HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 1:38 AM

park north plaza renderings

here is the park north plaza leasing information pdf... which is not near as good of a design as the older renderings! it is 4 mb's

http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/8...9E37EF467A.pdf

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 4:57 AM

Wow that is disgustingly lame. There is absolutely nothing to differentiate this project anymore. I think it would have been better off for central park mall to sit empty than have this be developed over it.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 5:05 AM
Austinite

Wow, I do not know what to make of this?!?! Its drastically different from the original plans... Lots and lots of surface parking, particularly behind the complex... The old sears store (is it still there?) looks almost unchanged in those renderings. What about the mid-rise office towers? I dont know if its a good thing or bad thing, but details are lacking within this flyer... perhaps things may change (again).

One observation... looks like W Hotel's "ALOFT" concept will go up adjacent to the Super Taget, along Blanco.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 7:52 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Yep, that looks like an Aloft. So that makes two of those planned for SA.

Gosh, that site had such potential, I mean big time stuff. It should be a dense urban development with midrise condos and main street shopping W Hotel not Aloft. Highrise office buildings... something besides that concrete godzilla.

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; Apr 5, 2007 at 7:58 AM.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 9:24 AM
James

gross

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 10:34 AM

well i have to tell you that when i saw it, i was pissed as hell knowing that they are just gonna waste the time and the money building shit when they shoud be trying to get the property developed into it's true potential (a sorta galleria inspired development) highrise condos & offices and a minicity just like the domain in austin, but done with some flavor in the taste of san antonio's feel- such as bright colors, curves, water, the aspect that life should be a living party set in the design of the buildings and the exterior/interior of the minicity/lifestyle center that park north plaza should be!!!

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 10:41 AM

where the heck are you guys seeing an Aloft hotel on the flyer? did ya'll see anywhere on the flyer that there was going to be one??? as far as Aloft's venture into the San Antonion market, the only anouncement of an Aloft being built is the one within LEGACY, which will start in less than 60 days (that was 5 days ago). if ya'll found a new one that i missed link me to the site if you can i would love to read the article. thanks

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 1:16 PM
Austinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttwentyeight View Post
where the heck are you guys seeing an Aloft hotel on the flyer? did ya'll see anywhere on the flyer that there was going to be one??? as far as Aloft's venture into the San Antonion market, the only anouncement of an Aloft being built is the one within LEGACY, which will start in less than 60 days (that was 5 days ago). if ya'll found a new one that i missed link me to the site if you can i would love to read the article. thanks
I am speculating, based on the design of the mid-rise building in front of the SuperTarget... the crown of the building fits the distinct look of the Aloft hotels going up elsewhere, including Austin:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/alofthotels/index.html

Look closely at the building in the flyer and you'll see what I mean. I'm glad San Antonio is getting this hotel.. its a small, 'hip' version of a full-scale W.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 2:04 PM
Endless Moments...

Well besides what its lacking, i cant believe they are going to shut off Rector Street. That is a busy street, to get from Blanco to San Pedro (or vice versa). Hmm i dont know what to think, there was much potential, maybe there still is. That will also be 3 targets with in a fairly close range of each other...

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 3:01 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

Thatll be the second Aloft planned for SA...the other one being in Legacy...

This is a disappointing development....It looks as though the parking garage has disappeared from the entire development....not good. The Sears looks exactly the same as the existing one.

Its time for SA to GET WITH IT! We need more density restrictions and Sustainable building practices going on! SA has SUCH great potential to be an extremely modern forward thinking city, but this just shows that it is still stuck in the stone ages of surface parking and strand shopping.

Gross.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex01 View Post
Well besides what its lacking, i cant believe they are going to shut off Rector Street. That is a busy street, to get from Blanco to San Pedro (or vice versa). Hmm i dont know what to think, there was much potential, maybe there still is. That will also be 3 targets with in a fairly close range of each other...
I believe the plan is to shut the target on 281 south of 410. That is the hardest most awkward target to get to ever.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 6:17 PM
James

They aren't shutting down Rector, from the looks of it, it's going to curve upward instead of downward.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 8:00 PM
Endless Moments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
They aren't shutting down Rector, from the looks of it, it's going to curve upward instead of downward.
I dont know dude, from the looks of these pics, it looks like it does not connect. It would not make any sence to have a busy street running right through the middle of your development...

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 11:52 PM

mopacs... i gotta tell you that you couldn't seem more right by your analysis of the Aloft's design being mirrored by that hotel. thanks for the information and the rendering. i looked at them side by side with the NP pic zoomed in on and they are practically identical. thanks man, i love when people can answer my questions with a fact and not a perception, cause i do believe that North Park will (according to the flyer rendering) have an Aloft now for sure!

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 11:53 PM
<-- Tower of the Americas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex01 View Post
I dont know dude, from the looks of these pics, it looks like it does not connect. It would not make any sence to have a busy street running right through the middle of your development...

I take it they didn't draw in the exterior designs................I hope.............

Old Posted Apr 6, 2007, 1:06 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

I'm still crying at the wasted potential that stupid company crapped on.

The only hope I have is maybe in 5 years I can buy it and redevelopment into what it really should be.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2007, 6:24 AM
James

I've met with Mark Granados before, he's a very cheap builder, and is always looking for ways to make something cheaper... You would think with such a "high-profile" site he would step up his techniques a little bit.

And complex...trust me...it connects.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
This is a yes and no kinda deal. Rector from San Pedro to Blanco will no longer be a public street. In Fact, if you have driven down it lately there are street signs at both intersections saying its a private drive now. Dosent look any different, except for the signs and the massive potholes from the city no longer performing regular maintenance on it.

So I bet the drawings and posters on here are correct in that rector will still be there in some form, but probably wont look like the rector we know in that it will be a street going through a parking lot.

I wish that they could have coordinated all this at different times. 281 & 410 interchange messed up traffic there, so you'd wanna take san pedro & 410. No, thats all jammed up with construction too. Well, head on down rector to blanco to avoid it all. Nope, thats gonna be shut down too. I just hope that they finish the other two projects before this gets blocked off. I hate that part of town right now and I'm always over there for work.
"We marched five leagues over a fine country with broad plains, the most beautiful in all of New Spain. We camped on the banks of an arroyo. This I called San Antonio de Padua, because we reached it on the day of his festival." - General Domingo Teran de los Rios, June 13, 1691, in a letter to the King of Spain on the occasion of the founding of San Antonio.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
here is the park north plaza leasing information pdf... which is not near as good of a design as the older renderings! it is 4 mb's

http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/8...9E37EF467A.pdf
Is it possible to ever note perhaps in the title or at least in the thread itself what city this this is to be located? It would just be nice.

This is horrible and the city of San Antonio should fight it. The land is I believe very close to the heart of S.A's population center and is disgusting.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2007, 12:25 PM
Austinite

Quote:
mopacs... i gotta tell you that you couldn't seem more right by your analysis of the Aloft's design being mirrored by that hotel. thanks for the information and the rendering. i looked at them side by side with the NP pic zoomed in on and they are practically identical. thanks man, i love when people can answer my questions with a fact and not a perception, cause i do believe that North Park will (according to the flyer rendering) have an Aloft now for sure!
No problem at all! Among all the myriad of buildings in those renderings, the hotel stood out for some reason. I've heard great things about the hotel brand (which is in its infancy), and locating near the airport will be very beneficial. And you're right, the design of the hotel in that rendering reflects the pictures on the Aloft website, right down to those alternating, green horizontal 'stripes'

And as for the cross street... that has GOT to be annoying beyond belief. Are these developments required to conduct traffic impact statements for the city? Certainly the city would have had serious reservations about 'privatizing' Rector? I guess it makes good business sense for the development (people driving into the development).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio