HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted May 24, 2012, 1:59 PM

Great photos! My wife, kids and I went through Gettysburg and Chambersburg a few years ago and I really liked the quality of the architecture. Both were built when there was so much more interest in the the craftsmanship of building design, with fine details, that a tilt-up concrete wall with EFIS just can't compare to. I also liked the town squares in the PA cities we went through, though most now have too much traffic going through them and aren't really that pedestrian friendly.

Old Posted May 25, 2012, 1:49 AM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTodd View Post
Great photos! My wife, kids and I went through Gettysburg and Chambersburg a few years ago and I really liked the quality of the architecture. Both were built when there was so much more interest in the the craftsmanship of building design, with fine details, that a tilt-up concrete wall with EFIS just can't compare to. I also liked the town squares in the PA cities we went through, though most now have too much traffic going through them and aren't really that pedestrian friendly.
This is very true with Gettysburg as well. There are so many major roads in and out of Gettysburg, several of them meeting at the main central square, that traffic is pretty much a nightmare at least on weekends. Many of the other small, well-preserved PA towns are the same way, as you pointed out. That being said, with that much slow-moving traffic, it isn't really hard to still get around safely as a pedestrian. When traffic is moving that slowly, nobody seems to care much if you happen to cross the street in front of them, it's not like anyone's really moving much anyhow!

Aaron (Glowrock)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos