HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 1:49 PM

Luxury apartment building proposed for Doylestown Borough

Quote:
Philadelphia developer Arcadia Land Holdings is proposing to build a 59-unit, five-story building for luxury apartments on North Main Street in the borough, the first of its kind, borough officials say. Three more residential buildings and a multi-story Italian market, Tredici, are also among new developments looking to make Doylestown home.
https://www.theintell.com/news/20190...estown-borough

Old Posted Aug 10, 2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Luxury apartment building proposed for Doylestown Borough

https://www.theintell.com/news/20190...estown-borough

Very handsome looking building. Love that the suburbs are appreciating their architectural histories and building with their older buildings or creating new work that harkens back, but updates the aesthetics.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELPOLO View Post
Very handsome looking building. Love that the suburbs are appreciating their architectural histories and building with their older buildings or creating new work that harkens back, but updates the aesthetics.
Me too. I wish the City was as well...

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 12:55 PM

Redevelopment Planned For Oxford Valley Mall

http://levittownnow.com/2019/08/12/e...d-valley-mall/

I'm nerding out pretty hard over here, I've waited a long time for an announcement like this (including speaking with the Bucks County Redevelopment Authority and local council). Basically, they are planning a full overhaul of OV Mall in a multi-phase approach.

Phase 1:

"Della Porta said the two four-story residential buildings each with their own parking structures would be constructed on roughly 20 acres that today is a parking lot and the closed Boscov’s anchor store. The first building would have about 390 living units and the second would have 210. They would feature a fitness center, indoor and outdoor common spaces, dog park, pools, and full-time management, maintenance, and concierge services like dog walking on site."

They will be luxury apartments with Studio, 1 br and 2 br units. Once completed, they will look to overhaul the mall as a 'lifestyle complex' with restaurants, retail and office space. The township is also encouraging that the residential area includes a shuttle to Woodbourne Station to promote the use of public transit.

Naturally, the suburban NIMBYs are complaining about traffic, congestion and people....but this is great news for an area that could use it. I think it will be massively popular as well.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 1:08 PM

I flew into PHL last week and noticed a tower crane on a building that was up to about 7 or 8 floors, don't remember anything about this, I think it was around Cherry Hill, but then again I think pretty much all of S Jersey is Cherry Hill.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikieman View Post
I flew into PHL last week and noticed a tower crane on a building that was up to about 7 or 8 floors, don't remember anything about this, I think it was around Cherry Hill, but then again I think pretty much all of S Jersey is Cherry Hill.
Potentially the "new" Jefferson hospital in Cherry Hill. It's the old Kennedy hospital. They added a parking garage and a new 7 story patient wing.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 3:05 PM

Anyone see the story about condos planned for part of Oxford valley mall in Lowee bucks county?

https://www.buckscountycouriertimes....-buckscct-main

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokoon11 View Post
Anyone see the story about condos planned for part of Oxford valley mall in Lowee bucks county?
Article says apartments instead of condos. Either way, looks good! This would replace the old Boscov's. This is what malls need to do to to stay afloat these days.

Quote:
Six hundred apartments may be built at Oxford Valley Mall, as mall owner Simon and developer Cornerstone Tracy of Villanova requested a change in Middletown’s zoning Monday night that would allow for two apartment buildings, complete with parking and luxury amenities, to be built at the decades-old mall.
https://www.buckscountycouriertimes....-buckscct-main

Last edited by Urbanthusiat; Aug 15, 2019 at 3:27 PM.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 3:30 PM

Will these apartment ts be taller then the office building in oxford valley mall?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokoon11 View Post
Will these apartment ts be taller then the office building in oxford valley mall?
They will not. The office building is 8 stories (and will have taller ceiling heights) while these appear to be 4-story, wood-frame construction.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 4:58 PM

Very neat article with pictures showing Wilmington's evolution from the 1950s-2019!

https://www.delawareonline.com/pictu...te/1584933001/

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
Very neat article with pictures showing Wilmington's evolution from the 1950s-2019!

https://www.delawareonline.com/pictu...te/1584933001/
This is cool. I do wonder why they decolorized all the pictures from the 1980s...

Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 5:49 PM

Found another "Available" sign rendering a skyscraper in another colonial parking lot (just like the Jefferson Street one):

[IMG]Colonial Tower Rendering Sign by jonesrmj, on Flickr[/IMG]

Can you please stop falsely triggering my excitement colonial parking? I only want to see skyscraper renderings if they are actually going to get built.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 5:00 PM
Philly Rising Up!

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...ine#g/443258/1

This building under construction fronts West Chester Pike in Newtown Square. The frontage takes quite a presence from WCP. Also, it sits near SAP and Main Line Health. And, the Dupont Estate behind there is now filled with Toll Brother homes. This area has changed dramatically over the past 5 years. I believe there's a phase 2 to the Ellis Preserve development, but not sure when that will start.

Last edited by iheartphilly; Aug 19, 2019 at 5:13 PM.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 6:48 PM

Ardmore is on fire

‘We need to fight it’: An old Ardmore movie palace could become a luxury condo complex

https://www.inquirer.com/news/pennsy...-20190820.html

Quote:
The historic Ardmore cinema house hasn’t shown movies in years. Since the theater closed nearly two decades ago, the structure has housed a gym and, currently, an outdoor furniture store, which advertises in bold letters on the marquee that once listed the week’s movie showings.

Soon, however, the building may become home to more than a dozen condominium owners.

In the latest proposal received by Lower Merion, developers want to demolish the back portion of the building and construct a seven-story, 18-unit complex, said Christopher Leswing, director of the township building and planning department.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 1:46 PM

Downtown Wilmington

New Beer Garden, Markets, Apartments Give Downtown Undeniable Momentum

"One major catalyst for downtown’s dynamism is The Residences at Mid-town Park off 9th Street. Two-hundred upscale apartments opened just last year and, according to developer Buccini/Pollin Group’s (BPG) ’s Sarah Lamb, nearly entirely rented at 92 percent occupancy. Importantly, one year in, the renewal rate is above 70 percent, which means tenants are choosing to stay downtown." ...

"Among the most exciting of those new developments is Makers Alley, downtown’s first beer garden set to open in early September. Makers Alley will transform an entire block between Orange and Shipley, where BPG has removed one structure while restoring another, a vintage 1880s red brick classic that once housed a carpenter’s shop (thus the moniker, “Makers Alley”)."
https://townsquaredelaware.com/2019/...able-momentum/

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 3:40 PM

Obviously, as with Center City,nearby jobs would help immensely, but it seems that the “live and play” part of “live, work, and play” is enough to generate some progress. Wilmington is a relative bargain for that. It would be interesting to know the age range breakdown. It seems to be common wisdom that millennials favor urban living. I wonder how various other groups are represented here.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
Obviously, as with Center City,nearby jobs would help immensely, but it seems that the “live and play” part of “live, work, and play” is enough to generate some progress. Wilmington is a relative bargain for that. It would be interesting to know the age range breakdown. It seems to be common wisdom that millennials favor urban living. I wonder how various other groups are represented here.
There are thousands and thousands of downtown jobs within easy walking distance of this, and that doesn't include the Riverfront

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domodeez View Post
There are thousands and thousands of downtown jobs within easy walking distance of this, and that doesn't include the Riverfront
I'm not saying that jobs don't already exist there, I'm just observing that this is happening even without an expansion of employment.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 7:19 AM

Drove past a new development in Norristown at the corner of Arch Street and Johnson Highway. Would like to post a few pictures but I'm new to this site. Can anyone give me a hand with posting pics?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations