HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 5:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_climber13 View Post
Dude from LA takes the best pics of SF, bravo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
Damn good start, ConstructDTLA! Looking forward to the rest.
Thank you guys

I wrote up a blog post on my site of all the major projects with brief snippets of information:
http://hunterkerhart.com/san-francisco-development-2018/

Quote:
The latest update on San Francisco Development & Construction
Last week, I was in San Francisco shooting a project for one of my favorite clients. I decided to stay through the weekend and do an update on some of the biggest projects happening in the city. Below are a few of the highlights, but I encourage you to click through to my Flickr page where I have uploaded over 100 various shots from San Francisco and Oakland.
Here are a handful of selects (in no particular order) - feel free to post any of the other images if you feel they are relevant:

San Francisco Skyline by Hunter, on Flickr

San Francisco Skyline with City Hall by Hunter, on Flickr

181 Fremont, Park Tower & Folsom Bay Tower by Hunter, on Flickr

Salesforce Transit Center by Hunter, on Flickr

Salesforce Transit Center by Hunter, on Flickr

Salesforce Tower by Hunter, on Flickr

Salesforce Tower by Hunter, on Flickr

Salesforce Park / Salesforce Transit Center by Hunter, on Flickr

Salesforce Park by Hunter, on Flickr

Park Tower at Transbay by Hunter, on Flickr

Park Tower at Transbay by Hunter, on Flickr

Oceanwide Center by Hunter, on Flickr

Folsom Bay Tower by Hunter, on Flickr

Moscone Expansion by Hunter, on Flickr

Moscone Expansion by Hunter, on Flickr

Ferry Terminal Expansion by Hunter, on Flickr

Downtown San Francisco Ferry Terminal Expansion Project by Hunter, on Flickr

Downtown San Francisco Ferry Terminal Expansion Project by Hunter, on Flickr

Central Subway by Hunter, on Flickr

1700 Webster St, Oakland by Hunter, on Flickr

1640 Broadway, Oakland by Hunter, on Flickr

1500 Mission Street (former Goodwill site) by Hunter, on Flickr

1314 Franklin St, Oakland by Hunter, on Flickr

706 Mission St by Hunter, on Flickr

400 Folsom & 33 Tehama by Hunter, on Flickr

400 Folsom by Hunter, on Flickr

400 Folsom by Hunter, on Flickr

400 & 500 Folsom + Salesforce Tower by Hunter, on Flickr

400 & 500 Folsom + Salesforce Tower by Hunter, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 6:01 AM
你的媽媽

Great photos! Awesome work!

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 6:10 AM

Wow, such visual stimulation. Probably the best pics of SF I've seen on this forum. San Francisco looks like an entirely different city than the one I knew when I first visited as a kid.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 6:16 AM

Awesome. I assume you used a drone for some of those--didn't know you could do that downtown.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 6:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConstructDTLA View Post
[/url] by Hunter, on Flickr
Wow!

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 6:58 AM

Epic!

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 9:53 AM
heavy user of walkability

those are great! I especially liked getting the view down into the 100 Folsom and 706 Mission holes, since they are hard to see from the ground

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 2:12 PM

Really nice pics. Thank you ConstructDTLA. Great to see the most up to date shots of SF. Some of us are not lucky to live nearby to see it person or like myself, moved away. SOMEDAY I will be back.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 7:42 PM

Thanks for all the great pix Hunter! Hope you come back to SF soon and update us again. Amazing talent!

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 10:05 PM

I have to come out of hiding just to say, that is the best set of San Francisco and Oakland construction progress photos we ever had! Excellent work - thanks so much!

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 1:48 AM

A couple updates:

636 4th Street was cut down by 100 feet - It still looks good, imo.

Quote:
With Planning having balked at the proposed height of a 350-foot-tall tower to rise at 636 4th Street, upon the former K&L Wine Merchants building parcel which is currently only zoned for development up to 85 feet in height but is slated to be up-zoned to 250-feet if San Francisco’s Central SoMa Plan is adopted, the proposed tower’s height has been dropped to 250 feet and the formal application to conditionally approve the development has been filed.

Source

And 75 Howard is finally moving forward:

Quote:
A luxury San Francisco condo tower breaking ground soon is poised to command some of the highest prices in the entire city.

Construction will start on the 120-unit project at 75 Howard St. — a few blocks from the Bay Bridge — this spring and it will open in mid-2020, said two sources familiar with the project.
Source

Source

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 7:33 PM
REAL Kiwi!

Spectacular updates...even those two modest projects that are revived, great adds

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Awesome. I assume you used a drone for some of those--didn't know you could do that downtown.
Tbh, I don't think you are allowed to

But AMAZING PHOTOS ConstructDTLA! Thank you for taking all of those. You for sure got a new follower on Flickr for these. Can't wait to see more of these wherever you go!

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 11:57 PM

1977 - thanks for the updates. Both buildings are big winners for me. I can see why the condos will be pricey - with unobstructed views of the bay a rare opportunity indeed. A couple of years from now it will be an interesting view from the Embarcadero.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 5:24 PM

So excited about 4th, even though it was downsized. Will start to set a precedent that Mission Bay can be denser and taller, and will hopefully begin to connect the urban fabric of Transbay/Rincon Hill/"The East Cut" (hate that name) with Mission Bay.

75 Howard is less exciting to me because that particular building won't do anything to fix our housing crisis since, if we're being honest, that's primed for secondary units (I'm very much in favor of as much market rate and "luxury" housing as possible, by the way, but I far prefer the luxury properties that are more geared toward wealthy professionals who will be living in the city full time thus taking the pressure off the older housing stock so that can go to less wealthy families), but with that location there was never any chance for anything other than super expensive units, so I'm very much for it. I think it will make almost no impact on the skyline whatsoever and will be overshadowed by other projects almost the second it is finished and so I almost categorize it as infill, which is so ironic given the outcry about it. Those views though...

One that I'm really excited about is the SF Conservatory of Music building (https://www.cavagnero.com/project/sa...tory-of-music/) got approved yesterday (420 student beds, plus 30 units for faculty and the former residents of the building its replacing). I spoke out in favor of the development at planning, but it seems I wasn't needed...everybody spoke in favor of it, EVEN SUE HESTOR who even self-deprecatingly referenced the rarity of her speaking out in favor of new construction and raising a height limit. The developer and the conservatory are doing an amazing job and have gone above and beyond in terms of keeping the current rent controlled tenants in the area, leasing them units in the soon to be completed 150 Van Ness (right across the street from the project) until the new building is finished. Will be great urban infill for Civic Center/Mid-Market/Hayes Valley with a lot of heart and thought behind it. Cannot wait for the free performances with views of City Hall in the background!!!

And speaking of great infill, the Mission Rock presentation at the Land Use and Transportation Commission was really interesting with regards to retail. They diagrammed Hayes, Chestnut, Valencia, and Fillmore to create their retail corridors, aiming to mimic the dimensions, size, and mixed-use of those streets. Unlike many developers with giant floorplans that never get leased, when completed it looks like we'll be seeing many small, narrow, and deep floorplans aimed at small businesses and increasing diversity of use along the streets. SF Giants are another class act, I just wish it was being built quicker because it will be a real asset to Mission Bay and the city as a whole.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 5:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
And speaking of great infill, the Mission Rock presentation at the Land Use and Transportation Commission was really interesting with regards to retail. They diagrammed Hayes, Chestnut, Valencia, and Fillmore to create their retail corridors, aiming to mimic the dimensions, size, and mixed-use of those streets. Unlike many developers with giant floorplans that never get leased, when completed it looks like we'll be seeing many small, narrow, and deep floorplans aimed at small businesses and increasing diversity of use along the streets. SF Giants are another class act, I just wish it was being built quicker because it will be a real asset to Mission Bay and the city as a whole.
Good call. Glad to see a developer paying attention to developing their retail properly. Here's a link to the meeting video and a screenshot of the slide:

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 8:04 PM
Surrounded by Nature

I'm liking 150 Van Ness.

When the Conservatory of Music's stunning new structure is built on the left block, this segment of the avenue is going to be much transformed and enhanced.

[IMG]150 Van Ness by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]150 Van Ness by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Feb 11, 2018, 12:52 AM
Downtowner

Amazing Skyline!

I just want to say how gorgeous your city and skyline look!! Cheers!

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 7:48 PM

Quote:
UCSF gets $500 million donation for new seismically sound hospital
By Bay City News on February 11, 2018 9:00 pm

The University of California at San Francisco received a $500 million commitment from a charitable foundation to pay for a new seismically sound hospital at the university’s Parnassus Heights campus, hospital officials said.

The Helen Diller Foundation, a family foundation best known for its contributions to university facilities, donated the money, which will be used to build an earthquake-resistant structure.

There are two hospitals at Parnassus Heights, Long and Moffitt, and an ambulatory care center. Under state law, the inpatient activity at Moffitt, built in 1955, must be relocated by 2030 to conform to seismic code requirements, according to hospital officials.

The new hospital will be seismically sound, energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable, and is expected to open before 2030, hospital
officials said . . . .
http://www.sfexaminer.com/ucsf-gets-...ound-hospital/

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 3:43 AM
クラブトクヨ

The Salesforce Tower is beutiful!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations