HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 2:21 PM

Salt Lake City & MSA/CSA Rundown

Metro Hiking Trails

https://cdn9.dissolve.com/p/D1024_46...6_367_1200.jpg

Central Metro Ski Town, Park City

https://res.cloudinary.com/simplevie...76a575884f.jpg

Metro Mountain Wall

https://www.monaco-saltlakecity.com/...g-2504ddc4.jpg

Metro Mountain Wall

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/sim...e45961cf53.jpg

Downtown Updates, June 5 to July 22 - 95 South State

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbutah View Post
City Creek Reserve sent out this press release about 95 State (Tower 8)
City Creek Reserve, Inc. Makes It Official:
95 State at City Creek
to be SLC’s Newest Commercial Office Tower

SALT LAKE CITY – City Creek Reserve, Inc. (CCRI) today announced that Salt Lake City’s newest office tower to be constructed on the corner of State Street and 100 South will be named “95 State at City Creek.” The building will be the first high-rise development on State Street in decades.

According to Bruce Lyman, Director of Leasing for CCRI, 95 State’s downtown location and proximity to City Creek Center will offer businesses a compelling new choice for Class-A office space in Salt Lake City.

“95 State at City Creek is designed to appeal to today’s employees,” said Lyman. “Its central location and state-of-the-art amenities are designed to maximize wellness, sustainability and productivity to help our tenants make the most of their workday.”

...The project will include 498,000 square feet of leasable office space and an additional 39,000 square feet of meetinghouse space for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The office tower and meetinghouse will have separate entrances and will be independently operated.

95 State at City Creek will offer office tenants premier amenities such as dedicated executive parking, exercise facilities with daily instructional classes, a private entrance for cyclists with secure bike storage, automated window shading,
and personalized HVAC systems that will allow individuals to control their microclimate.

The building will also feature a 5th-floor garden terrace with 7,000 square feet of landscaping, a lobby with 28-foot floor-to-ceiling glass, on-site restaurant, and a renovated underground pedestrian walkway beneath State Street with direct, protected access to City Creek Center.

95 State at City Creek is designed to be the state’s first WELL Certified building with plans to also qualify for LEED Gold and Wired certifications.

Construction is set to begin this month with completion expected in Fall 2021.

###

Note to reporters: Architectural renderings attached to this email.

Courtesy City Creek Reserve, Inc.

Tower 8: June 5, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post

Tower 8: 06/05/19

The tunnel is now closed. This is kind of interesting. It looks like they dug down next to the glass building and found an old cement pad with a drainage grill on it.

Pic By AjiuO

Pic By AjiuO

Update - June 19th,- 96 S. State City Creek Center Pedestrian Access Tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusam26 View Post
State Street Tunnel
This particular entry access to the underground connection to the City Creek Center is being demolished. While still attractive and useful, it is unfortunately not capable of handling the crowds brought on by the multi-billion dollar development that continues to expand all around it. Its successor will be able to provide for the ever increasing traffic flow, in addition to a full range of attractive amenities such as retail and restaurants.

Pic By Gusam26

Update - Tower 8 - July 12, 2019

Pics By AjiuO

Update - Tower 8 - July 22, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbutah View Post
Here's the crane they delivered to Tower 8 / 95 State

Pic By Msbutah

Update - Tower 8 - July 23, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
Up-close images of Tower 8 crane:

Pics By Bob Rulz

Last edited by delts145; Jul 31, 2020 at 10:29 AM.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutonicpanda View Post
LA's traffic is absurd and much of it is self imposed. They should have added many more lanes on the 405 and fixed the 101 interchange but instead they added on in each direction and screamed induced demand when it didn't work out. It is comical.

Regarding the planned community, they should make the developer build higher speed rail plan from it to downtown or at least fund a percentage of it. That is a pretty big project and could leverage it to get things done in the city. I love SLC so much. I will be going out of my to travel through there in the next month.

Same here, I love the Salt Lake City area and hope to live there part-time within the next couple of years. Admittedly, I also enjoy many areas of Los Angeles also, and would never want to leave it completely. I love the Utah powder snow, especially around the Holidays and for skiing, also the proximity of the gorgeous mountainscape right at your front door in all of metro Salt Lake. But there are times when those L.A. bluebird 70 plus degree days in January/February are irresistible.

Last edited by delts145; Oct 2, 2019 at 10:07 AM.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 12:34 PM

Downtown Update - The New Hardware District

Images @ - https://hardwareapartments.com/gallery/ - Hardware WEST

Hardware EAST

Last edited by delts145; Nov 13, 2019 at 9:13 PM.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 11:54 AM

Downtown Adj. - New International Airport - Upcoming Additional Design and Artwork Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubguy3 View Post
This is exciting. Gordon Huether got commissioned to do more artwork for the airport, presumably because the art spending obligation has increased with expansion.

https://gordonhuether.com/news/addit...-intl-airport/

https://gordonhuether.com/news/salt-...irport-update/

Both of these are part of the north concourse east project so they will open in 2024. Nice to see the investment made but i will say its kind of unusual to blur the lines on what is art vs architectural for things that are mandated like this, it will be nice to have an art installation that is effectively a permanent part of the airport.
Construction for the now $4 billion Terminal Redevelopment Program at the Salt Lake City International Airport is about at its half-way point… and we are excited to share that Gordon Huether Studio has been engaged for additional scope and installations in the new North Concourse! The SLC team reached out and engaged Gordon to create significant installations for the new Concourse that would “tie into” the installations in the main terminal. As a result, Gordon and team are currently working on designs entitled Canyon 2.0 and Northern Light, which take inspiration and include design elements from The Canyon and The Falls, respectively.

https://gordonhuether.com/wp-content...HS_Airport.png

In addition to the several structurally-integrated art installations Gordon has created to date for the Salt Lake City Int’l Airport, a new installation designed by Gordon will adorn the Central Tunnel that connects travelers from the main terminal to the north concourse. The Central Tunnel, which spans over 1,000 feet, will feature Gordon’s “River Tunnel” installation and visually connect the art experiences from the main terminal to those in the north concourse.

After presenting several ideas to the SLCDA team, “River Tunnel” was decided upon and further refined. As in Gordon’s “Canyon” and “The Falls” installations, “River Tunnel” was inspired by the natural beauty of Utah and will be fabricated in the same fashion as “Canyon”: a membrane sculpture consisting of individual “fins” that have an aluminum frame, wrapped with Tweave Duratech® 570C fabric material and enclosed with a zipper along the back spine. LED lighting will be incorporated into the installation to further enhance the “river” effect within the tunnel.

Rendering of the tunnel without the additional artwork.

https://gordonhuether.com/wp-content...unnelImage.jpg

Renderings of the tunnel with the addition of artwork

https://gordonhuether.com/wp-content...52-768x576.jpg

https://gordonhuether.com/wp-content...-8-768x352.jpg

https://gordonhuether.com/wp-content...-1-768x432.jpg

https://gordonhuether.com/wp-content...-7-768x447.jpg

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 9:43 PM

I had to log in just to ask: "Who is actually impressed by this utter crap?!"
I mean, it's all the same cookie-cutter, cheap plywood, garbage, being slapped up over and over, and apparently people are actually pleased by the absolute blandness and total lack of imagination or ornamentation.
And, as if the total lack of taste wasn't bad enough, it seems like Salt Lake developers actively look for nice old buildings to tear down, so that they can then replace them with cheap piles that will be eyesores 10 minutes after the cement dries and will begin to fall down within about 5 years because they're basically made of paper mache and match sticks.
Oh well, I guess that gives them reason to tear them down in a couple of years and start the whole stupid process over.
I mean, let's not build anything to last anymore, especially since there's money to be made in wasting currently existing buildings to replace them with cheap disposable buildings.
For example I was reading that they're building an office building on the N.E. corner of 1st S. and State. I guess it's a good thing that they tore down the ugly `60's office building that used to sit on that corner, for no apparent reason. After all, it was about 40 years old, so that's all the reason that they needed to tear it down.
Apparently from what I've been reading on this forum, the only criteria people judge a building by is if it still has that new building smell.
"It doesn't matter that it's ugly, or made out of ticky-tacky, it's brand new! YAY!"
S.M.H.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2019, 5:01 PM

I empathize and sympathize with you SMH. Despite, or perhaps because of, its original sin, the destruction of Sullivan's Dooley Building, SLC has attempted to preserve and reuse old structures as well as, or better than, many American cities. Some cities (cough, Houston, cough) gleefully wipe our their cores every other decade; citizens be damned.

Change is inevitable, technologies change but memories linger. I certainly don't miss that old building at 1st and State but I do miss the old diner that was in that row. And the long gone Radio City Lounge nearby.

Yeah the new residence's look like they are built of ticky-tacky but denser housing is good and not all 20th century design, or struckture was worth saving. Enjoy whats good, facepalm the bad. SLC is a good place,

Old Posted Aug 10, 2019, 6:16 PM

You and me both nmed. I put the shame of the Sullivan designed Dooley Buildings destruction right up there with the demolition of the Coalville Tabernacle.

Personally, I would like to someday be able to at the very least faithfully resurrect the exterior treatments of buildings such as The Dooley or The Templeton Hotel. Many of the attractive structures built around the 1890's-1910 were beautifully ornamented, but the interior skeletons of many, unfortunately, were not built to last. While not true for the Dooley, it was the case for many public and institutional buildings. Today's techniques are much stronger, I just wish we could also have the craftsmanship added to the exteriors as in the pioneer past.

In all fairness though, the styles of today's cookie-cutter residential apartment buildings being constructed nationally, are typically far more attractive than those of the post-war '50s,'60s, and '70s. Also, to Salt Lake City's credit, much of the exterior of the residential construction is treated with a variety of attractive materials, such as brick, stone, attractive metals, cedar or some other such Hardee board type planking. Unlike much of what is going up around me with Central L.A's mid-rises, the majority if not 100% is the cheap sprayed on stucco look.

Finally, I'm a devout lover of the great designs of the past. Give me Beaux Art, Art Deco, or Italianate, etc. and I'll be overjoyed. However, Imo there has been a lot of contemporary go up lately in the Salt Lake market, which is both very chic and stunningly attractive. For every mediocre commercial or residential structure that is going up in Metro Salt Lake I can post a dozen shots of highly attractive developments.

Edit: To be sure though, I think many of the High-rise towers going up in Los Angeles are very attractive. I just wish that much of the mid-rise residential, which many will typically have a decent design, would also use some interesting materials. Leave the stucco look as a minor accent only, not the entire building, with only a variety of paint colors.

Last edited by delts145; Aug 10, 2019 at 6:31 PM.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2019, 6:50 PM

Update, Downtown Adj. - Central Ninth District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post

Yet another Central 9th project. 915 Jefferson

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 10:27 PM

Downtown Update - Block 67 (The West Quarter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
Block 67 (The West Quarter) will probably start in Late September. I did find the following under permit requests:

https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=
The West Quarter Apartments
300 w @ 105 S Salt Lake City, UT 84101

The West Quarter is a contemporary mixed use development project located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. Located adjacent to Vivint Smart Home Arena and a short walk from City Creek and Temple Square.
Construction is scheduled to begin Q2 2019. https://www.theritchiegroup.com/west-quarter-apartments

West Quarter Element/Aloft Hotel

300 w @ 105 S Salt Lake City, UT 84101
The West Quarter is a contemporary mixed use development project located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. The Class A luxury apartments and ground floor retail are adjacent to Vivint Smart Home Arena
and a short walk from City Creek and Temple Square. Construction is scheduled to begin Q2 2019.
https://www.theritchiegroup.com/portland-broadway

Last edited by delts145; Sep 29, 2019 at 2:23 PM.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 11:34 AM

Central Metro/East - Mayflower Mountain Resort - First Look: Sundance's New "Resort Mecca" to Feature Luxury Homes, 5 New Ski Lifts

Paul Benson, of Engel & Volkers, credits two factors for Park City's allure: While the 2002 Winter Olympics helped get the ball rolling, he says, the film festival and its own continued growth (nearly 125,000 people attended in 2018 with, by one estimate, $191.2 million in economic impact) has arguably moved the needle much further. "Sundance put us on the map," Benson says. "The film festival exposed this town to people who probably would never have come to Utah, and it has helped create a resort real estate mecca."

Peter Kiefer for the Hollywood Reporter - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...hotels-1178296

Massive villages are planned for Park City and the surrounding area to appeal to the film festival crowd that "probably would never have come to Utah."
Sundance isn't the only attraction that lures Hollywood to the slopes of Park City. Justin Bieber, Katherine Heigl and Will Smith all own homes in the area (Jeffrey Katzenberg recently sold one) prized for its great skiing and easy access from L.A. (less than two hours' flight to nearby Salt Lake City).

Now entertainment industry second-home hunters can look forward to a massive development project underway just a few miles southeast of Park City's main drag. Envisioned as an eastern portal of the Deer Valley Resort, this new ski village almost certainly will extend the footprint of the Sundance Film Festival.

In September, officials from Wasatch County approved a plan — the largest project in county history — hatched by New York-based Extell Development Co. to build a high-end destination resort, Mayflower Mountain, at the Mayflower exit off U.S. Route 40. "We're talking about 3.2 million square feet of development, so this is bigger than any concentrated area of Deer Valley," says Engel & Volkers broker Mark Sletten, who's based in Park City.

Headed up by Gary Barnett, Extell is one of the most prolific residential developers in New York City. In 2017, Extell purchased 2,300 acres of land west of the Jordanelle Reservoir (see map); the Mayflower Mountain Resort will stretch across 940 acres of that land.

Courtesy of Extell Development Company
A rendering of the planned Mayflower Mountain Resort on U.S. Route 4 that will provide access to Deer Valley skiing without driving through Park City.

The plan, rolling out in phases over the next two decades, will result in 1,500 residential units — a mixture of homes, hotel rooms and condominiums, most will be in the luxury price range (around $1,500 per square foot). Among the several planned hotels, at least one will be five-star, with another dedicated to members of the military. More than 250,000 square feet of commercial and retail space are planned, along with a 68,000-square-foot recreation center and 95,000 square feet of housing set aside for the future Mayflower workforce. Five new Deer Valley ski lifts will be added, as will extensive skiable terrain.

Courtesy of Extell Development Company

The greenlighting of the Mayflower caps a five-year boom in local real estate. The median 2018 sale price of a Park City home was $585,000, up 8 percent from 2017, with total market volume up 3 percent, according to figures provided by The Agency — the Beverly Hills real estate powerhouse that opened its first Park City office in July.

Two of the area's luxury resorts — Montage and Stein Eriksen — also are expanding and upgrading. And a new Pendry resort is under construction in Park City, set to open in the winter of 2021 (Pendry is a subsidiary of Montage) with 150 rooms and suites, along with luxury residences ranging from studios to four-bedroom homes. The Stein Eriksen Lodge just finished a $14 million renovation that includes a new restaurant, an entertainment space, a theater, cafe and apres-ski outdoor heated plaza.

Courtesy of Pendry Team
An architectural rendering of a home at the Pendry Residencies, set to open in 2021 in Canyons Village.

Paul Benson, also of Engel & Volkers, credits two factors for Park City's allure: While the 2002 Winter Olympics helped get the ball rolling, he says, the film festival and its own continued growth (nearly 125,000 people attended in 2018 with, by one estimate, $191.2 million in economic impact) has arguably moved the needle much further. "Sundance put us on the map," Benson says. "The film festival exposed this town to people who probably would never have come to Utah, and it has helped create a resort real estate mecca."

Last edited by delts145; Aug 13, 2019 at 12:16 PM.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 12:08 PM

...Update, Continued From Above

Eastern Metro - Developer plans to make Utah site the first new full-service ski resort in the country since 1980

Project underway for Mayflower Resort west of Jordanelle, adjacement to Deer Valley

Amy Donaldson - Deseret News - https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ince-1980.html

PARK CITY — For nearly 40 years, no developer has managed to build and open a new, full-service ski resort, but it's not because there wasn't demand for one or a desire to do so.

"I know that the mountains are littered with developers who thought they were going to do something and nothing happened," said Gary Barnett, founder and
chairman of Extell Development Company, who unveiled plans Monday for a ski resort and village that includes hotels, condominiums and residential housing.

"I mean, nothing has really been done in the country in the last 30 years, since Beaver Creek, really. … It's so hard to do."...

Looking east toward Jordanelle Reservoir, Extell Development team members show the area where they plan to build the new Mayflower Mountain Resort near Deer Valley on Monday, Aug. 12, 2019. Photo By Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News

So what makes a guy who doesn't even ski think he can do what no one else has managed since 1980? A unique set of circumstances and colleagues with a vision.

"I think once again, one of the important things for us was the ability to tap into tax increment financing," he said, referring to the fact that Wasatch County had designated the Mayflower Resort area as a place where Utah's Military Industrial Development Agency could build a recreation hotel, which returns some of the property tax generated from development to developers in exchange for reduced fees for military personnel.

"The fact that MIDA is there, supporting it and helping speed up the process, was a very necessary component for me to get involved. I would not have gotten involved otherwise," Barnett said. "The fact that we're on the same mountain as Deer Valley, that's a good starting point," he said. "And the fact that we've done a long term lease with them also helps. But certainly those things convinced me to go ahead and take this gamble...

...The project — Mayflower Mountain Resort — is ambitious in its scope, with plans for 5,600 acres that are just west of U.S. 40 and Jordanelle Reservoir (near Exit 8) and adjacent to Deer Valley that includes 1,520 residential units, 825 hotel rooms and commercial units and 600 skier parking spaces.

It will be the first recreation project created to work with the military for the state, said Kurt Krieg, vice president of development. The Military Industrial Development Agency is a state-run economic development entity with a military focus, which in this case, offers ski resort vacation opportunities to military personnel at a fraction of the cost...

Among the advantages the new resort will have is its proximity to one of the nation's top rated resorts — Deer Valley.

"We have the ability to connect to Deer Valley," Barnett said, noting that Extell just renegotiated a lease of land to Deer Valley that makes the future more predictable for both entities.

"Obviously, they'd have to purchase a Deer Valley ticket, but there is that ability to provide skiing. We feel like the access from our side of the mountain is exceptional."

The location of Mayflower may offer it some unique advantages that other start-ups don't enjoy, including 35 minutes and no stop lights from the Salt Lake City International Airport to the freeway exit.

"There is no other resort of this scale, maybe around the world, that I know of that is 35 minutes from a major, international airport," he said. "It's going to have access to everywhere. … That's the No. 1 thing Utah has going for it is this access. And we have straight highway, no traffic lights. … So we've got everything in our favor to get this thing done."

The goal is to have the village and some ski runs open within five years...It also hopes to be supportive, if not involved in, Utah's bid for another Winter Olympics in 2030 or 2034. "We love the idea, and we'd love to be involved in it," he said. "Anything we do would have to be coordinated with Deer Valley and the state of Utah, but we certainly love the idea of playing a very active role. We hope we get it in 2030."

Work on one of three water tanks is underway for the new Mayflower Mountain Resort near Deer Valley on Monday, Aug. 12, 2019. Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News

Some of what Barnett and his team envision is similar to what's out there. Some of it is unique. But before they can begin to build anything, they are conducting a voluntary cleanup of the mountain, because the last mining companies left in 1969 without the resources to clean up any contamination. The land has been vacant, even as development occurred around it, in part because of the contamination and in part because it was owned by a foreign trust with a trustee who sought a higher price than anyone was willing to pay.

As the trustees re-negotiated representation, the land became available and then it was a matter of cleaning up the contamination in order to develop it in the ways Extell envisions.

On Monday, several members of the Extell team and the Military Industrial Development Agency representatives took media on a tour of the picturesque site, pointing out where ski lifts might be, where water tanks will be installed and how cleanup will work.

In some places, as much as 18 inches of soil is being removed and it will be taken to a central location and capped, as is standard in these types of cases, according to Krieg, who led the tour.

While no other full service resort has opened in the U.S. since 1980, about a half dozen terrain parks or ski resorts without on-site lodging have opened, including Cherry Peak, which is 20 minutes outside Logan, and two hours north of Salt Lake City. But nothing like most of Utah's resorts — and nothing like what Extell has planned for Mayflower Resort.

"We have the makings of a really beautiful resort town," he said. "And that's what we're looking at doing."

An artist rendering shows the finished development of the new Mayflower Mountain Resort near Jordanelle Reservoir and Deer Valley Resort on Monday, Aug. 12, 2019. Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News.

Last edited by delts145; Aug 19, 2019 at 2:48 PM.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 2:18 PM

Eastern Metro - Black Rock Mountain Resort Development

Perfectly situated adjacent to the Jordanelle Reservoir and minutes from the Deer Valley and Park City ski resorts, Black Rock Mountain Resort (BRMR) is primed to become a true world class four-season destination.
Guests will have easy access to skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and other winter activities in addition to fishing, boating, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, golfing, and countless other outdoor activities.
As the newest addition to the Park City/Jordanelle experience, BRMR will also boast a brand new, state-of-the-art Ice Event Center containing two indoor and one outdoor ice rinks with stadium seating for up to 500
spectators. Additional amenities will include a front check-in lobby & lounge area, full-service restaurant & bar with room service, coffee bar & market, valet & underground parking, courtyard patio & fire pits and
much more. 2019-08-09

http://cdn.photos.sparkplatform.com/...15000000-o.jpg

Last edited by delts145; Aug 13, 2019 at 2:29 PM.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 2:21 PM

Continued...Update, Black Rock Mountain Resort Development

Eastern Metro Ski Town of Park City

Condo development on S.R. 248 featuring hockey event center may open by end of 2019

Alexander Cramer - The Park Record https://www.parkrecord.com/news/cond...y-end-of-2019/

Driving from Park City on S.R. 248 as the road turns southward and Brown’s Canyon opens to the east, there is a giant white-wrapped structure rising on a hill with twin cranes standing sentinel over the roadway.

It’s a 250-unit condo/hotel/ice arena concept called the Black Rock Mountain Resort that aims to capitalize on what its developers see as the growing four-season attraction of this one-time winter-only destination.

It’s also an example of the regional effects of the Park City area’s growth, with the complex intended to serve as an amenity hub for two other developments at the western end of Brown’s Canyon: Black Rock Ridge and the Deer Vista gated community.

Altogether, the three developments are entitled to more than 700 units at the mouth of Brown’s Canyon, with the potential to reshape an area that’s growing faster than almost anywhere in the region and add traffic to a corridor that already suffers from significant rush hour congestion.

All three are in Wasatch County and Black Rock Mountain Resort and Black Rock Ridge are being developed by Mark 25 Homes, whose president Justin Griffin said construction of the Black Rock Mountain Resort is progressing smoothly. He’s optimistic the first phase — a 69-unit building visible from S.R. 248 — will be finished and open by the end of this year.

The first phase of the Black Rock Mountain Resort may open by the end of this year, its developers say. It features 69 condos and 30,000-square-feet of commercial space,
and its envisioned as a future ice hockey events center with as many as three rinks. Photo By Christopher Samuels/Park Record

Last edited by delts145; Aug 13, 2019 at 2:34 PM.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 8:55 PM

Sale of large Park City base parking lot to PEG Development.

https://www.kpcw.org/post/vail-annou...pment#stream/0

Ten acre parking lot to become a full-service hotel and spa, residential units, commercial space for dining and retail, skier services, parking garages and
community priorities such as improved access to public parking, traffic and transit improvements and on-site workforce housing.

Vail announced on Thursday morning that it has entered into an agreement with a Utah based commercial real estate investment group PEG companies to sell and develop parcels of land currently used as surface parking lots at the base of Park City Mountain.

Vail says that the development plan for the 10 acre lot will feature a mixed-use project, including a full-service hotel and spa, residential units, commercial space for dining and retail, skier services, parking garages and community priorities such as improved access to public parking, traffic and transit improvements and on-site workforce housing.

Cameron Gunter, founder and chief executive officer of PEG Companies said “We believe that the best outcome will ensue as our highly experienced development team not only puts their creative minds together but also solicits and incorporates valued input from the people of Park City into our plans, and that is exactly what we plan to do in coming weeks and months.”

Park City COO Bill Rock added. “We are very excited to have found a development team that will work closely with the City and the community to carry out a vision for a vibrant base area. We look forward to a collaborative partnership that will provide both our guests and Park City residents with an elevated experience at the base of Park City Mountain.”

Park City Mountain Resort holds a 1990s-era City Hall development approval that envisions a major project where the parking lots are now located.
Tanzi Propst/Park Record

Last edited by delts145; Aug 20, 2019 at 11:27 AM.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 9:17 PM

Downtown Adj. - Central Ninth District - New Offices For Infinite Scale Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvland View Post
I've had the pleasure of working with them on this project and Infinite Scale is an amazing company. They do experiential sports venue design. User-level activation, art, flow, vendor design etc. Levi's stadium, Olympics and a bunch of other projects...

Last edited by delts145; Aug 20, 2019 at 11:28 AM.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 2:20 PM

Downtown Update - Grocer Set To Open In Rapidly Expanding Gateway District

http://shopthegateway.com/directory/...-foods-market/

The Store Fine Foods will open its first downtown location August 23rd at The Gateway, bringing a much-needed grocer to the area. Located on the corner of 100 South and Rio Grande Street, they plan to incorporate new concepts like an expanded deli and ample seating space, a bakery and hundreds of local products. Their passion for people and the idea that great food brings people together drives their vision, making it a perfect fit for The Gateway.

Last edited by delts145; Nov 17, 2019 at 1:55 PM.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 9:48 PM

Update, Downtown Adj. - The @ 2100 Apartments

Taylor Anderson Reports - Full Article @
https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/big...ment-proposal/

The @2100 Apartments will be an 81-unit apartment, five-story building near 2000 South 300 West...

Aerial rendering of the proposed @2100 Apartments. Terry B. Hilton Architect designed the project. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public documents.

Update, Downtown Adj. - Big-box dominated 300 West corridor attracts yet another big new apartment proposal

Taylor Anderson Reports - Full Article @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/big...ment-proposal/

The car-dominant, big-box retail corridor along 300 West from 2100 South into Downtown would see yet another big apartment development under proposed plans from Castlewood Development.

The developers envision building 206 one- and two-bedroom apartments and adding 194 parking stalls, many of them fronting the TRAX right-of-way and station across 2100 South.

The project could include as few as 128 parking units because of its close proximity to a UTA station south of 2100 South, but it will instead include 0.94 stalls per unit.

The development would continue a string of new, large apartment buildings seated along a roadway that’s largely dominated by big-box retail stores like Home Depot, Sam’s Club, CostCo and Target, among many others...

Site plan for the proposed 2100 South Apartments, which would add another 206 units to the big-box retail dominated 300 West corridor near Salt Lake City's southern boundary. Courtesy of Salt Lake CIty Planning.

Last edited by delts145; Aug 19, 2019 at 12:45 PM.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 12:49 PM

Update, Downtown Adj. - Euclid Neighborhood

Luke Garrott Reports - West side SLC Euclid neighborhood to see influx of TOD projects - Full Article & Mapping Locations @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/wes...-tod-projects/

Euclid and other nearby Westside neighborhoods. North Temple TRAX in green. Image courtesy North Temple Boulevard Plan.

A near-west side neighborhood in Salt Lake City adjacent to the North Temple transit corridor is set to see a flurry of multi-family housing projects.
Known for its melange of expressways, rail lines, industrial uses, and modest but historical housing stock, Euclid has been identified for intensified development and added amenities since at least its 2006 Small Area Plan.
In 2010 the city, following the North Temple Boulevard Plan, zoned most of east Euclid TSA core or transition. The western end is dominated by Rocky Mountain Power (Pacificorp) and Dominion Energy (formerly Questar).
City plans and the Redevelopment Agency call for daylighting of City Creek along the Folsom Corridor. Construction of an adjacent bicycle-pedestrian path, intended to link with the Jordan River Trail, is set to begin this year...

...A flurry of smaller projects are sprouting on the blocks off of the main boulevard, perhaps because of lower land costs and sympathetic TSA transitional zoning.

Here’s a peek at the Euclid projects in Salt Lake City Planning Division’s queue in 2019:

880 West 200 South, yet unamed
A 154-unit project by JZW Architects of North Salt Lake is being proposed for the corner of 900 West and 200 South, immediately east of Chunga’s Mexican restaurant. The project doesn’t have a name or any submitted documents yet. The owner of the property is listed at 866 West, which may indicate that the project will front 200 South and encompass the two lots to the east, including a viable single-family house.

880 W. 200 S. from the air. I-80 at bottom. Image courtesy Google maps.

AXIOMS, 915 West Euclid Avenue
Di’velept Design has submitted preliminary plans for a 5-unit market-rate townhome project on 915 West Euclid Avenue that will be sited perpendicular to the street.
AXIOMS will replace one single-family dwelling, and each of its five units will be two-bedroom.

Rendering of AXIOMS at 915 W. Euclid. Image courtesy Di’velept Design.

Emeril Studio Lofts, 833 West Emeril
Atlas Architects and the Renovate Home Group plan a 21-unit, two-story, market-rate townhome project on Emeril Avenue that will have major street frontage. Emeril Studio Lofts will most likely consume two houses and a vacant lot in the TSA core area just south of the North Temple corridor. The new building will be just steps away from Red Iguana 2, a neighborhood institution, and the planned Folsom corridor trail and daylighted City Creek.

Emeril Studio Lofts rendering. Image courtesy Atlas Architects.

Esplanade Apartments, 29 North 1000 West
MJSA Architects has completed its process with the city for a 101-unit market-rate project at 10th West and Learned Avenue. The Esplanade Apartments will be eight stories, five levels plus a penthouse on top of 2 levels of parking. 90 parking stalls are required for the building, of which 84 will be provided on-site. The Esplanade Apartments will provide “storefronts” on the ground floor. The main entrance on the corner of 1000 West and Learned Avenue is designed as an “architectural feature.” The development will remove 4 houses along 1000 West.

Esplanade Apartments rendering from the east. Image courtesy MJSA Architects.

The Myrna, 150 South 800 West
CW Urban is proposing a six-building, three-story market-rate townhome project on a unique corner lot bordered on two sides by Interstates. Latest documents provided to the city indicate that the project is falling far short of meeting the TSA point score to advance with administrative rather than Planning Commission approval. Notable elements of the project are a pocket park at the property’s southern edge on 200 South and mid-block walkways connecting 200 South to 800 West, a path currently inaccessible to the public.

The Myrna site plan, 150 S. 800 W., courtesy CW Urban.

Last edited by delts145; Aug 19, 2019 at 2:12 PM.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 11:29 AM

Downtown Update - New Social Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
Holdings LLC has filed for a conditional use permit to build a 3 story, "membership based Social club" with a restaurant, gym, multiple bar areas, event space and a pool at 335 South 200 West.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 4:17 AM

Last edited by delts145; Oct 2, 2019 at 10:14 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations