HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Signature Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 6:18 AM

More pics of the model...

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 6:23 AM

Absolutely stunning!!! Beautiful crown and beautiful base. I love how the entrances at the base appear.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 6:56 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker
No no I mean the VERY tip of the spire...
lol, just an observation
Reminds me of the Washington Monument when it had that scaffolding on it during its refrub.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 7:35 AM
James

It's beautiful, and the tip reminds me of the building that is going up in Russia, I don't remember what it is called, or if it's still being built.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 7:50 AM
Still cyber-converted fka

It's not ground breaking but it's a wicked design. Glad they made it substanially taller as spired buildings are at their best when as tall as possible, since the whole point of a spire is height... or something.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 8:53 AM
BANNED

It looks great I don't think it should be built in Nashville but whatever.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 11:14 AM
Meh

Awesome. That thing is going to be beautiful. This could turn out being one of the most beautiful buildings in the US in a good while. Go Nashville!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 11:17 AM
Meh

Is there an official article on this somewhere? I'll get it's building page updated at Emporis.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 11:47 AM
I'm Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorescottamanda
It looks great I don't think it should be built in Nashville but whatever.

With all due respect, why not? At least tell me why it shouldn't be built here. Personal bias, and uneducated notions aside.

The demand is there for this type of tower in Nashville. If you dont believe me, check out the Nashville Projects thread over in the "City Compilations" section and you would see the numerous amounts of high rise developements taking place as we speak in the city. The number is just boggoling.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 11:50 AM
I'm Back!

Also:

The skin of the building will appear blue on sunny days and have a silverish color when cloudy. The glass, diamond-shaped beacon at the top of the spire will shine at all times and serve as the FAA beacon

1,047 feet tall with 65 stories. The top 6 floors of penthouses will be 4,000 sq ft each with 24 ft windows

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 11:52 AM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Wow, this is great!! Hope this really gets built. Not only is it over 300m but is also very beautiful too. Great news for Nashville

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 2:50 PM
Lets Go Mets 2009 !!!

Ok -- I want one of them there Penthouses -- How Much? & do they take Discover??

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 2:53 PM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Where did this come fron? That looks fantastic! One of, if not the, best proposal in the country.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGII
Where did this come fron? That looks fantastic! One of, if not the, best proposal in the country.
The tower was announced over a year ago and it's went through a few design changes. The original design was very tall but pretty boring. A smaller tower with most of the elements of the current design was then unveiled. But I guess with the increase interest in the city for residential highrises (ICON in the Gulch sold out in day!), Tony G. decided to up the ante and make it bigger.

I was skeptical at first considering how much taller Siggy will be than Batman but I'm actually glad it was changed. The type of growth a tower like this can spawn is massive and there are some other Nashville towers rumored to be in the works (whispers are 40-50 stories but who knows). So it's likely if Singature Tower gets build that it won't dwarf the skyline for too long. Possible hotel developments seem to depend on what Nashville decides to do with as far as a new convention center is concerned.

There's still a big "if" though apparently. MDHA has to approve the final design so it's still up in the air. I hope Tony's sell is good and the committee members have a little foresight because a lot of people really want to see this thing go up.

Last edited by ariesjow; Apr 30, 2006 at 3:50 PM.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 3:15 PM

It is about time Nashville received the recognition we deserve. It took a 1047 foot building to get it on this forum and many others, but it's better late than never. We have 1.5 million people, an NHL team, an NFL team, the number 1 relocation city for the past two years, 13 colleges and universities in Davidson County alone, Vanderbilt University, the country's leading healthcare market, now home to Nissan North America, headquarters for Louisanna Pacific, the tallest indoor sculpture in the world with the Goddess Athena at the Parthenon, Nascar and Indy races are held here, and some guy from Baltimore says we don't deserve it?

Maybe it is jelaousy, I don't know, but those who doubt Nashville probably have never been here.

Currently we have 20 buildings over 10 stories being built with more to come and break ground soon. We just topped of a 32 story building in the CBD last week.

A 23 and 25 story tower complex including an Intercontinental Hotel breaks ground in June.

Last edited by doormanpoet; Apr 30, 2006 at 10:52 PM.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 3:27 PM
Hard worker

Congrats Nashville, that's a beautiful tower.

On another note, I would absolutely shit myself if I were to go out on one of those balconies at the top. If I lived in one of those penthouses, I am sure that I would never walk out onto those balconies.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 3:40 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by doormanpoet
It is about time Nashville received the recognition we deserve. It took a 1047 foot building to get it on this forum and many others, but it's better late than never. We have 1.5 million people, an NHL team, an NFL team, the number 1 relocation city for the past two years, 13 colleges and universities in Davidson County alone, Vanderbilt University, the country's leading healthcare market, now home to Nissan North America, Headquarters for Louisanna Pacific, The tallest indoor sculpture in the world with the Goddess Athena at the Parthenon, and some guy from Baltimore says we don't deserve it?
heh...uh...lets just simmer down a little here buddy. I feel ya to a degree, but the Bar Mitzvah is here so lets not ruin it by getting drunk off the ceremonial wine and yelling at Grandpa Eli.

Although I won't lie, it is funny to me that there are still people who assume, based on nothing, that Nashville doesn't deserve this and/or that there is no demand for urban living here.

Regardless, this is a gorgeous building, and like someone said it will hopefully be (similar to a new convention center) a catalyst for more large scale urban development in Nashville.

-Bob Marley

Last edited by BnaBreaker; Apr 30, 2006 at 11:00 PM.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 4:17 PM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

Hot damn thats one sexy tower. Congrats Nashville! First you get an NHL team and now a skyscraper over 1000'! Thats amazing!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 4:23 PM

Nashville will not be just known for country must now. Very nice!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 5:57 PM
I'm Back!

For perspective folks. This is the finished product in the skyline.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive