HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Park Hyatt Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Mumbai Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 29, 2008, 10:12 PM
ॐ शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
MUMBAI | Dynamix-Biswas Tower | 260 M | 64 FLOORS

Hi,

About a year ago, word came out about Mumbai's first supertall skyscraper, the mixed-use 301m, 85 floor (100 floors when you count service floors) India Tower, being built by Neelkamal Realtors in association with Park Hyatt at Marine Lines, Mumbai.

^ India Tower

What I didn't tell you about was the mysterious second plot next to India Tower's, also owned by Neelkamal, which also underwent site preparation. Well, a couple weeks ago the tower to be built on this adjacent plot was finally unveiled...

To be built by Dynamix-Biswas group, Neelkamal's parent company, the 260m, 64 floor Dynamic-Biswas Tower:

Some information on the tower from the developer's website:
Quote:
Salient Features

* Fitness Centre
* Cafeteria
* Power Back-up For Common Areas

Internal Amenities
* Earthquake Resistant Structure
* Built - To - Suit Options Available
* 4m. Floor To Floor Ceiling Heigh
* Façade With Structural Glazing/cladding
* Flat Slab Construction
* Wide Column Spacing
* Large Floor Plates
* Broadband Connectivity
* Telephone Connections Of All Networks Possible
* Leased
* High Speed Elevator
* Ample Car Parking
* Provision For Air Cooled VRV System, in Separate Room On Each Floor
* Smoke Detectors
* Fire Alarm System
* Sprinkler System

While only one rendering of this tower has been released, and no word of architect yet, this second tower is an all-residential building. It will occupy a prime waterfront location on Marine Lines, located off Marine Drive on the "Queens Necklace" and Chowpati beach next to India Tower.

^ A rendering of India Tower looking south toward historic Mumbai. DB Tower will come up beside it.

Both towers are coming up on former chawl land right next to Mumbai's historic districts, somewhat isolating them from the growing Wori-Tadeo-Parel cluster, making DB and India Tower probably the most visible skyscrapers in Mumbai.

^ A slightly larger, if granier, view of the rendering scanned from an advertisement about the tower. Note that the buildings foreground are just some graphics for the ad, and aren't there in real life.

I initially expressed reservation that the massive India Tower coming up would wholly overpower and literally overshadow the historic pre-colonial, colonial and art deco buildings. But now, seeing that Dynamix-Biswas Tower will come up next to it, and by the fact that both these towers will replace non-conservation-worthy infill, I now think that the shorter height of DB Tower will add girth to the small cluster, allowing it to look much less as an skyscraper aberration and more of a fascinating architectural juxtaposition of historic, colonial, post colonial and now modern Indian architecture.

Cheers,
Jai

--=- | Check out The Indian Skyscraper Blog - Chronicling the vertical risE of India... | -=--

Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 2:31 AM

Very cool.. I hope it gets built to compliment the India Tower.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2008, 3:29 AM

Interesting, very Frank Gehryesque

Old Posted Jul 1, 2008, 4:35 PM

I like the second rendering better.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2009, 4:23 AM
ॐ शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
An update..... according to the developers, the redesigned tower will be over 400 meters (1300+ feet) in height:

Here is a larger, clearer version of the rendering:

Finally, according to Skyscrapercity members in Mumbai, excavation and site prep is taking place, but not work on the skyscraper itself, yet. Construction was scheduled to begin soon after the monsoon rains.

The latest industry rumor is that the reason for the delay is that the tower underwent another redesign, this time to a design by Norman Foster, who is eager to design an iconic building in India. This supposed tower is to be taller and pyramidal in design. I guess time will tell which rumor is true.

-Jai

--=- | Check out The Indian Skyscraper Blog - Chronicling the vertical risE of India... | -=--

Old Posted Feb 14, 2009, 4:31 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Dang it! I really liked this design! I don't think that what's gonna take place will look better, even if it's designed by Norman Foster. That slanted atrium was amazing!

Old Posted Feb 20, 2009, 7:27 PM
Look at me!

That's huge and beautiful! Although I agree, the first design was much better!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive