HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Fairbanks Court in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 12:03 PM

There are alot of these building like this one that the developers take there time and you really dont hear much new about them except for little blurbs. This building , 150 east ontario, park michigan, and intercontinental fall in that catergorty. The ones with the hotels componate i feel are in no rush.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 2:43 PM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

Well, this one never actually made it before committee, did it?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance View Post
Well, this one never actually made it before committee, did it?
Yes, it's been approved by the plan commission. That's where I got the photos of the renderings.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 9:31 PM
BANNED

^^^ So Bvic, have you heard anything about this recently or do you get the feeling the developers have put this one on the back burner until the market starts getting a little better...

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
^^^ So Bvic, have you heard anything about this recently or do you get the feeling the developers have put this one on the back burner until the market starts getting a little better...
I haven't really asked around too much about it. Been focusing on other developments, (i.e - the Chicago Spire). I'll ask around.

I did go to Hot Diggity Dogs the other day; they haven't been informed of any time table.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2008, 11:01 PM
THAT Guy

Another appearance in Crain's/Bid Clerk

http://www.chicagorealestatedaily.co...age.pl?id=2166

Chicago — Fairbanks Court Mixed-Use, 530-548 N. Fairbanks Ct., 58-story mixed-use building, April 2008, $100 million.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2008, 11:40 PM
Registered

There was a soil testing rig in the parking lot tonight. Not sure if this is any news.... I forget - is this the site where there is one essentially parked there long-term?

Old Posted Jan 10, 2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
Chicago — Fairbanks Court Mixed-Use, 530-548 N. Fairbanks Ct., 58-story mixed-use building, April 2008, $100 million.
I assume that's the bid for the foundation work? Is April the proposed start date then? Interesting, I was starting to think this was dead.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honte View Post
There was a soil testing rig in the parking lot tonight. Not sure if this is any news.... I forget - is this the site where there is one essentially parked there long-term?
Of course it's news. There has been no activity until this on site.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2008, 10:58 PM
Registered

^ Good. I like this building, although after all these curvy things, I'm ready for some big bad bold boxes.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honte View Post
^ Good. I like this building, although after all these curvy things, I'm ready for some big bad bold boxes.
Are you sure that you were looking at the correct site? I drove past last night and saw no truck, unless it had been moved or something.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2008, 11:58 PM
Registered

Yes, it was there, parked on the back wall. But it looked a bit strange - just parked there, not really seeming very active.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2008, 2:32 AM

Just wondering if anyone has any updated info on this building? Havent been able to find much about it. What hotel was planning on moving in there...does anyone know?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2008, 2:46 AM
Registered

^ http://www.graveshotelsresorts.com/graves-chicago.asp

The info is in this thread, but I can understand if you missed it because so many of the old article posts got removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance View Post
One day this will stop and we will all cry.
10.25.06 - Thanks a lot, Alliance! Now that we have cried, oh wise one, tell us what we shall do to get ourselves out of this mess?

"I often say, 'Look, see, enjoy, and love.' It's a long way from looking to loving, but it's worth the effort." - Walter Andrew Netsch Jr.

Last edited by honte; Jun 4, 2008 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Corrected the date because I am foolish

Old Posted Jun 4, 2008, 3:41 AM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

Its not over yet. No need to cry.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 4:57 PM
THAT Guy

http://www.chicagorealestatedaily.co...ws.pl?id=29898

Developer pays $11.6 million for Streeterville site
By Alby Gallun, June 20, 2008

Draper & Kramer has paid $11.6-million for a Streeterville property where it plans to build a condominium-and-hotel tower.

...The developer had been in talks with Minneapolis-based hotelier Graves Hospitality, which wanted to open its new Graves Hotel brand in the building. But a deal with Graves is “probably unlikely” now, Mr. Vitek says.

“In the current capital climate, it’s just more difficult to work with a start-up brand,” he says. “We are still looking at that, but we are also looking at other flags.”

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 5:31 PM

Is hotel demand still hot enough to justify another hotel in Streeterville? And W=A will be open in a few years, and 150 E. Ontario, and Aqua across the river...

It almost seems it'd be best if the bided their time, waited for the condo market to recover, and then jumped in with a pure condo tower, and time it such that they'd have little competition.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 9:18 PM
Chicago, il.- Malibu, Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
Is hotel demand still hot enough to justify another hotel in Streeterville? And W=A will be open in a few years, and 150 E. Ontario, and Aqua across the river...

It almost seems it'd be best if the bided their time, waited for the condo market to recover, and then jumped in with a pure condo tower, and time it such that they'd have little competition.
No, this is the best time (maybe not in the next few months) but in the next 6 months to a year to build for the future. There are funds (like mine) where we are just sitting on cash waiting for the low in the market. We are reaching or we are very close to that valley. You need to put your unused capital something so that it starts to work for you in time. These larger funds (1 billion or more) are desperate to start the flow of capital into something so that they can show their clients that they are at least trying to have their capital working forward otherwise why would anyone stay with a fund that is just receiving govt rates.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2008, 7:25 PM

D+K is a very patient and well-funded developer. They've got PD approval and now they've got the land, so their market and financial analysis now allows them to time the eventual development precisely to their liking to maximize the likelihood of success and profitability.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2008, 4:10 PM

Hot Diggity Dog Lot is being tested this week. No word on what the landlord is planning to do with the lot in the near or far future.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive