HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 3:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshsparrow View Post
Or conservative nightmare - anyone other than Trudeau or Freeland will give Pierre (I have no platform or policy or have done anything in 19 years) a run for their money... did you see M Lantsman on CTV - she couldn't even answer a question when asked 3x what a Conservative govt would do about the capital gains tax changes introduced by the Liberals - would you keep it or repeal it... axe the gax, make everything affordable, rage, rage rage - nothing about what they would actually do - what a bunch of clowns.
As has been pointed out on innumerable occasions, there would be virtually no upside to PP or any of his minions to elaborate on policy options to the Liberals at this point. To do so would only be to give the Liberals some ammunition to throw at them. If PP promised to reverse the capital gains changes right now, it would only allow JT to crow about how the Conservatives are the party of the rich and would let all the poor people in the country starve in the streets after taking over.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
As has been pointed out on innumerable occasions, there would be virtually no upside to PP or any of his minions to elaborate on policy options to the Liberals at this point. To do so would only be to give the Liberals some ammunition to throw at them. If PP promised to reverse the capital gains changes right now, it would only allow JT to crow about how the Conservatives are the party of the rich and would let all the poor people in the country starve in the streets after taking over.
If the election is indeed Oct 2025 - I think Cdns will be expecting some clarity... this was a terrible interview for Lantsman (she's usually effective)...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/cons...ange-1.6855455

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 4:37 PM

Quote:
If the election is indeed Oct 2025 - I think Cdns will be expecting some clarity... this was a terrible interview for Lantsman (she's usually effective)...

Do opposition parties ever put out a detailed platform/plan 1.5 years before the next expected election? I'd imagine more detail will be provided 1) If an election is called early or 2) when we get closer to October 2025.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 4:52 PM

Quote:

Hmm, here is a Youtube video of PP last September in Vancouver with some Housing idea's that he would implement. Its about 28 minutes but skipping through the French is easier. Most of the idea's stated have since been stolen and in that Liberal way Billions in borrowed dollars have been announced for Conservative idea's. Sorry Marsh the Liberal braintrust is out of imagination, money and time.If you want to know what the Conservatives plans are get the P.M. to call an election. Let Canadians decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etmvFqp9FNM

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 4:58 PM

Quote:

The polls show that Canadians don't agree with what you think they expect. Again, there's no obligation at all for political parties to present anything at all. They do so to win votes and support. If that's happening without a platform, why would they change. If it works....

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
The polls show that Canadians don't agree with what you think they expect. Again, there's no obligation at all for political parties to present anything at all. They do so to win votes and support. If that's happening without a platform, why would they change. If it works....
Not answering questions, bashing journalists and most likely trying to get out of any of the debates (like he did during the CPC leadership race) do not build confidence and trust...

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 5:12 PM
Beer me Captain

Quote:
nothing about what they would actually do - what a bunch of clowns.
Yeah, too bad they couldn't be more like JT nd the Gang, who bck in 2014 (12+ months the election) focused his policy on whipping out male genitals.

Opposition policy comes out when the writ is dropped ... always has, always will be.

Do something about your future.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 5:13 PM
Beer me Captain

Quote:

When did the LPC announce their policies in support of the 2015 election? Links please.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 5:16 PM
Beer me Captain

Quote:
Not answering questions, bashing journalists and most likely trying to get out of any of the debates (like he did during the CPC leadership race) do not build confidence and trust...
Man it must be excruciating for the LPC to be trailing so far behind such an incompentant fool like PP. I do wonder, if he really is that bad, what must that say about JT and the Gang if the plurarilty of Canadians prefer the CPC over the LPC?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
It comes down to priorities.

The JT Liberal governments have placed the priorities clearly on the next generation by focusing on ensuring we have a clean plant, and successful clean economy for future generations. The focus on children is also clear in past years. This budget was very focused on housing for those starting a family.

While most of us think they should be spending on defence, it comes with the reality that budgets don't balance themselves. Just now housing is the priority.
You are quite right, it does come down to priorities and Trudeau's have been catastrophic for the country.

It was Trudeau who opened the floodgates to immigration that has led to our housing crisis in the first place. It was Trudeau that has doubled our rental rates, real estate costs, and the national debt in just 8 years. It was Trudeau that has raised our taxes and imported cheap labour that has kept our wages suppressed and having the lowest productivity growth of the G7 since he took office. It is Trudeau that has caused the number of Canadians having to go to the Food Bank every month to soar to nearly 2 million. It was Trudeau that refused to do anything about our housing problems as ""housing is a provincial matter" until a year ago when e started plunging in the polls. It was Trudeau that talked about the environment and carbon taxes as the way to help our environment until he started to plunge in support in AC and then gave them a pass on oil, the most polluting form of heating. It was Trudeau who has saddled our future generations with a $1.2 TRILLION national debt that young people are going to have to pay for.

Yes, Trudeau has his priorities set for the next generation and clearly, he doesn't give a damn about them.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddog View Post
Man it must be excruciating for the LPC to be trailing so far behind such an incompentant fool like PP. I do wonder, if he really is that bad, what must that say about JT and the Gang if the plurarilty of Canadians prefer the CPC over the LPC?
The plurality gang want a change, want things fixed and are tired... I doubt the majority of Cdns prefer a Conservative fix... I guess if we go on track record - Harper, Ambrose, Scheer, OToole and Bergen and now Poilievre haven't had the capacity to rid us of Trudeau... talk about leadership revolving door!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 9:23 PM

So...how does someone get this much money out of China??

Douglas Todd: Billionaire owner of three B.C. malls bares soul on China, scandals and her ‘horrific’ upbringing
Analysis: An attempt to discover what “the wealthiest woman in Vancouver,” Weihong Liu, plans to do with the Tsawwassen shopping centre reveals much more.
Author of the article: Douglas Todd
Published Apr 18, 2024

Dubbed “the wealthiest woman in Vancouver,” Weihong Liu has for years not talked to the mainstream media about what she has in store for her three new B.C. shopping malls, including Tsawwassen Mills.

However, Liu’s business ideas, plus a great deal more political intrigue, are revealed in a feisty and tear-filled Chinese-language interview she gave to a YouTube channel, in a program that now includes English subtitles and transcript....

....In the rambling, four-part, 2.5-hour YouTube program, Liu denies rumours in the Chinese community that her Canadian businesses are a front for the Chinese Communist Party elite, that she was once a mistress of a high-level Communist official, or is the niece of notorious Adm. Huaqing Liu of the People’s Liberation Army Navy.

Instead, she strongly criticizes China and some of its functionaries, including for overseeing a stagnant economy and having a lack of “self-criticism.” She says she “runs the risk of getting arrested” in the authoritarian country she left a decade ago. “All the wealthy people who can flee have already left.”...

https://vancouversun.com/opinion/col...fic-upbringing

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 9:34 PM
Beer me Captain

Quote:
The plurality gang want a change, want things fixed and are tired...
You got that right! According to Nanos .. Conservative lead Liberals by 16 points – Jobs/the economy and inflation numerically top concerns
Quote:
I doubt the majority of Cdns prefer a Conservative fix
As the per the link above, the plurality does
Quote:
I guess if we go on track record - Harper, Ambrose, Scheer, OToole and Bergen
When did Ambrose and Bergen run??
Quote:
... and now Poilievre haven't had the capacity to rid us of Trudeau
Technically, since 2015 the LPC have LOST the popular vote in every election .... though because of FPTP, they've won the most seats.

Hey, speaking of FPTP, wasn't there something some promise about that way back in 2015?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 11:04 PM

^ Not that it makes a difference, but the newest Nanos has dropped and the gap has widened to 19 points. Behind the paywall, the CPC are 50 whole points ahead of the LPC, who are polling in single digits, in BC.

Nanos is incredibly unreliable though. The weekly swings in regional numbers is insane. It's very hard to look too far into the chaotic numbers, but Liberals were holding onto Nanos as a glimer of hope that one week they showed a tightening.

There are twitter rumors that Ipsos is about to drop a poll that have the LPC/NDP tied at 19% a piece. I'm not buying into that until I see it.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
^ Not that it makes a difference, but the newest Nanos has dropped and the gap has widened to 19 points. Behind the paywall, the CPC are 50 whole points ahead of the LPC, who are polling in single digits, in BC.

Nanos is incredibly unreliable though. The weekly swings in regional numbers is insane. It's very hard to look too far into the chaotic numbers, but Liberals were holding onto Nanos as a glimer of hope that one week they showed a tightening.

There are twitter rumors that Ipsos is about to drop a poll that have the LPC/NDP tied at 19% a piece. I'm not buying into that until I see it.
If that pace of souring on the Libs continues, soon shreddog won't even have to stick to saying "a plurality of voters", it'll be an absolute majority who'll rally behind the lesser evil (PP).

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 3:11 AM

Quote:
The plurality gang want a change, want things fixed and are tired... I doubt the majority of Cdns prefer a Conservative fix... I guess if we go on track record - Harper, Ambrose, Scheer, OToole and Bergen and now Poilievre haven't had the capacity to rid us of Trudeau... talk about leadership revolving door!
That’s possibly true, but in the absence of a serious NDP it remains a two party system.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddog View Post

Hey, speaking of FPTP, wasn't there something some promise about that way back in 2015?
That was an unfortunate move and reason to never vote Liberal... BUT nothing says unfranchised like the Conservative Fair Elections Act - wasn't Pierre involved with that? Stripping Candians of a charter right to vote seems very "freedom" and "fair" - what is his Elections Canada compliance agreement all about again (only leader to ever have one) - cheating? That screams integrity and trust in a leader.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 11:58 AM

Quote:
That was an unfortunate move and reason to never vote Liberal... BUT nothing says unfranchised like the Conservative Fair Elections Act - wasn't Pierre involved with that? Stripping Candians of a charter right to vote seems very "freedom" and "fair" - what is his Elections Canada compliance agreement all about again (only leader to ever have one) - cheating? That screams integrity and trust in a leader.
Yeah, requiring Canadians to provide ID to prove that they have a charter right to vote is terrible. Voting should definitely have a lower threshold then buying a beer.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post

Of course it wasn't real. Ipsos poll shows 43/24/19, though they're starting to see more and more people think that Pierre would be the better PM at 48%.

On the other hand, drunk Frankie is going to release an EKOS poll today with a 36/27/24 vote intention, so Liberals do have something they can hang their hat on now that Nanos has betrayed them.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
People are now tired of the liberal experiment. Those that didn't appreciate our lurch to the left shifted already in 2019 Most of the rest since 2021 that are reacting in an uniformed way to factors completely unrelated to their actual policies and maybe some of them would vote NDP with someone like Mulclair at the helm but that seems like it wouldn't change things substantially in seat count.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada