HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Stantec Tower & Sky Residences in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Edmonton Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 4:23 AM
So very tired...

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 7:58 AM

Looking forward to seeing this one go up, and 5 meters taller than Brookfield Plc.!

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 4:47 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

^^ That is a lot of excavators.

Great photos!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2015, 4:39 AM

Any updates on this one? Latest rumour in the Edmonton section was floor count mid-60s if I recall correctly?

Old Posted Jan 8, 2015, 3:48 PM

^Parkade excavation is ongoing at the moment.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 6:32 AM

Can't wait to see this one move forward!

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 6:34 AM

^^ Forgot I posted the same thing a couple weeks ago! ^^

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 1:18 PM

Wow...whoever changed thread header is DREAMING. This tower will not be adding height. Like prior posts, (scroll up) I said it will be cut down.
The talk in both cities is complete PANIC.
The oil drought happening could last 2-3 years.
Sorry boys when I lived in Alberta, I used to believe the preaching that province was not driven by Oil/Gas...WRONG. buckle up.
BOOM now BUST.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle22371154/

Last edited by fatboy; Jan 9, 2015 at 1:20 PM. Reason: adding link

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 4:16 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

^ Ok chicken little, the title will be updated again when new information comes out, like happens with any proposal (and without the bizarre hand-wringing in those cases I might add).

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 5:16 PM
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
Wow...whoever changed thread header is DREAMING. This tower will not be adding height. Like prior posts, (scroll up) I said it will be cut down.
Sorry boys when I lived in Alberta, I used to believe the preaching that province was not driven by Oil/Gas...WRONG. buckle up.
BOOM now BUST.
You know this for sure? Are you involved with the design process?
AFAIK, the design of the crown is not final. There are numerous design possibilities that I've personally seen, all differ in appearance and ultimately height.
Troll somewhere else, nobody in Edmonton is buying it.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 5:23 PM
Chairman

So when there is a rumor that the height increases, let's change to title to feed our fantasy since it is back by so called "credible sources". When there is any mention of the height being reduced... ...oh wait. We needs facts to back up this rumor.

How hypocritical.

-sb

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 6:33 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

^ Sorry but which "credible sources" have talked about a height reduction?

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 10:54 PM
So very tired...

Nothing happening but digging. At 4-5 levels of u/g parking across essentially a full city block they will be digging for a while.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 11:04 PM
Community Guy

Rumours are that it will be 62-64, but designed to be up to 72.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
BOOM now BUST.
Actually, that's not at all the talk in either city. The talk in both cities is that this will pass (hopefully sooner rather than later), that the situation will correct itself once some of the "marginal producers" (ie. not Canada) start to slash production, that companies cut staffing and costs far too quickly and deeply back in the 2008 recession (which made it much more challenging to re-staff when oil prices quickly shot up again), and that as a lesson learned, spending reductions need to be much less drastic and more targeted this time around. As one industry person told me the other day, "Albertans are so used to the ups and downs of the oil cycle, that we don't really start to panic until prices have plummeted and stayed there for 6 months or more". That may or may not come to pass, but the fact is, the analysts do not know how low oil will go or how long the low prices will last, so it's sheer speculation.

I moved to Alberta in the late 90s; in 1998-99 prices went down to $9 a barrel and Calgary still had the look and feel of a boomtown. Unfortunately now the provincial government has not been undertaking the kind of sound fiscal management that we did then, which will lead to some nasty deficits, but hopefully that will be a lesson for the provincial government (although, that's a topic for another thread on another day).

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 3:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
So when there is a rumor that the height increases, let's change to title to feed our fantasy since it is back by so called "credible sources". When there is any mention of the height being reduced... ...oh wait. We needs facts to back up this rumor.

How hypocritical.
Are you in this thread for any other purpose other than to whine like a butthurt little bitch? Every single one of your replies... it gets old quick.

I love the fact that some posters can't deal with the fact that Edmonton is getting a tower like this.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 8:37 AM

OIL, ALWAYS MAKES A COMEBACK!! (And I'm an alternative energy type guy!)

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveography View Post
^ Sorry but which "credible sources" have talked about a height reduction?
Similar "credible sources" that talked about height increase.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMalgus View Post
Actually, that's not at all the talk in either city. The talk in both cities is that this will pass (hopefully sooner rather than later), that the situation will correct itself once some of the "marginal producers" (ie. not Canada) start to slash production, that companies cut staffing and costs far too quickly and deeply back in the 2008 recession (which made it much more challenging to re-staff when oil prices quickly shot up again), and that as a lesson learned, spending reductions need to be much less drastic and more targeted this time around. As one industry person told me the other day, "Albertans are so used to the ups and downs of the oil cycle, that we don't really start to panic until prices have plummeted and stayed there for 6 months or more". That may or may not come to pass, but the fact is, the analysts do not know how low oil will go or how long the low prices will last, so it's sheer speculation.

I moved to Alberta in the late 90s; in 1998-99 prices went down to $9 a barrel and Calgary still had the look and feel of a boomtown. Unfortunately now the provincial government has not been undertaking the kind of sound fiscal management that we did then, which will lead to some nasty deficits, but hopefully that will be a lesson for the provincial government (although, that's a topic for another thread on another day).
I lived there from 97-2008.
Saw the up and down 3 times. Agreed Alberta bounces back every time.
The question is when...my point on this thread was and is stick to documented facts.
Stantec's own web site has tower at 62 floors. This site continues to lose credibility when "rumours" are posted as fact. If this tower is going to be taller, post it, WHEN it is FACT.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 5:43 PM

Quote:
I lived there from 97-2008.
Saw the up and down 3 times. Agreed Alberta bounces back every time.
The question is when...my point on this thread was and is stick to documented facts.
Stantec's own web site has tower at 62 floors. This site continues to lose credibility when "rumours" are posted as fact. If this tower is going to be taller, post it, WHEN it is FACT.
But wouldn't it devastate you ? There is that to consider.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive