HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 18, 2020, 10:25 PM

THANK YOU. Been following these threads since 07. Has never been this boring. Ya'll are so woke now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Highway View Post
I would invite anyone with actual Denver development news to post something here. Nothing on politics, nothing on transportation (there's another thread for that), nothing about which neighborhood is better than another, nothing with put-downs of some person you don't agree with, etc. And perhaps another thread could be started to address some of those things that obviously interest some of you. But perhaps I am not alone in having joined this group because I am keenly interested in what is happening with development, not all this extraneous material. Of course, I can hear the responses - "Just don't read the ones that don't interest you". Okay, I won't, but can there be at least a few more items about projects? Thanks in advance.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2020, 10:40 PM

Development news:

1). X Denver 3 (22-stories) looks to be under construction now,

2). The 18-story Stonebridge Hotel DTC just demolished the extended stay hotel that it is replacing,

3). I would need confirmation on this but I think The Current in RiNo might have some activity on it

Those are all pretty significant projects. Anybody know an easy way to post photos here from a mobile device? I've struggled obtaining the correct URL link from FlickR and Imgur.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2020, 11:32 PM

Let's make a lot of rules and have 1 post a week, preferably a share of an article that all of us have read already.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 12:30 AM

Relocate?

Why not relocate to a Reddit DevelopmentDenver thread? We could more easily manage conversations (where TakeFive, wong21fr, and The Dirt could continue their own conversations in a post) and we could continue discussion on Denver Development?

It's also easier to quote and post images now directly to the feed. I started a subreddit here (that probably wont take off):

https://www.reddit.com/r/DevelopmentDenver/

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Highway View Post
I would invite anyone with actual Denver development news to post something here. Nothing on politics, nothing on transportation (there's another thread for that), nothing about which neighborhood is better than another, nothing with put-downs of some person you don't agree with, etc. And perhaps another thread could be started to address some of those things that obviously interest some of you. But perhaps I am not alone in having joined this group because I am keenly interested in what is happening with development, not all this extraneous material. Of course, I can hear the responses - "Just don't read the ones that don't interest you". Okay, I won't, but can there be at least a few more items about projects? Thanks in advance.
I could not agree with you more. I joined this group in 2005 and have enjoyed reading and being a participant. However, my interest in remaining with the group is seriously waning. I could care less what is going on in Phoenix or Seattle, yet we are constantly exposed to happenings there by people who do not even live here. I remember a fellow from Pueblo was banned from this group a few years ago, but I don’t recall that his behavior even remotely approached the level of arrogance that is frequently exhibited in this group.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Dweller View Post
I remember a fellow from Pueblo was banned from this group a few years ago, but I don’t recall that his behavior even remotely approached the level of arrogance that is frequently exhibited in this group.
That's why a subreddit is nice, because those types of discussions could stick to their own thread and you don't have to read though that type of uninteresting discussion to you (while others can still have it)

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 1:22 AM

I think a subreddit is brilliant and I am somewhat shocked that one didn't already exist given the interest in development shown on this forum, DenverInfill, DenverInfill's social media accounts, etc... I joined the subreddit and hope that others do the same.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 1:27 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
THANK YOU. Been following these threads since 07. Has never been this boring. Ya'll are so woke now.
Been following this thread since 1999, maybe 2000, and I can assure you it has been more boring. The easily bored among you come and go, some missed, most not. But others of us, we are eternal.

Fully expecting one of you instant gratification kids to respond with an “OK, Boomer.” But you don’t have to read if you don’t want. And I am confident none of you do anything so important that you don’t have 15 seconds in your day to scroll and click.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 1:30 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Dweller View Post
I remember a fellow from Pueblo was banned from this group a few years ago, but I don’t recall that his behavior even remotely approached the level of arrogance that is frequently exhibited in this group.
People don’t get banned for arrogance, people get banned for personal attacks and outright cruelty. And I don’t mean the “I hurt a millennial’s feelings” type of cruelty.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 1:37 AM
Ground Scraper

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 1:42 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

I do a pretty good job keeping DenverInfill's Instagram up to date. It's super non-committal and it's all the development candy you'd ever want.

https://www.instagram.com/denverinfill/

@denverinfill
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 2:15 AM

Ryan is on top of it when it comes to DenverInfill's social media accounts, especially Instagram. I don't really care about the longer discussions here but I think Reddit offers infinitely better functionality than this forum when it comes to organizing those discussions in a manner that allows them not to obscure the actual development news. Hell, I'm down for Reddit even just to get more photos from others that live in Denver.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 3:35 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

^ I've also been tossing around the idea of doing guest posts on Instagram so it would be more crowd sourced. Not sure yet if I want to take that on.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 4:03 AM

Why wouldn't Denver Infill be the perfect antidote?

You get the best development news including Ryan's great photos accompanied by primarily architectural opinions which you needn't even bother reading. That's how I've looked at the difference in both sites.

For whatever reason Denver has a lot of passionate and opinionated people. This is especially clear if you're a sports fan. Whether it's the Broncos, the Nuggets or the Avalanche where there's ~30 different teams per league, among the SB Nation of sports blogs, Denver threads are always in the top tier of busiest blogs.

RyanD's instincts are good IMO in that development density is central to the topic. In year's past I've witnessed more than a few totally offbeat discussions. But they could be entertaining.

I've followed real estate and development since 1980 in Denver. Two periods stand out. The decade following late 1986 for its real estate bust and recovery. The happier period got going after the Great Recession and continues apace.

There's been such a sea change since the Great Recession. So much is now controlled by the accumulated wealth of the Wall Street crowd (to pick a scapegoat) and change has been rapid in historical terms. But that accumulated wealth has also enabled all the development. While each place is unique, I can't think of three cities that have experienced more change than Austin, Denver and Seattle.

In any case and regardless of differing opinions we are all passionate about Denver, its challenges and its future.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 4:44 AM
Ground Scraper

Well, I've been here since 1992 and all I know is that the version of vBulletin used by Skyscraperpage hasn't been updated since then. I'm surprised that this site is even still up because it feels like it's being held up by rubber bands and popsicle sticks.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 5:10 AM

Updating the landscape

Well, I tried. After getting my med refills and finishing my Spring Planting, I used Denver Infills's Roundups as a source looking for new projects that were either leasing or pre-leasing units. BTW, I love the new Roundup format.

If there was one out there then I missed it (entirely possible). It appears that over the summer there will be several new apartments far enough along for pre-leasing or even leasing their 1st units. By the end of the year others will join in.

If they could permit these projects in half the current time it takes there could be a lot more projects under construction. Not really criticizing the process so much as just recognizing that there's a ton of projects moving slowly through the approval process.

The other factor if you think about it is that in recent years the projects are often double the size of a few years ago - certainly in their vertical profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Well, I've been here since 1992 and all I know is that the version of vBulletin used by Skyscraperpage hasn't been updated since then. I'm surprised that this site is even still up because it feels like it's being held up by rubber bands and popsicle sticks.
I know.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 7:21 AM

subreddit joined. let's keep it interesting

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 3:19 PM
Robotic Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Billionaires are the problem, not the solution. Ever since the Citizens United ruling, billionaires have discovered that they can buy our elections and vote themselves richer. So why on Earth would another billionaire be surging in the polls? I don't think I will ever understand what goes on in the minds of the vast majority of people. We're talking a solid 65% of the entire voting population that is now planning to vote for a billionaire (either Trump or Bloomberg). These billionaires are so out of touch with the working class. This is mind boggling.

My 2 cents, back to topic...

Development news:

Last edited by SnyderBock; Feb 19, 2020 at 3:29 PM.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 3:59 PM
[sub]urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
It’s easy to talk about changing policy. But what needs to change is the politics, and that’s a hell of a lot harder...
Give it two decades (at most) until the boomers die off or have to take public transit to community meetings, then we'll solve this.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 4:04 PM
[sub]urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Maybe it's a sign of the slow down? Not enough development news...

Anyone know what's going on in Fox Station?!?! I'm anxious to see what happens with all that ground RTD employees bought decades ago that they've yet to monetize!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West