HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 7:39 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

SA - Massive New Downtown Planned for Cibolo

This will be a 700 acre TND with an adjacent 500 acre public park for Cibolo, Texas which is 20 miles northeast of downtown SA.

Single family housing

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; Jun 15, 2007 at 9:49 PM.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 8:09 PM
The Space Pope

Wow! I have no idea where Cibolo is, but this looks just awesome. If RiverNorth looks half as good as this......then we're all set!

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 9:47 PM

Full version

Click here for a extremely large version
http://www.mydatabus.com/4z/pvobybgk...n28march07.png

Google map of location
http://www.google.com/maps?ll=29.568...3315ed7d62b8b5

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; Jun 15, 2007 at 9:53 PM.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvinggryphon View Post
Wow! I have no idea where Cibolo is, but this looks just awesome. If RiverNorth looks half as good as this......then we're all set!
Cibolo is right next to Schertz.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2007, 12:19 AM

If you don't know where Cibolo is, you will. That area is absolutely BOOMING. I drive thru there along FM 1103 almost every day and there are hundreds if not thousand of houses going in right now Developemts GALORE in that area.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2007, 4:35 AM
JACKinBeantown

Nice!

Old Posted Jun 16, 2007, 5:01 AM

Wow! It looks so anti-typical sprawl. I can't believe this is about 2 miles from my old house!

Old Posted Jun 16, 2007, 6:22 AM

My friend owns over 53 acres of that land just north and a tad west of that lake. on 1103. Don't think she plans on selling in this life time.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2007, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago3rd View Post
My friend owns over 53 acres of that land just north and a tad west of that lake. on 1103. Don't think she plans on selling in this life time.
Well, all the other land owners are selling out to developers. There must be 15 new developments going in on 1103 alone right now.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2007, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBTX11 View Post
Well, all the other land owners are selling out to developers. There must be 15 new developments going in on 1103 alone right now.
Yeah it is unbelievable. It use to be so far out in the country. I remember that 3009 south of I-35 had a few small subdivisions....and they were talking about it one day being all built in....and I thought right. Last time I was there it was like...done that. Also on the west side of 1103 from my friends land it use to be fields all the way over the hill. Now it is all subdivisions.....in the next 10 years....it will be solid all the way out to that golf course on I-35.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 5:48 PM
JDSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago3rd View Post

Thank our wonderful government for eminent domain!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 5:51 PM
JDSII

I am shocked that Cibolo would think of this! This is great! However, I'm not really seeing the "transit" aspect of TOD. I see a multi-modal station near the train tracks, but that is a freight line and the station isn't oriented well to the rest of the development.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 7:04 PM

Quote:
If you don't know where Cibolo is, you will. That area is absolutely BOOMING.
Is the northeast San Antonio metro area in general a booming/prosperous area, or the growth mostly just the Cibolo area ?

My brother and I have never been to Texas other than one visit to Dallas-Ft. Worth-Denton, but probably his most promising job lead right now is in San Marcos, which is in between San Antonio and Austin, so I'm basically trying to familiarize myself with the whole region, as far as where the best areas are and what areas are maybe not so good.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruidCity View Post
Is the northeast San Antonio metro area in general a booming/prosperous area, or the growth mostly just the Cibolo area ?

My brother and I have never been to Texas other than one visit to Dallas-Ft. Worth-Denton, but probably his most promising job lead right now is in San Marcos, which is in between San Antonio and Austin, so I'm basically trying to familiarize myself with the whole region, as far as where the best areas are and what areas are maybe not so good.
Yes, it is. Actually, the whole north side of SA is booming. When I lived there a few years ago, I lived in Schertz (it's it borders Cibolo on the South/Southeast side), and it along with the rest of NE San Antonio was growing a lot. I really can't think of any "not so good" parts inbetween SA and Austin. I'm sure New Braunfells and San Marcos have their areas, but the I-35 area as a whole is very pleasant.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 9:19 PM

great design for SFH. the arched entry hasn't been around for some time. this looks like early 20th century craftsman with a twist. add that with the modern approach - the third rendering - and this should look really nice. does anyone know the lot sizes? that will determine a lot about how easy it will be for people to walk to commerce vs. drive.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruidCity View Post

The entire I-35 corridor between Austin and San Antonio is growing very rapidly. Probably at a faster rate than the rest of the metro areas (although there are other fast growing areas too).

Let me vouch for New Braunfels. An absolutely Beautiful growing city of about 50K on the banks of the Guadalupe and Comal Rivers. So much charachter and charm. Lot of outdoor activities and a stone's throw away from the hill country and canyon lake.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 4:50 AM

Looks like it could turn out very nice. I really like that part of town. I remember when Schertz had around 5k people in the 90's man has that place changed. But yes the free land between SA, and Austin is filling in very quickly.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio