HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 1, 2019, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spictacular mcluvin View Post
Wow this was just open yesterday.
A friend of the family who lives a couple of blocks from the mall said it closed. After your comment that it was open yesterday I thought I would check. I called this Subway location and they are open. Sorry!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
Just took a peek at the main floor Sears space on my way home and they've drywalled off a section to the northwest and are now tiling the same as out in the mall. Looks like it could easily be Shoppers size wise. Any rumoured restaurants I'm sure would want their own specific flooring treatments. Purely speculation on my part however.
Pictures please!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
A friend of the family who lives a couple of blocks from the mall said it closed. After your comment that it was open yesterday I thought I would check. I called this Subway location and they are open. Sorry!
It was the A&W that closed.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 6:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
Strathallen map shows only one vacancy in food court (former A&W spot). Bobo’s Kitchen is listed taking Taste of Mediterranean spot next to washroom entrance (former Robin’s Donuts).

I feel Cinnabon would be a perfect fit for the Southland Mall. Why doesn’t Saskatchewan have any Cinnabon franchises? Not even Cinnzeo from Alberta has infiltrated the province. Who doesn’t like a delicious cinnamon bun!?

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 8:22 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Strathallen map shows only one vacancy in food court (former A&W spot). Bobo’s Kitchen is listed taking Taste of Mediterranean spot next to washroom entrance (former Robin’s Donuts).

I feel Cinnabon would be a perfect fit for the Southland Mall. Why doesn’t Saskatchewan have any Cinnabon franchises? Not even Cinnzeo from Alberta has infiltrated the province. Who doesn’t like a delicious cinnamon bun!?

Green Spot downtown has us covered. Best store/cafe-bought cinnamon buns in the city.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Green Spot downtown has us covered. Best store/cafe-bought cinnamon buns in the city.
I love them too! But Cinnabon would be a good other option, plus their cinnamon buns have icing and are made daily.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 3:35 PM

Quote:
I love them too! But Cinnabon would be a good other option, plus their cinnamon buns have icing and are made daily.
Cinnabon is OK (remember the one in the Galleria?), but I agree with Stormer that Green Spot (and, to a lesser degree, Sweetie Pie on Albert) is better. It's true that you're only assured of GS cinnamon buns on Mondays & Saturdays, but they make special order batches everyday... and experience tells me that they are making enough special orders that you can pretty much get a fresh cinnamon bun from them every day that they are open.

Saint Cinnamon lasted in the Southland spot where Booster Juice is for quite a few years. Kind of like yogurt places (remember Yogurtys? Kind of in the spot where Sland Subway is & where ZamZam in Cornwall is), I think chain cinnamon bun places are fads that come/go.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
Cinnabon is OK (remember the one in the Galleria?), but I agree with Stormer that Green Spot (and, to a lesser degree, Sweetie Pie on Albert) is better. It's true that you're only assured of GS cinnamon buns on Mondays & Saturdays, but they make special order batches everyday... and experience tells me that they are making enough special orders that you can pretty much get a fresh cinnamon bun from them every day that they are open.

Saint Cinnamon lasted in the Southland spot where Booster Juice is for quite a few years. Kind of like yogurt places (remember Yogurtys? Kind of in the spot where Sland Subway is & where ZamZam in Cornwall is), I think chain cinnamon bun places are fads that come/go.
Cinnabon in the GTA is constantly busy. Definitely not a fad. But I do see your point about local options. Just would love Cinnabon in Regina. My brother worked at Saint Cinnamon when he was younger and the old ladies that worked there were apparently mean beyond belief. I also remember loving Yogurty’s where EB games is now at the Southland Mall.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Cinnabon in the GTA is constantly busy. Definitely not a fad. But I do see your point about local options. Just would love Cinnabon in Regina. My brother worked at Saint Cinnamon when he was younger and the old ladies that worked there were apparently mean beyond belief. I also remember loving Yogurty’s where EB games is now at the Southland Mall.
Yeah - you're right, it was where EB is! And I heard the same thing about the mean Saint Cinnamon ladies who worked there from a friend.

Cinnabon in Ottawa was a weird/desolate place... but I shouldn't base opinion s on a sample size of one

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Yeah - you're right, it was where EB is! And I heard the same thing about the mean Saint Cinnamon ladies who worked there from a friend.

Cinnabon in Ottawa was a weird/desolate place... but I shouldn't base opinion s on a sample size of one
The Saint Cinnamon franchise seems to mostly remain in Quebec. And I find the rolls are not that great and quite dry.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
Yes, I knew that first-hand and reported that in here (Pubs and Restaurants) a few weeks ago.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 7:39 PM

I loved Cinnabon at the Galleria. My brother and I would go every Saturday morning to have one with extra frosting and a chocolate milk. As the number of stores in the Galleria dwindled we kind of half-jokingly said "I wonder who will be closed this time' and sadly, it was Cinnabon. I'm now diabetic (Gee, how did that happen? LOL) and in light of people eating healthier, maybe a Freshii would do well in Southland Mall?

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 8:37 PM

Quote:
I loved Cinnabon at the Galleria. My brother and I would go every Saturday morning to have one with extra frosting and a chocolate milk. As the number of stores in the Galleria dwindled we kind of half-jokingly said "I wonder who will be closed this time' and sadly, it was Cinnabon. I'm now diabetic (Gee, how did that happen? LOL) and in light of people eating healthier, maybe a Freshii would do well in Southland Mall?
Freshii would be perfect!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Freshii would be perfect!
Freshii tends to smell like a strange mix of soup and rotting garbage when I walk by it at the Cornwall Centre.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 11:39 PM

Quote:
The Cornwall Centre needs a Cinnabon or Cinnzeo type place.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
The Cornwall Centre needs a Cinnabon or Cinnzeo type place.
Agreed!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:

To me the Cinnabon/Cinnzeo ones are far better. Much fresher and they have the white icing on them. I do like Green Spot cinnamon buns but I also think they're quite overrated.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 5:31 AM

I used to make cinnamon rolls at superstore in the bakery and then on my break I would go to Cinnabon, they were just so good.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 7:37 PM

Costco Liquor opened today.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberrant View Post
Costco Liquor opened today.
Is a membership needed? I know it isn't in Alberta.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan