HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 11, 2017, 2:50 PM

I drove by there yesterday and, unless I looked at the wrong place, this building seems to be well underway. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2017, 3:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It could be, I don't know, I don't drive by the "competition" very much.

I do recall a previous rendering for this site which was entirely apartments. Perhaps this is a last minute rezoning to accomodate the medical clinic.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2017, 7:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I drove by today. Yes, construction on this building is well and truly advanced.

The foundation is in. The only reason why this is coming back before PAC has to be because "mixed use" zoning in necessary for the medical clinic.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2017, 7:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

In unrelated news, I see a large "sold" sign up on the old Acadian Lines bus terminal just south of St. George Street. Does anyone know whats up???

Old Posted Dec 11, 2017, 7:46 PM

I drove by the Old Acadian lines on December 3rd and it was still for sale, So it happened last week sometime

Old Posted Dec 11, 2017, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
I drove by the Old Acadian lines on December 3rd and it was still for sale, So it happened last week sometime
Looks like it sold 2 weeks ago.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2017, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
I drove by there yesterday and, unless I looked at the wrong place, this building seems to be well underway. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.
There is a building Next door that was planed to have more then a single level but what they did build is lack luster a single story building that holds a Respirology clinic. That might be what you have seen unless there is still work being done on the buildings before you get up to the lot coming from Mountain Road.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2017, 12:41 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Main and Botsford Webcam

Webcam feed facing west towards Main and Botsford intersection. Assuming its sitting on the blue cross building somewhere. Not sure if its been shared before

Old Posted Dec 16, 2017, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
Main and Botsford Webcam

Webcam feed facing west towards Main and Botsford intersection. Assuming its sitting on the blue cross building somewhere. Not sure if its been shared before
Thanks for the link unfortunatly the Camera feed seems to be down for the time being. I don't think it was ever publicaly shared but think the camera had been up for a while if it's the one I'm thinking.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2017, 7:58 PM

Three boarding houses on Gordon between Elm & Highfield were shut down this week. An interesting tidbit from the T&T: Ashford Investments purchased the properties in question for $1.4M last month. The homes are worthless and I assume they'll be torn down, so that's a lot of money for three lots (which happen to span the entire block). Let's hope that Ashford follows through with a nice residential development.

Article: https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tim...ming-house-mfd

Old Posted Dec 16, 2017, 8:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interesting indeed. Good pick-up pierre, thanks.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierremoncton View Post
Three boarding houses on Gordon between Elm & Highfield were shut down this week. An interesting tidbit from the T&T: Ashford Investments purchased the properties in question for $1.4M last month. The homes are worthless and I assume they'll be torn down, so that's a lot of money for three lots (which happen to span the entire block). Let's hope that Ashford follows through with a nice residential development.

Article: https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tim...ming-house-mfd
Acording to the province they purchased it for 478000$ not 1.4M but Yeah it is a nice Tibit.Residents where given 24 hours notie to vacate. as the properties are unsafe by the Fire Marshall. Here is the problem I have with this. They have been in the same bad state for at least a decade.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 1:03 AM

These houses on lewis/steadman were all bought last month and the power disconnected.

Assume all teardowns, hopefully not for parking. Gunny cause they literally just connected new underground service to Steadman house.. and the truck came back day or 2 later and disconnected it again.

https://imgur.com/zM1Yp4T

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 2:14 AM

They were given far more notice than 24 hours. CBC ran with that lie without verifying it, after an understandably angry tenant told the reporter that. Still horribly sad to see these people put out on the coldest day of the season, but nevertheless, the "24 hours notice" thing is cbc bullshit.
That notwithstanding, it's great to see new development but whenever this happens I always wonder where are poor people supposed to live?

Last edited by L'homard; Dec 17, 2017 at 5:12 PM.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 4:57 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The poor need safe and secure social housing. Quasi-derelict rooming houses just don't cut it.

Maybe we'll see some benefit from Trudeau's planned national social housing strategy. This could allow for some of these rooming houses to be demolished for gentrification and densification as the downtown continues to evolve.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 6:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

The poor need safe and secure social housing. Quasi-derelict rooming houses just don't cut it.

Maybe we'll see some benefit from Trudeau's planned national social housing strategy. This could allow for some of these rooming houses to be demolished for gentrification and densification as the downtown continues to evolve.
From looking at advertizing for rooms for rent most of these rooming houses will not allow certain people to live there. No Job, no housing. That sort of thing, and the ones who do the landlords/owners tend to do shady business practice like locking tenants out, and re renting. even not allowing tenants to get there things. So I do hope Trudeau's plan does indeed bring afordable housing to those who do need it. There are people on a waiting list that have been on it for a decade, or more, and these trash apartments, and rooming house are the only thing they can afford.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammn_guy View Post
These houses on lewis/steadman were all bought last month and the power disconnected.

Assume all teardowns, hopefully not for parking.
I see parking lots written all over the walls on this one. Parking is big business in the downtown core, yet no one is building garages.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Absolutely, but creating them iis the challenge.
I too await the PM's housing strategy bearing fruit, which now has funding in place. Hope we see quick results here in NB. Ideally, it will be made up mostly of rent subsidies so the poor can live in safe, adequate apartments instead of ghettos like we often see now.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 12:07 AM

Wow, great development just announced at Moncton Council Meeting tonight for Parcel B across from the Event Centre. Hopefully Hi rez images come available soon.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 12:14 AM

IT sure will change that parking lot. I believe this is 3 major hotels coming in the next few years.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces