HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 20, 2013, 2:34 PM

Some Hotel Shediac photo updates from Sun June 16 2013.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2013, 2:37 PM

While in the area, noticed this at the entrance of Shediac Yacht Club.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2013, 12:01 PM

Couple of updates for Shediac.
Currently there are 3 apartment buildings under construction in the town. The big one on Caissie ave, one on Clarence St. (I think they are going to build a second one in the same location when the first is done) and one on Cornwall Point rd.
On the retail side Petro Canada has been changed to an Ultramar and Gojii's is now open.

This morning on the way to work I noticed that the green house next to town hall was demolished and the for sale sign was gone from the property, I haven't heard what is being done there but it is nice to see some movement on the property.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Some Hotel Shediac photo updates from Sun June 16 2013.

What a great project for Shediac. St-George and Queen streets need a bunch of these with ground floor retail.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2013, 6:54 PM

Make it 4 apartment buildings under construction. There's another one under construct

Make it 4 apartment buildings under construction. There's another one under construction behind Frenchy's

Old Posted Aug 12, 2013, 12:38 PM

I heard some interesting rumors about Hotel Shediac last night night. First it is rumored that there will be a Starbucks in the hotel. Second the restaurant/bar is going to be another St. James Gate or at least run by the same people.
I find the Starbucks rumor very interesting as currently there is only a Tim's in Shediac and this will be the first real test for them.
The hotel is way behind schedule, it was supposed to have opened already and was fully booked for the summer. They have lost all that revenue and are looking at a November opening now. I'm not sure what caused the delay but it is definitely hurting the pocket book of the owner.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2013, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caidehs View Post
Make it 4 apartment buildings under construction. There's another one under construction behind Frenchy's
Judging by the high/low rooflines, I'm thinking that one might be some sort of Seniors residence? Just a guess; I don't really know.

Interesting rumours on the Starbucks/St. James Gate.

Shediac is one of those funny, coastal, tourist towns, for sure. I don't know how many others in NB suffer that fate but it reminds me a bit of trying to navigate North Conway, NH in the summer time. One packed road through the town and few alternatives (the highway is the only other option, really).

Then, in September... everyone leaves. Although it's staying "busier" year round than it used to be. The amount of development going on on Shediac (based on it's size) is pretty phenomenal.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2013, 1:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is an Ontario equivalent to Shediac. I'm currently on vacation up here and a few days ago we passed through Collingwood/Wasaga Beach. Both my son and I had the same idea when we drove through, that this was Shediac on steroids!

Old Posted Aug 12, 2013, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

There is an Ontario equivalent to Shediac. I'm currently on vacation up here and a few days ago we passed through Collingwood/Wasaga Beach. Both my son and I had the same idea when we drove through, that this was Shediac on steroids!
I can only imagine! It's funny... in March, we say: "wow, I wish this place wasn't so dead" then in August "OMG will all you guys just GO HOME?!?"

Old Posted Aug 12, 2013, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
I heard some interesting rumors about Hotel Shediac last night night. First it is rumored that there will be a Starbucks in the hotel. Second the restaurant/bar is going to be another St. James Gate or at least run by the same people.
I find the Starbucks rumor very interesting as currently there is only a Tim's in Shediac and this will be the first real test for them.
The hotel is way behind schedule, it was supposed to have opened already and was fully booked for the summer. They have lost all that revenue and are looking at a November opening now. I'm not sure what caused the delay but it is definitely hurting the pocket book of the owner.
Too bad for the delay, for sure November is not going to be as profitable an opening date as summer for any hotel in Shediac.

St-James Gate would be a good fit for the hotel. There's getting to be a pretty interesting restaurant scene in Shediac.

The Starbucks rumor is interesting, but I assume it would not be a full fledged Starbucks but rather something like the Coffee counter in the lobby of the Delta Hotel in Moncton.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2013, 11:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
While in the area, noticed this at the entrance of Shediac Yacht Club.

It was in the paper the other day that Shediac has committed $250,000 towards development of this park. I believe they called it Marina Park

Old Posted Aug 29, 2013, 3:49 PM

I did some sailing there this summer. Great looking park to cover up the giant field that occupies the space now.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2013, 4:28 PM
I have no Title

Route 11 Twinning/Redesign

anyone know when and if this is going to be done anytime soon? Highway redesign near Shediac?
http://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/de...ichibucto.html

Old Posted Aug 29, 2013, 5:11 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

I'd give the odds at 10:1 against that project ever happening.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2013, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
I'd give the odds at 10:1 against that project ever happening.
We know that highway 11 is the next highway in New Brunswick to be twinned. It may not happen right away, but it will definitely be twinned at some point, even if it is 10-15 years until it is twinned from end to end. Let's hope it is much sooner than that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see work beginning on the first section to Richibucto next spring. With improved provincial finances and Federal funding, the other sections will happen in phases.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 3:47 PM

Second Cup and Yeh!

From L'Acadie Nouvelle, they should start construction of a Secund Cup and a Yeh! (one more frozen yogurt ) on Main St in Shediac in October. Should open in March 2014.

I like the idea of the roof top terrace with a view on shediac bay

Here's the link to the article if you can read french: http://www.capacadie.com/actualites/...printemps-2014

Also picture from L'Acadie Nouvelle website:

Last edited by emad; Sep 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 4:41 PM

What a great addition to Main street. Looks like they'll be tearing down that old house next to the town hall. The building looks good and has a second story terrace... the only one I can think of in the region. Second cup will do great I'm sure, but a THIRD frozen yogurt place in Shediac?!?! Who thought that was a good idea? The other places may be busy now, but once the tourists leave for the winter...

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 4:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

And the frogurt wars continue.....

Seriously - a very nice addition to downtown Shediac

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
...but a THIRD frozen yogurt place in Shediac?!?! Who thought that was a good idea? The other places may be busy now, but once the tourists leave for the winter...
I think the exact same thing, I drove in Shediac yesterday evening, there was 2 persons eating a frozen yogurt at Fresa and Goji's was empty...

I'm pretty sure that there's not room for 3 frozen yogurt place Maybe by March, they won't be the third, if one of the two actual doesn't survive the winter...

By the way, that old house was already taken down (if it's the one I'm thinking about).

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 6:28 PM

very nice building, I hope they can fill the vacant space once the frozen yogurt store closes next fall. It'll be interesting to see what happens if the Starbucks rumor is true, I'm not sure Shediac can handle 3 coffee shops either.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces