HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 6:53 PM

SA Question

What building is this?
and Why hasn't it been finished?

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 7:06 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

That was/is supposed to be a condo retail development that fell through when I believe the developer got sued or filed bankruptcy (correct me if Im wrong) I believe the project has either been handed over to a new owner or they are in the process of doing so...I believe it is in the River North redevelopment zone, so I don't believe this will be sitting unfinished for very much longer.

...Ill try and find a newpaper article....

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 8:26 PM

^^^ You're right. The original developer defaulted on his loan. It was handed over to HUD who insured the loan. They auctioned it off to another developer. This transaction went to court, but I believe the developer that acquired the property won the case. They had indicated they were planning to rework, but ultimately finish the project.

I think the original plan called for apartments. It sounded like they wanted to work in some permanent residences. We'll see...

Last edited by kornbread; Jan 1, 2007 at 8:36 PM.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 8:33 PM

Cool.Thanks for the info guys.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2007, 12:56 PM
Meh

Ah, is that what that is. I remember seeing the crane up for this one a few years ago. Then that arched roof part never seemed to get finished. I never got close enough to it to check it out, I just assumed that was part of the design. It looks like an interesting project, it'd be great if it were completed.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2007, 4:55 AM

The new buyer of the property indicated in August or September that construction could resume in late October, but as of last week, there hasn't been any new activity.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2007, 9:18 AM
Bears of antiquity

That's a few blocks from my grandma's place, and last I checked in 05, it had cracked and busted windows.

I think they should build up on the parking lot across the way, and wedge condos in between the overpasses... that'd be hot!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2007, 2:28 AM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

The developer who bought the property is Cross & Co who is also developing The Vistana apartments (beautiful 14-story) in DT SA.

They then hired world-renowned Lake/Flato to update/redesign the whole project. What will come of it is probably on a hardrive at their DT offices right now, but I can't wait to see what they come up with. It could really turn a boxy mess into something amazing.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2007, 1:44 AM
constructor extrodinaire!

Lake/Flato is a fabulous firm....definitly excited to see what they do with this.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio