HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Sep 29, 2007, 6:16 AM
SA 24th largest city

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtobias View Post
too bad the area is not nice.....nice views
adtobias,

what can you tell us about the area that's not nice?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Sep 29, 2007, 6:25 AM
SA 24th largest city

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoc14 View Post
I was afraid of that

you should check it out. it is a very unique part of the city with its hill top views.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2007, 7:17 PM

yes the houses are nice. but its the area that i am referring that are not as good as say alamo heights or olmos monte vista

Old Posted Sep 29, 2007, 11:46 PM
Bears of antiquity

Quote:
yes the houses are nice. but its the area that i am referring that are not as good as say alamo heights or olmos monte vista
I find the people from both those areas to be snotty and unyielding.

It makes the entire area less attractive

Old Posted Sep 29, 2007, 11:51 PM

I find it unattractive to judge people on where they are from without knowing them personally.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 3:31 PM
JACKinBeantown

Hey ydoc14, do you have the original photo?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 5:13 PM

does anyone have info on the condos that are going up at the old judson candy factory

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 8:56 PM

Quote:
does anyone have info on the condos that are going up at the old judson candy factory
A quick google search and I get this. Of course if you go to their official website www.sweetcityliving.com theres more about it there.

The Home Front

Web Posted: 09/28/2007 05:27 PM CDT

San Antonio Express-News

Construction begins
on Judson loft condos

Sweet! More South Flores Street condos are coming on the market.

Construction began this month on loft-style condos in the old Judson's Candy Factory building at South Flores and Guadalupe streets. The building was constructed around 1920.

About 75 percent of the 84 units already have been reserved, said Lorie Campos, a real estate agent with Downtown Dwellings LLC, which is marketing the property.

The units range from 750 to 1,500 square feet and $147,000 to $331,000. Just a few of the smaller units are left, Campos said.

The project will include three buildings: The four-story Judson Candy Factory building is being converted into 52 condos; a beige warehouse just north of the Judson's building will be demolished and replaced with a modern structure with 24 condos; and the Granieri building just south of the Judson's building, which Campos said was the city's first Italian grocery, will be converted into eight condos.

Phillip Allen, who also developed the South End Lofts, is developing the Judson project.

The Judson's Candy Factory Lofts will include a small park and a gym, and the units will come finished-out with concrete floors, granite counter tops, custom cabinetry and track lighting.

The project is to be finished in August or September 2008. More information is available at www.sweetcityliving.com.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business...t.2280cfb.html

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 9:35 PM
Endless Moments...

Man those are cool looking. I would so live there. It would be to much fun. There was a club that i use to go by there, they said they hosted "raves". Yeah they were not raves, lol, not by far...

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 10:06 PM

so it won't be a highrise. to bad the price is right and its in an ok area. I love highrise because of the views the get overlooking sa

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinNYC View Post
Hey ydoc14, do you have the original photo?
What photo?

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 4:23 AM
Bears of antiquity

Quote:
Originally Posted by coddat View Post
I find it unattractive to judge people on where they are from without knowing them personally.
Yeah, exactly.

See above my post.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 12:56 PM
JACKinBeantown

T

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 12:56 PM
JACKinBeantown

The one from the top of the hill, but without the additional buildings Photoshopped in.

Oh shit, I'm sorry. I just saw that the photo from from Maxus. Maxus, do you have the photo?

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 11:03 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

Alteza high-rise unveils interior details

Web Posted: 09/28/2007 05:34 PM CDT

Creighton A. Welch
Express-News Business Writer

It is now clear what you can get if you buy your “place in the clouds” on top of the Grand Hyatt hotel in downtown San Antonio.

The Alteza condominiums held a grand opening for its sales center on Thursday night, revealing plans and designs for its147 condos. Condos at Alteza — the Spanish word for height or highness — will be on floors 25 through 34 of the 1,000-room hotel.

“It's the only condo/hotel project in San Antonio, so it's unique in that sense,” said Alteza spokeswoman Andi Rodriguez. “We're turning a corner and changing the skyline and real estate in the downtown area.”

Though the sales center officially opened Thursday, Alteza has been taking pre-sale reservations and has sold 30 percent of its inventory.

If all goes as planned, the condos will be completed by this time next year.

Buyers can choose from 19 floor plans, ranging from 808 square feet to 6,400 square feet. The cost of these high-dollar high-rises starts at $400,000 for one-bedroom condos and runs up to $3.3 million for the largest penthouse. Two bedroom units will start at $600,000.

“We like to brag that it's like a vacation in your own home,” Rodriguez said.

The Alteza sales office celebrated its offical opening with a reception Thursday, where plans were unveiled and building models put on display.

Residents will have access to all amenities of the hotel, such as the fitness center, its dining areas, housekeeping maids and room service. But they will have their own privileges as well.

“They'll have a separate entrance and an exclusive pool,” said sales manager Kelsey Hertig. “They can also use their exclusive elevators to go to the 32nd floor where they can use a grill.”

The new living arrangements will have options including black oak wood flooring, travertine and black granite countertops and cherry wood cabinets. All condos will have 10-foot ceilings, except for the penthouses, which are 12 1/2 feet. Stainless steel appliances and balconies also accompany each residence.

There has been a wide range of customers for the condos. Local San Antonians have responded well, as have Mexican nationals and even an Australian.

“It's coming from all over,” Rodriguez said. “We keep trying to pinpoint who our target market is, but we've got such a wide variety of interest.”

Hertig said it has also been a mix of younger people who want to be in the downtown area and older families who want a simpler lifestyle.

“Here you don't have to worry about taking care of a yard,” she said.

The $285 million building is funded mostly by the city of San Antonio. Bonds cover $208 million while $77 million comes from private equity.

Austin-based FaulknerUSA is the developer on the project while Miami-based Arquitectonica and San Antonio-based Kell Muñoz Architects designed most of the building.

The active selling at Alteza joins other condo projects in the area. Vidorra, two 20-story condo towers, is underway near Sunset Station. And La Residenza will have four condo buildings in Piazza San Lorenzo off Houston Street.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 2:43 AM

When I visited the sales center two months ago I spoke with Andi Rodrriguez and she mentioned that 39 units had been sold (down payment made). Most of the cheaper one bedroom units on the lower floors were marked as sold, and if I remember correctly, only two of the penthouses were marked as sold.

The interiors in the units that potential buyers can choose from really are top notch. These condos should be very nice.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 4:58 AM
SA 24th largest city

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinNYC View Post
The one from the top of the hill, but without the additional buildings Photoshopped in.

Oh shit, I'm sorry. I just saw that the photo from from Maxus. Maxus, do you have the photo?
[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 3:41 PM
JACKinBeantown

Nice. Thanks.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 6:32 PM

That's the best photo I've seen on the Texas forum

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 6:35 PM
Meh

Is the Hyatt topped out yet? I know the mechanical penthouse probably hasn't even been started yet, (or maybe they're just starting on it), but is the broad roof finished yet on the building?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio