HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 10:10 PM
Resident Moron

I mean, that's a female reproductive organ and there ain't no way round that

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoOgE View Post
I mean, that's a female reproductive organ and there ain't no way round that
I don't want to derail this thread much further, but damn, you are absolutely correct. Hook 'em.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Last edited by The ATX; Nov 16, 2019 at 10:27 PM.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 11:02 PM

It's getting some national attention.

The University of Texas is giving its football stadium a face-lift, but people are saying the new 'Longhorn patio' looks like the female reproductive system

https://www.businessinsider.com/phot...vagina-2019-11

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 1:15 AM

THE University of Texas Pussies. I'd root for them

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 2:14 AM

Nothing could be finer
Than to run out of a vagina
On Texas game day.

This could be the birth of a whole new era of Texas football.

So's not to be sexually biased, they should design a penis shaped tunnel for the opposition to run out of.

Once this gets built, I hope all the football players make an extra effort to wear protection.

Would love to see a helmuted UT player carried into the tunnel battering ram style after each touchdown.

Ok I'll stop now...

Just checked with the people from the Guinness World Records and they said this would be the biggest vagina replica west of the Mississippi. The record holder lived in Washington DC and was married to former President Clinton. Honorary mention goes to Leslie Pool.

Every game day when Texas runs out of a giant vagina, Darrell Royal will be rolling in his grave.

Sorry, I'm really going to stop now.

And ya'll thought the horns down was disrespectful. Wait until the competition gets a hold of this.

It only takes one person with a properly placed beachball to bring together the integrity of the design.

Really, I'm done now...

The crew assigned to cleaning it are real big douche bags.

Ya'll should have agreed with my Klingon Bird of Prey comparison. I had nothing left to say on that post.

Last edited by the Genral; Nov 17, 2019 at 2:57 AM.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 3:29 AM

Must be a Texas thing. The Dallas Stars had the "Mooterus" jersey a while back:

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 4:36 AM

[

Last edited by Austin1971; Jan 25, 2020 at 12:43 AM.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 5:40 AM

The upgrades to DKR won't end the woes of the football program. But removing the arrogant head coach and most of his overpaid, over rated assistants would be a step in the right direction. Not a UT fan, nor do I wish to turn this thread into a UT bashing or report card, but they do go hand in hand. All these upgrades come at a time when, and I found this quite revealing, commentators on FS1 said after the game, years ago, this would have been a major upset. But now, not even a blip on the upset meter, (paraphrasing liberty here.) UT spends millions on making the sport venues all nice and shiney on the outside while concealing an interior that becoming more and more irrelevant every year. I think the idea was to build world class facilities to attract world class people. It won't work. Texas is no longer feared and no longer respected, and no longer relevant, at least when it comes to football, and throwing money at the facility part of it isn't going to change things. I was watching a football game UT wasn't even playing in and it wasn't being played in Texas or with any Big12 team, and there were fans in the stands doing the horns down. We're baaaaaa-aaaack Longhorns are becoming a team nobody is really talking about or taking seriously, and the silence is revealing and foreboding. Its a poorly coached team with no heart. If you argue that point, remember VY teams and Colt teams under Mack Brown and especially the 2008 team who succeeded by virtue of heart and great coaching. The soon to be enclosed beautiful stadium won't bring that back. Its karma after the way they treated Mack Brown whom I respected. If this is way off topic, then seriously, what more can we say about this expansion that is interesting other than its new tunnel looks more like a female reproduction organ than a Longhorn? The fundamentals of being a consistant winner doesn't begin with spoiling your coaches and players with expensive surroundings (do you recall those insanely expensive lockers)? It feels like aesthetics and just being 'TEXAS' have created a locker room full of entitled players and coaches, again. The same thing that occured after Fred Akers and before Mack Brown's tenure. And here we go again. Also Delmonte cream corn isn't helping the matter by coddling his coaches.

Last edited by the Genral; Nov 17, 2019 at 6:29 AM.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Nothing could be finer
Than to run out of a vagina
On Texas game day.

This could be the birth of a whole new era of Texas football.

So's not to be sexually biased, they should design a penis shaped tunnel for the opposition to run out of.

Once this gets built, I hope all the football players make an extra effort to wear protection.

Would love to see a helmuted UT player carried into the tunnel battering ram style after each touchdown.

Ok I'll stop now...

Just checked with the people from the Guinness World Records and they said this would be the biggest vagina replica west of the Mississippi. The record holder lived in Washington DC and was married to former President Clinton. Honorary mention goes to Leslie Pool.

Every game day when Texas runs out of a giant vagina, Darrell Royal will be rolling in his grave.

Sorry, I'm really going to stop now.

And ya'll thought the horns down was disrespectful. Wait until the competition gets a hold of this.

It only takes one person with a properly placed beachball to bring together the integrity of the design.

Really, I'm done now...

The crew assigned to cleaning it are real big douche bags.

Ya'll should have agreed with my Klingon Bird of Prey comparison. I had nothing left to say on that post.
^^^^Best The Genral post ever! Can't stop laughing.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 11:25 PM

Laughed a lot at General’s post #185.

But ya gotta remember, after the 2009 season and the fluke loss to Bama in the Rose Bowl, MB just mailed it in until he was fired. He actually disrespected Earl (a very stupid thing to do) and then tried to sabotage the recruiting on his way out - the complete opposite exit he made from North Carolina. That destroyed a lot of the respect he had built up in the previous decade.

He let the program go soft as marshmallows and left the talent cupboard very skimpy. Remember several years ago there were NO Longhorns drafted? Of course the Charley Strong hire was a horrible choice - worst coach in Horn history.

The jury is still sequestered on overpaid Coach Mensa. So we’ll have to see what he does in the next two years with his own recruits.... and whether or not he has the gumption to get rid of the nonproductive assistants.

I despise the way college football has been ruined in recent decades by the commercialization and TV dictators. UT has been complicit as all the rest.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austlar1 View Post
^^^^Best The Genral post ever! Can't stop laughing.
This pleases me

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post

But ya gotta remember, after the 2009 season and the fluke loss to Bama in the Rose Bowl, MB just mailed it in until he was fired. He actually disrespected Earl (a very stupid thing to do) and then tried to sabotage the recruiting on his way out - the complete opposite exit he made from North Carolina. That destroyed a lot of the respect he had built up in the previous decade.

He let the program go soft as marshmallows and left the talent cupboard very skimpy. Remember several years ago there were NO Longhorns drafted? Of course the Charley Strong hire was a horrible choice - worst coach in Horn history.

The jury is still sequestered on overpaid Coach Mensa. So we’ll have to see what he does in the next two years with his own recruits.... and whether or not he has the gumption to get rid of the nonproductive assistants.

I despise the way college football has been ruined in recent decades by the commercialization and TV dictators. UT has been complicit as all the rest.
Always good to hear from you armybrat, and I'm glad to have been a catalyst for your good response. Orlando will be gone next year. Herman should not be given more than one more year to right this program, but I have to say this, and I'm echoing what I have been hearing from die hard Texas fans, he is a terrible coach and makes terrible decisions. And in the words of Captain Kirk to McCoy, enough with the metaphors, and that's an order. There are no ropes in football.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 2:46 AM

Haters be damned. I support the coaches.

Let's stay on topic.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 3:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
Haters be damned. I support the coaches.

Let's stay on topic.
Well, if some of them don’t do their job, then the fancy new south end zone might as well have a team entrance portal shaped like a rectum.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Well, if some of them don’t do their job, then the fancy new south end zone might as well have a team entrance portal shaped like a rectum.
Wish I thought of that. As far as staying on topic...how much more can be said about the end zone expansion that hasn't already been said? This thread might go stale without a constant photo update or a little levity and/ or Longhorn sport related conversation. Oh, and loyalty to the coaches is noble I suppose, but that and 6.5 million dollars won't get them anywhere important this year. Maybe next year if they keep doing the same thing with the same coaches.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 6:00 PM

Quote:

Life-long Longhorn fan here. I couldn't agree more with you and the General.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 2:36 AM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

How can the #1/#2 most profitable college sports program in the country allow all of its major sports to live in mediocrity (at best)? CDC has stated he wants all of his programs to be perennially in the Top 10.

Texas football has lost 4 or more games in 10 straight seasons. OU (UT's biggest rival) has lost 4 or more 3 times in the last 20 years. Oh, Texas football has won 3 conference championships in the last 23 years...OU's won 4 straight (and is still in contention to win its 5th straight).

Pathetic!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 3:08 AM

Yep!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 3:57 AM

Well, they are not alone in underachieving land if there is a bright side. Miami, USC, Michigan used to be perennial top fivers. It was easy to dislike them (changed from hating them for the sake of decorum) but holy crap load of dung beetle turd loaded booger biscuits, why so many bad coaching hires, Mackovic, McWilliams, Strong, and how about these dandy choices for starting quarterback during that era with Mack Brown including pre and post Vince and Colt...Gilbert, Ash, Swoopes, and Case McCoy, how and why did he get there. To further the miscues of questionable coaching hires and quarterback selection, Andrew Luck was interested in playing for UT but wasn't given an offer, but those fabulous 4 were. Should we start blaming the ADs'? I like the current one except he seems to get the best things, but not the best people. He's going to get his Arena and an enclosed DKR south end zone, Bevo Blvd was a neat idea. I like that expansion. DKR when completed will be awesome, beautiful, expensive. UT's most successful teams managed to do just fine with less. I thought about this at work today, Texas for many of its seasons act like if they dress real nice for the ball, it will help them to dance better.

Last edited by the Genral; Nov 19, 2019 at 5:04 AM.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 2:09 PM

Don't make improving facilities a scapegoat for the team's struggles.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin