HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Signature Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 11, 2007, 7:14 AM
Born and raised

Is Signature Tower going to have a heliport?

Old Posted Jan 16, 2007, 1:38 PM
Hello

This is just a fantastic tower.
Has the sales office opened yet? If so, any prices available on units?

Old Posted Jan 16, 2007, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPhillyBoy View Post
This is just a fantastic tower.
Has the sales office opened yet? If so, any prices available on units?
www.signaturetowernashville.com

Go to the above link and then click on the various tabs. The floorplan allows you to click on the tower to find prices for that cluster of floors.

The gallery is also very nice as is the video.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2007, 5:34 PM

Here is a late news article about the production company in charge of promoting Signature Tower. Notice too a photo of our own Gaushell.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/...283928,00.html

Old Posted Jan 18, 2007, 8:42 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
^^^^

I hope Signature gets built. It's a gorgeous building that will add much to Nashville's skyline.

I also hope Museum Plaza gets built too. It's precisely what has been lacking in so much modern day American design. We used to be at the forefront of radical skyscraper design. Now we look down on anything that challenges our rules of what is aesthetically acceptable.

We sound like a bunch of old people...

Blah...
lol, we do sound like a bunch of old people. My personal distaste for the Museum Tower, however, has nothing to do with any feelings toward Louisville or a lack of appreciation for cutting edge design. I absolutely love Louisville, and I love The Turning Torso (just one example of many)...I simply don't like the design of Museum Tower. That's all. Nothing more to it really.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jan 19, 2007, 12:14 AM
Hankster

Here's some more information on the Signature Tower project as reported today in The Nashville Post.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/20...e_construction

Here's the artcle's script:

"Signature Tower has more hurdles before construction
Email | Print By Richard Lawson

01-18-2007 1:56 PM — Although rezoning has been approved for Signature Tower, which is having a much easier time than the Westin hotel project proposed for a few blocks away, developer Tony Giarratana still has some other hurdles to clear before construction can get underway on what would be the tallest building in the Southeast.

Financing, of course, is a crucial element in order for construction to begin. On Monday, Chicago-based Jones Lang LaSalle, the investment bank hired to raise the money, started its work by distributing a development-financing memorandum to financial institutions. Giarratana expects to close on the financing June 30 and break ground the following day.

The construction date originally was set for this spring. But as projects of this magnitude progress, construction dates can be moving targets.

Another key element is the number of reservations. The target is 60% of the 435 condominiums planned for the tower, or 261, before construction. So far, Giarratana has 140 reservations for a total value of $105 million. The sales office is under construction on the 11th floor of the Suntrust Bank Building downtown and it is scheduled to open March 1.

Last Friday, Giarratana received the architectural and engineering drawings necessary to establish a guaranteed maximum price. He expects to have with Turner Construction completed by the end of next month.

If all goes as planned now, construction is scheduled for completion on June 30, 2010."

There's lots of real important news in the article. First of all, I don't think that it had been reported that the sales office is already under contruction with an anticipated opening on March 1st. I can't wait to visit the Sales Office. It should be a blast. I really think that sales will be energized once the sales office opens. Which bring to mind, the second and most important (in my opinion) information revealed in Richard Lawson's article. That is that the goal is 60% of the units reserved, not 50% under contract as many had assumed earlier. I don't think they would report that as the goal if they didn't already have feedback from banks that meeting 60% reserved would qualify for the loan, and I know for a fact that Tony Giarratana has already had a number of meetings with various banks to secure a loan for the project. For me, this is extremely significant. I have little doubt that Tony can achieve that number of reservations before June 30th. As I said earlier, I believe sales will really begin cranking in March once the Sales office opens. I wouldn't be surprised if he get the other 120 reservations he needs in 4 to six weeks once the office opens.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2007, 1:55 AM

60 percent sounds like a goal-- but with 140 already sold they should be atleast somewhat confident about the rest seeing as though there isn't even a sales office yet.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 10:17 PM

More renderings...

More renderings of Signature Tower in the first three pages of this online magazine (including interior and skyline renderings): Pinnacle

Old Posted Feb 4, 2007, 5:44 AM
Everywhere all at once

The night rendering in that magazine is phenomenal! Thanks ariesjow

Old Posted Feb 4, 2007, 7:42 PM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

very cool!

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 5:32 PM

Here is a new and very positive Tennessean article.

http://www.fairviewobserver.com/apps...42/1321/MTCN06

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 6:53 PM

any guesses on the chances on something taller being proposed in Atlanta before Signature is finished? Isn't there talk of 1000'+ building in Atlantic Station?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 7:11 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
any guesses on the chances on something taller being proposed in Atlanta before Signature is finished? Isn't there talk of 1000'+ building in Atlantic Station?
With the Signature Tower in the works hopefully this may spark some possabilities. With Atlanta growing as fast as it is and as big of a city as it is becoming, it is perfectly capable of doing so. I'd be willing to bet that by 2010 someone will at least come up with a proposal taller than the Bank of America.

To get back on topic, that is all very exciting news about the sales!!!

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
lol, we do sound like a bunch of old people. My personal distaste for the Museum Tower, however, has nothing to do with any feelings toward Louisville or a lack of appreciation for cutting edge design. I absolutely love Louisville, and I love The Turning Torso (just one example of many)...I simply don't like the design of Museum Tower. That's all. Nothing more to it really.
This is pretty much how I feel. I like the idea of Museum Tower and it's functions and all..it is the design and the design only that is heinous IMO.

Signature Tower may not be an innovative design but what it lacks in innovation it will more than make up for in beauty and grace.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
I wouldn't be shocked but we should give kudos to Nashville and let them enjoy the title for a couple years anyway. If Signature starts construction soon, nobody will be able to overtake them for at least a few years.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
With the Signature Tower in the works hopefully this may spark some possabilities. With Atlanta growing as fast as it is and as big of a city as it is becoming, it is perfectly capable of doing so. I'd be willing to bet that by 2010 someone will at least come up with a proposal taller than the Bank of America.

To get back on topic, that is all very exciting news about the sales!!!
Yeah, something that has a better top on it. I do think BOA looks great at night but in the daytime it looks unfinished much like BOA Charlotte (but Charlotte's crown is nicer than Atlanta's)

Old Posted Mar 10, 2007, 4:34 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
Here is a new and very positive Tennessean article.

http://www.fairviewobserver.com/apps...42/1321/MTCN06
very positive indeed. stuff like that makes me feel good, like american cities really are booming again.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2007, 4:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
very positive indeed. stuff like that makes me feel good, like american cities really are booming again.
And this article does something I haven't seen any articles do, it attaches real faces of real buyers to the proposal. The effect is some very positive and free publicity.

And let's not forget the fact that Nashville has a very large population of wealthy people, many involved in the entertainment industry.

This thing will fly.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2007, 4:01 PM

Another positive on the financing.

http://www.costar.com/News/Article.a...6C00B1B0C2757C

Old Posted Mar 16, 2007, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
thats beautiful!! Nashville will now have a taller building than LA!
if you are going by the spire...LA and Houston will still have taller buildings based on occupied levels. This Nashville tower is definitely nicer than the US Bank tower in LA but if you stuck an antenna on the US Bank tower or Houston's Chase Tower and Wells Fargo they would be taller than the Nashville tower (Houston's towers are nicer too).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive