HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTownAndy View Post
I noticed that Fulcrum has officially broken ground on the next phase in the Bridge District. The Foundry (aka Grannery Lofts) lot is fenced off and site work has begun.

Also noticed this morning there was some heavy equipment moving around dirt on the lot across from Raley Field where that big dirt mound has been for the last 3 years. Not sure what's going on there.
Oh awesome. All of the 4-5 story apartments seem to be on the go, no movement on any of the huge riverside projects though.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 2:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofFrost View Post
Oh awesome. All of the 4-5 story apartments seem to be on the go, no movement on any of the huge riverside projects though.
I was able to contact Ben and he said that the Foundry is well underway but has no news on The Bridge next to Moderns at Eames Walk. As for the moving of dirt, the city requested that to happen but from what he knows it does not signify new construction by the river.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 10:33 PM

It looks like the West project in the Bridge District is back. It's up on the West Sac planning dept website again, with revised renderings:

https://www.cityofwestsacramento.org...cument?id=7897

Bridge District Design Review (The West)

CA Ventures submitted a design review application for a 286-unit, five story mixed use residential/retail building at 805 Riverfront Street (southeast corner of Ballpark Drive and Riverfront Street). The design includes retail along the entire length of the building’s Riverfront Street frontage and residential stoops along Ballpark Drive, State Street and a newly constructed access street. The exterior materials are primarily vinyl windows, smooth light-colored cement plaster, fiber board cement lap siding, brick and aluminum storefront windows along the ground floor Riverfront Street frontage, and steel balconies throughout the project for all residential units. The applicant submitted two color board options, both with light colored cement plaster as the main color with different accent colors of blue, green and grey.

The project is adjacent to the Riverwalk trail and will provide additional landscaping and amenities along the trail. The landscape plans provided are meant to serve as initial concepts and specific details of the trail amenities and landscaping along the Riverwalk and street frontages are under development.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 11:49 PM

I imagine the height is so that it doesn't interfere with the views from within the ballpark. Still the design is uninspired.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 2:43 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
I imagine the height is so that it doesn't interfere with the views from within the ballpark. Still the design is uninspired.
Meh what views? Being right in the water, I think it should go a little higher. Also design is lacking

Old Posted Sep 23, 2018, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Meh what views? Being right in the water, I think it should go a little higher. Also design is lacking
The views of downtown Sacramento, such as it is. It doesn’t matter if you care about that. Raley Field brings in a lot of money for WS.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2018, 7:46 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
The views of downtown Sacramento, such as it is. It doesn’t matter if you care about that. Raley Field brings in a lot of money for WS.
Yes I have season tickets there but looking at the lot, it likely wouldn’t obstruct views. Especially on the southern side. Anyway, it’s a bummer they didn’t build the park right next to the water. Would have been the way to go

Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Yes I have season tickets there but looking at the lot, it likely wouldn’t obstruct views. Especially on the southern side. Anyway, it’s a bummer they didn’t build the park right next to the water. Would have been the way to go
You would probably know better than I. If the ballpark is elevated enough and this devlopmemt is low enough not to obstruct views then I think it’s the best solution. I’d much rather have residential and more importantly retail along the river than the ballpark which is lifeless unless there’s a game or event.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 3:04 PM

Quote:
You would probably know better than I. If the ballpark is elevated enough and this devlopmemt is low enough not to obstruct views then I think it’s the best solution. I’d much rather have residential and more importantly retail along the river than the ballpark which is lifeless unless there’s a game or event.
I'm wondering, long term, what they are going to do about all the surface parking in the bridge district. If you look at an aerial photograph, there is a crazy amount of surface parking, maybe a good 40% of all the land. Very cheap and convenient now but ultimately a waste of space.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofFrost View Post
I'm wondering, long term, what they are going to do about all the surface parking in the bridge district. If you look at an aerial photograph, there is a crazy amount of surface parking, maybe a good 40% of all the land. Very cheap and convenient now but ultimately a waste of space.
In the long run? I suspect the parking will be consolidated and "stacked" into some select multi-story parking garages for the residents and event attendees, depending upon how many riverfront area condos they can sell. Right now, that area is still very much a work in progress.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 5:39 PM

we will know by November if Calstrs will proceed with the construction of a second highrise in west sacramento riverfront.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...218819165.html

Old Posted Oct 6, 2018, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
we will know by November if Calstrs will proceed with the construction of a second highrise in west sacramento riverfront.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...218819165.html
I wouldn’t call a 5 story building a high-rise would you? Unless I misread the article.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2018, 2:43 PM

5 story for 300 million?

Old Posted Oct 8, 2018, 4:34 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Is this the first time we are hearing about this? This sounds like a terrible idea and they should probably just ask calpers if they can rent some space at 601.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2018, 5:50 PM

I actually posted this two years ago, just giving you an update.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/business...121981139.html

Now they're saying it will cost 300million to build a second tower.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 5:02 AM

What's happening on what was an empty parcel located at Tower Bridge Gateway, Grand Street and West Capitol? Looks like the making of a parking lot and perhaps a (gasp) strip mall. Anyone?

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 2:37 PM

Drake's has set a grand opening date for their location at the Barn- Wed Oct 24th.

Quote:
Features include the PizzaSmith full-service restaurant, an outdoor bar, 400-seat beer garden, food trucks on weekends, fire pits, three music stages, a large open meadow with beach chairs and lawn games, and opening this winter, a 38-seat craft cocktail bar.
https://drinkdrakes.com/drakes-barn-...st-sacramento/

Old Posted Oct 29, 2018, 8:14 PM

One 5-story and five 3-story apartment buildings submitted to the city for an open parcel along Jefferson Blvd near the Southport neighborhood.

https://www.cityofwestsacramento.org...cument?id=8063

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTownAndy View Post
One 5-story and five 3-story apartment buildings submitted to the city for an open parcel along Jefferson Blvd near the Southport neighborhood.

https://www.cityofwestsacramento.org...cument?id=8063
I am glad to see West Sac bringing in more much needed housing but I really am not liking how West Sac is building out--very suburban and carcentric feeling. Not walkable urban blocks.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 2:16 AM

Calstrs board of teachers voted today to add a second tower to their hq in west sacramento.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area