HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
BTW Just submitted a new project Im doinng to the city today

329 N Diamond St·New Construction · Ref Code:VNP534
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Kim Hosch
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
2/8/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Construction of new 5 story hotel development at 529 N. Diamond Street. Building to have frontages on both N. Diamond and St. Joseph streets. Demolition required of existing warehouse structure currently located on the property.
This is awesome do you have any renderings of the new building?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2019, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Just an FYI but we decided on a place to hold our first meetup so for anyone thinking about joining us the details are below:

http://www.vuenola.com/

When: Friday 530pm-8pm, February 15th, 2019
Where: VUE Rooftop Lounge (1600 Canal Street ..14th Floor).. Springhill Suites/Towneplace Suites.. just use any elevator and that will take you to the rooftop.. nothing else needed to get up there!
****Feel free to come and leave when you want I just will make sure to be there for that time period.. Also come casual or in work clothes or whatever is easiest!

feel free to private message me or just show up and introduce yourself!
Who owns the house in that parking lot?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2019, 2:42 AM

Hoping a big retailer next to the Odeon will finally spur redevelopment of Plaza Tower across the street.

Julia looks fantastic, and can't wait to see the renderings of the N. Diamond project.

Per the discussion of New Orleans East, the Lowes has officially closed at Read and I-10. I was honestly surprised it closed since the parking lot always seemed busy. It will only be a matter of time before it is also covered in grafitti and further lowers the marketability of NOE.

Won't be able to make it to the meetup since we already have plans set for that night with a group of our friends. If another one happens at a later date, I will definitely try to make it.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2019, 3:19 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Who owns the house in that parking lot?
Me

Old Posted Feb 9, 2019, 3:23 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee32 View Post
This is awesome do you have any renderings of the new building?
Ill share soon

Old Posted Feb 9, 2019, 3:24 PM

Me

Bwahahahaha, that seems like a good idea!
You may be making some money out of it sometime.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2019, 3:33 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Me

Bwahahahaha, that seems like a good idea!
You may be making some money out of it sometime.
Ive been doing pretty well with movie shoots recently

Old Posted Feb 9, 2019, 6:38 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
would they go there with a nordstrom rack at the riverwalk?

I think a Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom would be nice there for sure
I think it'd make sense for either, especially since its on the opposite side of downtown from Saks

Old Posted Feb 10, 2019, 6:52 PM
-

Old Posted Feb 10, 2019, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
I think it'd make sense for either, especially since its on the opposite side of downtown from Saks

Outlets at Riverwalk for both Nordstrom & Neiman would preclude either of those for SMD unless they were to close a Riverwalk location. RH was pitched as a tenant way back when, I understand they are still eager to get into downtown although prefer a Canal Street location. Similarly Target City Store - or whatever the latest small format iteration is called keeps circling around NO proper. Macys & Dillards are very unlikely given the direction they are going.
Muji would be a great fit but more of a junior anchor size.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2019, 7:12 PM
-

The Fillmore

Pics I took Friday... Venue is great and so well done!

Old Posted Feb 10, 2019, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU_Forte View Post
Outlets at Riverwalk for both Nordstrom & Neiman would preclude either of those for SMD unless they were to close a Riverwalk location. RH was pitched as a tenant way back when, I understand they are still eager to get into downtown although prefer a Canal Street location. Similarly Target City Store - or whatever the latest small format iteration is called keeps circling around NO proper. Macys & Dillards are very unlikely given the direction they are going.
Muji would be a great fit but more of a junior anchor size.
To me it's hard to see a major retailer making that location work, unless we see several additional residential projects in the area. It's not very accessible for locals in other parts of the city (particular with parking) and it is far from tourist traffic, unlike Canal Place or Riverwalk. The exception would be something like a Target that would draw frequent visits from SMD residents.

Personally I don't see why they don't at least pitch another high-rise or at least Standard sized building for the rest of the block. It's hard to imagine there would be much objection in that area considering Loyola was originally designated as a high-rise corridor. The developers are well respected in town and the city loves to promote transit oriented development.

It does make me wonder if we'll see something done with the garage across from the Odeon. IIRC it's owned by the owners of the tower next to it on Poydras. At some point it would make sense to replace it with something more dense and it's becoming increasingly rare to have a full block like that with a single owner.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2019, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
To me it's hard to see a major retailer making that location work, unless we see several additional residential projects in the area. It's not very accessible for locals in other parts of the city (particular with parking) and it is far from tourist traffic, unlike Canal Place or Riverwalk. The exception would be something like a Target that would draw frequent visits from SMD residents.

Personally I don't see why they don't at least pitch another high-rise or at least Standard sized building for the rest of the block. It's hard to imagine there would be much objection in that area considering Loyola was originally designated as a high-rise corridor. The developers are well respected in town and the city loves to promote transit oriented development.

It does make me wonder if we'll see something done with the garage across from the Odeon. IIRC it's owned by the owners of the tower next to it on Poydras. At some point it would make sense to replace it with something more dense and it's becoming increasingly rare to have a full block like that with a single owner.
I like your idea I would love to see another high rise’s in the city. They could alway have a big retailer Occupy the bottom floors then have gave the top floors for residential and if they build another high rise I hope it would be taller than the Odeon.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2019, 1:09 AM

Old Posted Feb 11, 2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1 View Post
Wish I could come to the gathering -- at 1100 miles, it's a little far for the evening. Take some pictures of the evening for us New Orleans expatriates living far away from home.

The aerial pictures of The Julia are impressive!
Same here - as someone who's read pretty much every post here over the last eight years, I would definitely come if I lived in town. Hope it's a good evening.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2019, 5:52 PM
-

822 Baronne St·HDLC COA · Ref Code:1S0W76
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Natalie Deliso
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
2/11/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Renovation of three-story commercial building, including modification of storefront and installation of new second floor balcony.

1316 Prytania St·New Construction · Ref Code:1D3X3Z
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Victor Farrugia
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
2/8/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
This is new construction of one commercial office space on the ground floor, 2 residential units on the second floor and 2 residential units on the third floor. There will five garages on the main floor of the building behind the commercial office space. The garage associated with the office space will have will be HC Van Accessible. Each garage will have an electric charging outlet for an electric car. The roof will have solar panels to achieve a “net zero” on electricity cost for each unit.

ALso Ill bring the conceptual plans for my project on Diamond for the meetup on Friday for people to take a look at since you guys might find that interesting!

Old Posted Feb 12, 2019, 10:38 PM
-

Rouses steps closer to building a Freret Street store

A new Rouses grocery store on Freret Street in New Orleans is a step closer to being built after its developer, SSJ Investments, received approval Tuesday (Feb. 12) from the City Planning Commission for the business to sell alcohol and operate a food-processing facility next door.

The facility, which will house food storage and preparation, will be used for other Rouses locations in the area, according to the developers. The New Orleans City Council has to give final approval for the project.

The new grocery and warehouse spaces are planned for Freret at Valence Street, records show. The store would occupy about 10,000 square feet, and the warehouse would take up about 5,000 square feet.

Louis Vuitton is now open in New Orleans

Louis Vuitton now has a New Orleans boutique.

The French fashion house opened the 4,000-square-foot store last Thursday (Jan. 24) at The Shops at Canal Place. The location is the brand’s first stand-alone boutique in Louisiana. Previously, Saks Fifth Avenue sold its signature handbags and accessories at its Canal Place store.

Louis Vuitton is one of several new high-profile retail brands to move into The Shops at Canal Place. Tory Burch opened a boutique on the mall’s first floor late last year. G-Star Raw, a luxury denim brand, also opened. Louis Vuitton is located next to Tory Burch on the first floor.

The Shops at Canal Place, which is managed by O’Connor Capital Partners, is undergoing a two-year renovation, which will update its interior spaces, light fixtures and kiosks. Gensler, a design firm based out of San Francisco, has been tapped to oversee the renovation work.

In addition to selling handbags, luggage and other accessories, the New Orleans store offers a variety of in-store services, including hot stamping, engraving and fragrance refills. Customers will also be able to pick up online orders at the store.

Louis Vuitton joins existing tenants including Saks Fifth Avenue, Brooks Brothers, Tiffany & Co., Lululemon and Anthropologie.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2019, 10:41 PM
-

Trendy soft serve chain, new Starbucks opening in downtown New Orleans

https://www.nola.com/business/2019/0...w-orleans.html

See inside The Fillmore New Orleans, the new music venue at Harrah's

https://www.nola.com/expo/news/g66l-...t-harrahs.html

Old Posted Feb 12, 2019, 10:43 PM
-

The Garage

See plans for The Garage, a new apartment complex with car elevators

https://www.nola.com/expo/news/g66l-...elevators.html

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 5:52 PM

I've thought for years that Diamond St. would be a fantastic place for projects in a variety of classes. I doubt I'll make the meetup, but still exciting to see.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations