HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion

Old Posted Nov 1, 2015, 10:00 AM

highest income Vancouver neighbourhoods

I found this article concerning the highest income areas in Vancouver. Taking a look at the highest ones - e.g. Shaughnessy, Kerrisdale - the income figures seem hard to believe.

For example, it lists Kerrisdale as having an AVERAGE income of $1,277,431. http://www.canadianbusiness.com/list...-2014/image/5/

Wikipedia, on the other hand, lists the MEDIAN income of Kerrisdale at $131,769: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerrisdale. This is much closer to the per capita GDP of US$ 44,337 across the city of vancouver.

Does anyone if this article is accurate or uses some whacky methodology? Are there better statistics for Vancouver?

Old Posted Nov 2, 2015, 1:23 AM

I've lived in 3 of those neighborhoods.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2015, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebby View Post
I've lived in 3 of those neighborhoods.
Walking around those neighbourhoods doesnt seem to reveal such tremendous wealth, does it?

They key is average. If these figures were of the top 10% or some subsection, it'd be more plausible. I bet I can count on one hand the number of neighbourhoods with avg income in the 7 figures

Old Posted Nov 2, 2015, 5:42 AM
See ya down under, mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by building035 View Post
Walking around those neighbourhoods doesnt seem to reveal such tremendous wealth, does it?

They key is average. If these figures were of the top 10% or some subsection, it'd be more plausible. I bet I can count on one hand the number of neighbourhoods with avg income in the 7 figures
They're tiny elite areas of larger neighbourhoods - it is a subsection.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion