HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 17, 2007, 2:10 AM
Star Blitzer

Lightbulb

I thought this would be a great idea once I heard about hotel/condo development on West Peachtree, but I'm really hopeful now: I was in Civic Center MARTA Station today, and there are some doors leading out to what will be the north tower. Any official word on direct access from 12CP to the inside of the station? If so, patrons could use a card-access door and walk almost directly onto a southbound train after tapping a Breeze Card at the gates.

Damn, this is intoxicating!

Old Posted Sep 19, 2007, 9:07 PM

yeah thats good idea maybe when the north tower opens up it will be available

Old Posted Sep 21, 2007, 4:20 AM

Has anyone been informed of the malfunction of their webcam?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2007, 2:13 PM

I think it was turned off on purpose. There hasn't been anything going on since then.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2007, 9:51 PM

probably they pay money every month for that. now that construction has ended there is no need to pay money for web cam.
once second tower starts again i am sure it will be again

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 9:09 PM

Any news on when/if the second tower will get started? I really hope this isn't the end of this project...

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMidtowner View Post
Any news on when/if the second tower will get started? I really hope this isn't the end of this project...
I'd like to see them do something different with the other tower spot rather than a mirror image of the existing building.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 1:33 AM

^i wholeheartedly agree with that, however unlikely that might be... something that complements the existing tower and hotel, even if it might be shorter.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
^i wholeheartedly agree with that, however unlikely that might be... something that complements the existing tower and hotel, even if it might be shorter.
Let Portman design it!!

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 6:59 PM
Former GTC Deity

This picture is two weeks old, but this is what the second tower site looks like currently:

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 7:35 PM

2 months to go.... hopefully?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 9:31 PM

I feel confident that we will see the second tower materialize. Once the W is open and running and 24 AP + Post Allen get started momentum will really pick up and the area will be much more livable.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2007, 4:36 PM

Before asking about how long before a 2nd tower is started, look at the current state of the real estate market. Honestly, with all the write offs being taken by big banks on commercial and residential markets on a daily basis now, I hope it's not started til end of 2008 or 2009. Let the market stabilize before adding more units to it. Novare is being smart as are all the intown developers right now. When the market is right, start the tower as designed and complete the project. That's my belief and what I feel Novare should and will do.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2007, 4:59 PM

In a recent article (can't remember where) they pretty much said exactly this. They will concentrate on selling the condos already completed or under construction .

Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 4:40 PM
Apathetic...and Loving It

11/17/07

Didn't know the hotel entrance was inside:

North Tower site:

Old Posted May 14, 2008, 4:49 AM

The proposed North Tower is a horrible location. Why would half the building want to have a balcony overlooking 16 lanes of traffic? That's probably one of the biggest interstates in the world (I75/85 connector). Open the door/window and get a houseful of exhaust.

Old Posted May 14, 2008, 9:56 PM
JoeCooper

I'm guessing the site of the north tower still looks the way it has for 6 months now at least, correct me if I'm wrong...

Old Posted May 19, 2008, 2:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta View Post
The proposed North Tower is a horrible location. Why would half the building want to have a balcony overlooking 16 lanes of traffic? That's probably one of the biggest interstates in the world (I75/85 connector). Open the door/window and get a houseful of exhaust.
Noise is going to kill residents. Once I had a friend stayed in the hotel next to the connector, they couldn't fall asleep in the night. It was horrible. If I were them, I would ask for money back.

Old Posted May 19, 2008, 10:47 AM
Respect My Authorit-I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityFan View Post
Noise is going to kill residents. Once I had a friend stayed in the hotel next to the connector, they couldn't fall asleep in the night. It was horrible. If I were them, I would ask for money back.

Are you serious? I would think that there would be at least some soundproofing in the construction of hotel/residential buildings located so close to the noisy connector.

Old Posted May 19, 2008, 11:10 PM

The north tower lot is still empty.

What's the point of a balcony overlooking nothing but cars and asphalt? There are so many other high rises with more pleasant views and less noise.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive