HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 4:41 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

SA -Bulverde Marketplace - 750,000 Square Foot Retail Center at 1604 and Bulverde Rd.

If this has been posted before, I apologize. Found this, Bulverde Marketplace to be built at 1604 and Bulverde Rd. on the far north central side of SA. 750,000 square feet of retail. Anchors could include Super Target, Fry's Electronic, Robb & Stuckey and others.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 8:07 AM
James

I was wondering when they were going to extend Bulverde straight south from 1604. Any news on this thing?

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 9:31 AM

Has the construction began on the Bulverde Rd. expansion north of 1604?

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 4:12 PM

can this area handle this much new retail

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 4:59 PM

San Antonio could use a Fry's.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 5:41 PM

Why does sa get so many large retail centers? or is it just that posters in other cities here don't post that info?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtobias View Post
can this area handle this much new retail
Being that we are one of the fastest growing cities in the US, my guess would be yes. Residential builders have a field day once new retail centers are put up. Usually it starts with an HEB (for some od reason) and then the housing market explodes are that area.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2007, 2:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed View Post
Why does sa get so many large retail centers? or is it just that posters in other cities here don't post that info?
I think we just get more excited about them here

Old Posted Jul 6, 2007, 3:43 AM

From the time I've been here I've seen these size retail developments posted on this forum as well as other city/region forums.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2007, 4:36 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
From the time I've been here I've seen these size retail developments posted on this forum as well as other city/region forums.
Yeah, Austin gets them too, certainly not as many, but we do get them. I always say I'm not really moved by retail projects so I rarely post about them. We also get housing developments, although it's usually the suburbs that get the huge projects that actually make the news. Most of the small to moderate infill projects within Austin's city limits rarely attract any attention from the media. I can recall a few apartment complexes and duplexes going up here in South Austin and they never even mentioned them. Right now even there's a new duplex neighborhood being built about a mile from my house and I haven't seen a single article about it anywhere, (not that I've been looking, but still).

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jul 6, 2007, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Since there are so many, it may be more beneficial to SkyscraperPage forumers if you posted all of these retail developments in one thread, something like SA Retail Rundown or whatever. It would be nice to be able to go to that single thread and track down previous posts, rather than having them fall to the bottom of the Texas & Southcentral forum to never be seen again.

P.S. It would be nice to have a similar thread for Austin retail developments. These type of developments are a great indicator of where new population growth is occurring in the city, or where it was previously under served. (or god forbid, being over developed)

Last edited by JAM; Jul 6, 2007 at 5:45 PM. Reason: Added P.S.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2007, 5:47 PM

That's a great idea.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed View Post
we may be poor, but we spend boatloads of money on disposable goods.

Fry's would be awesome. thats almost a shocker.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 5:16 PM

We're poor? Actually, the area around Bulverde and 1604 is poor? I know what you're saying is very TnC, you're being humorous. However, developers don't build these shopping centers in "poor" areas.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 6:18 PM
Endless Moments...

I think its rather obvious that "developers don't build these shopping centers in "poor" areas."

Anyhow, I drove through this area last week. I am gonna miss the wide open land, oh well, it happens. I can see it now, 5-10 years, toll roads, and endless concrete, couldnt u just die???

Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 6:58 PM
JACKinBeantown

That looks like lots of pavement over the southern end of the Edward's Aquifer.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex01 View Post

I think its rather obvious that "developers don't build these shopping centers in "poor" areas."

Anyhow, I drove through this area last week. I am gonna miss the wide open land, oh well, it happens. I can see it now, 5-10 years, toll roads, and endless concrete, couldnt u just die???
I don't see how you can continue to speak so low about San Antonio. You said you prefer Houston to San Antonio in another thread, well, I've been to Houston many times and well if you want toll roads and endless concrete that's the apotheosis for such that. I hate endless sprawl as much as anyone should but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2007, 4:27 AM
Endless Moments...

Well i will give you credit for reading and remembering my posts. I feel honored. Anyhow as a matter of fact, i hate all TOLL ROADS and sprawl, esp here in Houston, i never take them, they make me sick. However they are ALREADY HERE. Having said that i think its sad that San Antonio is coming to the point of getting those very same things, when they have avoided them for so long. Now whether that is due to poor planning or what ever i think its sad, esp in an area that is so naturally beautiful. So dont assume anything. As for me liking Houston better, its not based on toll roads, and sprawl its something totally different...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio