dead zone, the building itself takes up nearly 4 city blocks. This would also bring the design up to date to match the newer convention center buildings.

Scheme 1- new CC building, 19-story hotel, and 10-story commercial tower
Scheme 2- new CC building, 16-story hotel, and 22-story residential tower

Scheme 1

More details and Renderings didn't include Scheme 2 because scheme 1 is way better:
https://www.phoenix.gov/conventionce...esentation.pdf

And for reference of what is there now. A monstrous example of bad urban form:

https://goo.gl/maps/QsAAqgVEtCysvFU57

https://goo.gl/maps/NF784wyZCpPrsFSC9

Old Posted Apr 10, 2020, 2:40 AM

Deserted City construction update cutesy of: https://dtphx.org/2020/04/08/12-deve...ntown-phoenix/

Kenect Phoenix

Located on the southeast corner of Central Avenue and Polk Street, Kenect Phoenix replaces a surface parking lot with a 23-story apartment tower and ground-floor retail. The completed project will feature 320 rental units and a rooftop deck.

Hyatt Place Hotel

An eight-story, 240-room hotel broke ground in late March on the northeast corner of Second Avenue and Adams Street. The new Hyatt Place hotel will replace the prior surface-level parking lot, which sits directly behind the historic 1931 Orpheum Lofts.

AC Hotel

The Arizona Center underwent a lot of changes recently, including the construction of a new AC Hotel by Marriott. Built on a site that used to be a lawn, the 14-story, 200-room hotel is located between the existing parking garage to the north, and the APS tower to the south. The completed project will feature business and leisure traveler amenities as well as a rooftop pool and lounge.

Phoenix Biomedical Campus Innovation Center

The Phoenix Biomedical Campus (PBC) located at Fifth and Van Buren streets serves as the main hub for biomedical research in the area.

The the new 225,000-square-foot PBC Innovation Center will host commercial companies and research focused on health, wellness. The project is in partnership with Wexford Science + Technology.

ASU Innovation Dorms

Arizona State University is adding a 16-story residential tower with classroom space on the southwest corner of First Avenue and Fillmore Street. The completed building will feature more than 400 student housing beds, entrepreneurial programming and a vibrant ground floor.

Adeline at Collier Center

This 25-story multifamily project at the northwest corner of Jefferson and Third streets broke ground in January 2020. The completed project will feature 379 luxury apartment units and more than 4,500 sq ft of retail.

Built mostly on vacant land at 222 E. Jefferson Street, the property is named Adeline – after one of Phoenix’s early female leaders who built the Valley’s first mansion. Read more about the project here.

2nd Avenue and Fillmore Apartments

Located at the southwest corner of Second Avenue and Fillmore Street, this mid-rise multifamily project will include 323 apartment units and ground-floor retail.

The Derby

Located on the northwest corner of McKinley and Second streets, The Derby will be a 21-story, 211 micro-unit apartment project. The units will average 400 square feet.

The Link Phase 2

More than 600 apartments are slated for this small site on Third and Pierce streets, once all three phases are complete. The first phase of The Link, completed in mid-2019, brought 252 units across 30 stories. As of April 2020, construction on phase 2 — a 25-story building with 204 units — is well underway. The third phase will be 19 stories and 156 units.

The Fillmore

The Fillmore is the first phase of a $140-million mixed-use project between Fourth and Sixth avenues fronting Fillmore Street. It will feature 342 units with ground floor retail on the southwest corner of Fourth Avenue and Fillmore Street. Phase 2 will include 350 apartment units.

Aspire

A 17-story, 254-unit apartment complex by Aspirant Development is coming to the northeast corner of Fillmore Street and Third Avenue. The project will have ground-floor retail and luxury finishes.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2020, 2:42 AM

And an update for Midtown thanks to Classical In Phoenix

The Creighton Medical Campus Building 1 under construction and a Tower Crane going up for a 10 story apartment complex "Millennium" at Park Central.

Nearby expansion for St. Josephs hospital

Novel (apartments)

Last edited by Obadno; Apr 10, 2020 at 2:59 AM.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2020, 3:36 PM

Some great stuff, go Phoenix!!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
Cranes, cranes, and more cranes keep rising all over Phoenix. I just hope this virus shutdown doesn't screw up the city's future construction. I want to see a new tallest go up in my lifetime.
Unfortunately not, they don't allowed to go tallest building. Due to height restrictions from FAA. They don't have supertall tower. Only 40 floors or less.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2020, 11:53 PM

I'm aware about Phoenix's famous height restrictions but I was referring to the Astra project which would be Phoenix's new tallest if completed. The way things are going, I'm starting to see that this project has a less and less chance of being built as this lockdown lingers on. Hope I'm wrong because there is a demand for this project.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2020, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
I'm aware about Phoenix's famous height restrictions but I was referring to the Astra project which would be Phoenix's new tallest if completed. The way things are going, I'm starting to see that this project has a less and less chance of being built as this lockdown lingers on. Hope I'm wrong because there is a demand for this project.
Astra was still pretty early in the proposal stage. I high actually might save it. If demand returns once the covid scare begins to subside over the next couple of months I think it might still move forward but it wasn’t clear if they even had financing lined up yet.

Not to mention the developer has now competed several high rise projects downtown including one that was wrapped up in a historic building fight for months so I have faith they can do it.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2020, 6:52 PM

I was really hoping the "outdated" southern convention center would be used as an arena for the Coyotes. Jefferson Street & 3rd Street would totally be a sports and entertainment district with 3/4 of our major sports teams being in the same vicinity. We all know Sarver would be against it, especially with the renovations of Talking Stick Arena, but if the city owned it, I think there wouldn't be as much backlash. I'm sure they could still build the two high rises (hotel and residential proposal) being on the north plot of the space, instead of the southern portion.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations