HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 5:06 PM

I agree. Already bought my tickets this morning. The presale code is "AVENIRCAN17" for anyone intestered
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
This is a five game, five city tournament. The participating cities are Moncton, Hartford, Vancouver, Victoria and Anaheim. We're in pretty good company here!

I would personally be more interested in attending this than the Canada/Russia junior game.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 12:18 PM

I'lll be going to both. It's just great to be able to see such high calibre hockey in our own backyard.
EDIT: Thank you Habs33 for the presale code. These are always very appreciated. And just to note, I see that Notre Dame De Paris is sold out except for the last coupla nights. That's a pleasant surprise (for me, who is not a big fan of this kinda stuff.)

Last edited by L'homard; Nov 4, 2019 at 2:20 PM.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
I'lll be going to both. It's just great to be able to see such high calibre hockey in our own backyard.
EDIT: Thank you Habs33 for the presale code. These are always very appreciated. And just to note, I see that Notre Dame De Paris is sold out except for the last coupla nights. That's a pleasant surprise (for me, who is not a big fan of this kinda stuff.)
There's only 3 shows, Friday evening, Saturday afternoon & Saturday evening.

Its not sold out. You might be clicking on the "SUITES" or "PRESS BOX" page to see there isn't tickets available. The ticket sales for all 3 shows are quite strong though especially given the price of tickets and the show still over 6 months away.

Johnny Reid is almost sold out, Jersey Boys is selling well and both the recent comedy acts have sold a good amount of tickets for only just going on sale. Sum 41 & The Offspring is doing ok too considering its a weekday show.

As expected I think that as time goes on they'll be able to better understand what shows will do well in Moncton and which ones won't. Given the success of HupCap Comedy fest here I think they'll continue to focus on bringing comedy shows to town & its great to see Avenir getting some.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 6:21 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure what page I was on, but it showed five or six shows, about half of which were sold out. Thanks again.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure what page I was on, but it showed five or six shows, about half of which were sold out. Thanks again.
Quite honestly I dont know why they put seperate pages for Suites and Press Box on every event when there's never any information when you click them. Its confusing for the customer as we saw here. They should just add a # to call for Suites and Press Box rentals on the regular tickets page.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 1:22 PM

MICHAEL BUBLE just got about in Halifax sooooo

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 9:21 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Anyone looking for a discount on the Canada vs USA game use HNBCAN for 15% off prices

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
Anyone looking for a discount on the Canada vs USA game use HNBCAN for 15% off prices
Tix are selling like the proverbial hotcakes. Quite likely to sell out I think. The excellence of the Canada - Russia junior game no doubt helped.
Thanks for the code!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 3:25 PM

New show announced

The Avenir Centre is excited to announce that "Scooby-Doo! and The Lost City of Gold", a live touring stage spectacular is coming to the Avenir Centre Sat. March 21 at 7 PM!
Tickets will be on sale Fri. Nov. 15th AT 10 am at http://TICKETMASTER.CA.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 1:44 AM

PRESALE ACCESS for MICHAEL BUBLÉ

(online only)
November 13, 2019 (10 am) to November 15, 2019 (10 pm)
PROMO CODE/OFFER: LOVE

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 12:14 PM

I set foot in the Avenir Centre for the first time last night for Sum41 and Offspring. Its a nice building. GREAT sound compared to the old Coliseum. Looking forward to watching a hockey game there.

On a side note. It was great to see crowds of people on main street after the game! Only thing missing was a hot dog stand just outside the centre. Parking is a non issue either.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 1:15 PM

For anyone interested the presale code for SCOOBY-DOO AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD is SCOOBY

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 10:48 PM

Old Posted Nov 23, 2019, 3:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

An interesting tidbit in a T&T article today discussing vagrancy, homelessness and the lack of public washroom facilities in the downtown of the city.

A city hall spokesperson mentioned that the city was in the preliminary design phase for a kiosk in the plaza in front of the Avenir Centre which, in addition to other things, will contain a public washroom.

A kiosk such as this was in the original plan for the Avenir Centre, and at that time, would have corresponded to "parcel C" in the outdated site plan below.

Times have changed however, and the "parcel C" site is now occupied by the Resurgo art piece which was commissioned by the city. I have no idea where the kiosk could go now, but I would wonder if they would locate it on a portion of the green space at the south end of the plaza.

The original thoughts regarding this small building included a place to rent skates to use on the outdoor ice surface, a small cafe or takeout to get hot chocolate & coffee, an information kiosk and the public washrooms. It will be interesting to see what the newer iteration of this kiosk looks like.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Nov 23, 2019 at 4:30 PM.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2019, 3:23 PM

Has the skating oval opened for the season yet?

Old Posted Nov 23, 2019, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
Has the skating oval opened for the season yet?
1st week of December I believe

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 4:38 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Skaters on the Ian Fowler Oval from this evening (photo from Councillor Greg Turners FB page).

Also, the Moncton Wildcats have a new "rogues gallery" wall on the concourse level of the Avenir Centre, with all of the team photos since 1995 on display. It looks very professional.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Skaters on the Ian Fowler Oval from this evening (photo from Councillor Greg Turners FB page).

Also, the Moncton Wildcats have a new "rogues gallery" wall on the concourse level of the Avenir Centre, with all of the team photos since 1995 on display. It looks very professional.
This may be a bit off topic, but according to the city's website, helmets are supposedly mandatory at all municipal rinks. Based on this image, I assume this is not enforced? Does anyone know?

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatTub View Post
This may be a bit off topic, but according to the city's website, helmets are supposedly mandatory at all municipal rinks. Based on this image, I assume this is not enforced? Does anyone know?
"Ice helmets are mandatory for children 12 years old and younger, and are strongly encouraged for all skaters."

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 2:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
"Ice helmets are mandatory for children 12 years old and younger, and are strongly encouraged for all skaters."
Helmets are mandatory for everybody at all city rinks regardless of age. If you go to a public skate at one of the arenas, they won’t let you skate without one. I’m assuming the only reason people get away with it at outdoor rinks is because they are not supervised.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces