HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 5, 2007, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFFALOVE!! View Post
what are screens? and i think a little more of a glassy color would be better looking but thats just from my perspective, i could never do what you've done so far so ignore my advise if you want.

Yes! I made it a little more glassy, but from the renderings there definitely are screens perhaps similar to what are on the NYT bldg in Manhattan. I expect that the bldg will go through some changes before it is constructed, so I will update as more information is available.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2007, 8:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares41 View Post
Yes! I made it a little more glassy, but from the renderings there definitely are screens perhaps similar to what are on the NYT bldg in Manhattan. I expect that the bldg will go through some changes before it is constructed, so I will update as more information is available.
Lets hope those changes arn't reductions. Anyway, Great job!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 7:01 AM
BANNED

awesome...build it and they shall come!!!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2007, 6:32 PM

^^^agreed. there are no modern office or appartment buildings in downtown buffalo.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2007, 12:57 AM

Quote:
^^^agreed. there are no modern office or appartment buildings in downtown buffalo.
I don't know, some of those Lofts look pretty modern.
City Centre Apts-1996

Last edited by Halovet; Jul 2, 2007 at 6:22 AM.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2007, 6:58 PM

^^ i guess you got me there and i guess there is health now and the key towers are relatively new but what a statemt it will be for buffalo when all the tourists are driving up to niagara falls on the 190 and they see the buffalo city tower, courthouse, healthnow, and the redone dulski. thats going to look sexy

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 8:17 AM

Quote:
^^ i guess you got me there and i guess there is health now and the key towers are relatively new but what a statemt it will be for buffalo when all the tourists are driving up to niagara falls on the 190 and they see the buffalo city tower, courthouse, healthnow, and the redone dulski. thats going to look sexy
Take a look at that pic of New Era, old Fed. Imagine how that's going to look after it's remodeled.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 8:52 AM
Green Man

Awesome news for buffalo, developments like these prove my theory Upstate is coming back!

Old Posted Jul 9, 2007, 4:07 AM

random but Bashar Issa is my home boy
http://www.basharalissa.com

if it turns out that he isnt the real deal then that would be the worst day of my life but it think he is legit and is going to Donald Trump Buffalo IMO.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2007, 3:23 AM

Cannon design just released this 3D tour of the Buffalo City Tower in an effort to market it!!!

http://www.buffalorising.com/story/b...ity_tour#entry

Old Posted Jul 13, 2007, 3:43 AM

On the strength of the video, this has become one of my favorites. I'm really rooting for this one to get built.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
On the strength of the video, this has become one of my favorites. I'm really rooting for this one to get built.
Mayor Brown says it's gona get built if it's the last thing he does. I believe him.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2007, 7:17 AM
nirvana

nice building design

Old Posted Jul 19, 2007, 10:19 PM

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the last skyscraper built (Marine Midland Center, now HSBC Center) in Buffalo completed in 1972 ?

I think this would be FANTASTIC for Buffalo, but isn't anyone as skeptical as I am that this is really going to materialize ? Does anyone have any concrete evidence that they're really going to go through with it ?

Old Posted Jul 19, 2007, 11:50 PM
welcome to the madness

I'm not sure what you mean by skyscraper--if you mean tallest skyscraper then your statement is true, but as far as other skyscrapers, Key Center is Buffalo's most recent.

I think there's a good chance this is going to get built. There's more money, interest, and development downtown than there has been in a long time. Bashar Issa represents a sea change in developers in Buffalo. A fresh face that could attract other fresh faces. The waterfront is still in limbo, but this area of Delaware Ave is red hot and will look very different in a decade.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2007, 12:27 AM

Yep, you're right... I forgot about those 2 buildings.

Well, good luck, Buffalonians .... If it happens, I think this will put Buffalo on a par with the 'other' big eastern cities. You deserve it ...

Old Posted Jul 20, 2007, 4:01 AM

^About damn time. It's sad to compare Buffalo current stature and importance to that of 100 years ago. It's as nice to see a post-industrial, post-railroad rust belt city spring back up to its feet as it is to see a seriously ill patient beginning to recover and starting to walk again.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2007, 4:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcurrier View Post
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the last skyscraper built (Marine Midland Center, now HSBC Center) in Buffalo completed in 1972 ?

I think this would be FANTASTIC for Buffalo, but isn't anyone as skeptical as I am that this is really going to materialize ? Does anyone have any concrete evidence that they're really going to go through with it ?
The developer just paid for the site and released the rough 3D tour of the tower
http://www.buffalorising.com/story/b...falo_city_tour

Old Posted Jul 20, 2007, 3:17 PM

Now that sounds promising ! Well, can't wait to see the sun's reflection finally bouncing off the skyline of Buffalo driving in on the I-90....

And while they're at it, how about eliminating the Great American Bison as the city's 'symbol', including removing him from their sports teams' logos ?

As far as I know, the name 'Buffalo' came from a French word describing a creek that flowed through the city. And also, if my sources are correct, there hasn't been any bison roaming the shores of Lake Erie in the past few million years.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2007, 4:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcurrier View Post
Now that sounds promising ! Well, can't wait to see the sun's reflection finally bouncing off the skyline of Buffalo driving in on the I-90....

And while they're at it, how about eliminating the Great American Bison as the city's 'symbol', including removing him from their sports teams' logos ?

As far as I know, the name 'Buffalo' came from a French word describing a creek that flowed through the city. And also, if my sources are correct, there hasn't been any bison roaming the shores of Lake Erie in the past few million years.
Ain't gona happen pal! The Nickel City (as in Buffalo Head) Is quite fond of The Bison to say the least. It's "The Beast of The East", and anyone who's partied there knows they party like WILD ASS ANIMALS. OH, what do you know about a last call for alcohol at 3:30 AM? Hell, and lots of bars don't even have a last call. I remember "Drink and Drown Night" every Thursday night at one club, "Ladies Night" everywhere else. It dosen't take a math expert to figure LADIES+DRINK and DROWN+ A "WHENEVER" LAST CALL = well, I think you get the picture. No, Pal, That Bison means a lot more than sports to The B-Lo!

BUFFALO: One Beast of a City Babe!
http://www.buffalobarfly.com/

Last edited by Halovet; Jul 22, 2007 at 7:37 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive